This man is TRIPP'in

Charlotte

My man just told me, "I want you to be more sexy around the house".

Yes, I do walk around the house with my hair wrapped up complete with my scarf, comfortable pj's and cotton socks. I feel comfortable like that! I may even add some white pimple cream and let it dry that way!

I do have my moments I'll treat him to a sexy VS lingerie but what do I look like washing dishes, cooking, cleaning and everything else with flowing lace everywhere:ohwell:. Anyways.... I get cold easy.

How should I take this? Constructive criticism? Is he eluding to something else?

Call me selfish but I'm not sure I'm willing to make this sacrifice... possiblily some negotiation is in order.

What else can I wear that is not lingerie but sexy to my man? What are you ladies wearing to appease your man?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Find some of those real cute pj's from Victoria's Secret. I know they're having a clearance sale online right now. My SO loves some of the pj's I got from there.

Men they are so visual :rolleyes: I co-sign on the cute pj's and treat him to some sexy lingerie on occassion.

I try my best to look cute around the house, but its also because my hubby helps out around the house. Sometimes I dont feel like doing the super sexy VS Angel thing. So I acquired a collection of lounge wear.Most arent even pajamas, they're cute, cheap, stylish, feminine dresses, long shirts, tank tops, shorts, and short skirts. They are usually cotton, so they're really soft and comfortable.I find most of my stuff at target or forever 21, so its stylish and cheap. For the feet, I wear sandals, flip flops or these ugg style boots that I bought just for home wear. It's cute, so he's happy, I'm comfy, so Im happy.

Win-win.

So how sexy does HE look around the house? :lachen:

Girl, just buy some cute comfy VS pjs and keep it moving. If he expects you to be tricked out in a thong and corset while folding laundry and scrubing the tub, then he will be sorely disappointed. :spinning:

How should I take this? Constructive criticism? Is he eluding to something else?
Something else, like what? It depends on how he said it. If he has an issue with what you wear, maybe he shouldve approached it by buying something that he likes, but is also practical for you to wear while doing work around the house.

Yes, I do walk around the house with my hair wrapped up complete with my scarf, comfortable pj's and cotton socks. I feel comfortable like that! I may even add some white pimple cream and let it dry that way!

I do have my moments I'll treat him to a sexy VS lingerie but what do I look like washing dishes, cooking, cleaning and everything else with flowing lace everywhere:ohwell:. Anyways.... I get cold easy.

Call me selfish but I'm not sure I'm willing to make this sacrifice... possiblily some negotiation is in order.

What else can I wear that is not lingerie but sexy to my man? What are you ladies wearing to appease your man?:rolleyes:

LOL I laughed when I read about the pimple cream.
Sorry, you have to do better than this, please don't take this the wrong way, but you have to look cute and sexy at least a little bit... :)

Wear a nice top in some nice color and some hiphugging pants or jeans. You don't have to go all out and wear lace and stuff, but just a put together casual outfit. You would be surprised at the reaction you'll get when you wear some sexy lingerie underneath a top...:spinning:

No cotton socks or pimple cream! Promise me that :grin:

Not sure really.... sometimes it may be constructive criticism, sometimes not. Only you know the kind of relationship you have with your guy. I have seen this go both ways.

So how sexy does HE look around the house? :lachen:

Girl, just buy some cute comfy VS pjs and keep it moving. If he expects you to be tricked out in a thong and corset while folding laundry and scrubing the tub, then he will be sorely disappointed. :spinning:

This aint funny. If he wants her to preserve her sexiness he better be ready to match up.

Evidently this is going around because my DH wants me to wear high heels and have my hair down all day and night. now i don't wear a scarf until after he goes to sleep because that was an issue. i told there is not a black woman in the world that doesn't wear a scarf to bed. so i will purchase a satin pillowcase. then he says he would like me in lingerie all day when i come home. i told him this isn't a Luke video i will not wear thongs and bras walking around the house. we have 2 teenaged daughters. ii guess i can take the socks off since i read that comment but how can i walk around in camisoles and babydoll sets with kids in the house. i think it is ridiculous. Please help or tell me if i am wrong. I work from 8-5 and when i get home i am tired and not for any BS.

betteron2day,

I certainly feel you. I cannot for the life of me wrap my mind around all the things that a woman is expected do, how to act when we have disagreements (I can easly go 1-2 days without acknowleding his presence; trying to get better), be intimate REGULARLY, daily if I let him have his way.

I want to make my man happy..... I really do contrary to how I may sound but damn..... I am so stressed out. I gotta not only look beautiful, lay it down in the bedroom, keep the house clean, cook ALL this with a FREAK'in smile on my face.

Where do you ladies find that inner strength to put a smile on even when your SO is frusterating?

Well...:lol: So, these days I'm all about compromising. You're right, do you don't need to do the lace all the time. But there are cute cotton babydolls that you can wear with socks. Also, VS has this cute 3-piece set that comes w/ sleeping pants, a cami, and a cardigan. It is so adoreable while still feeling like a pajama set.

As for the pimple cream, maybe you can find something that dries clear?
As for the scarf, maybe you can just wrap the hairline area? I'm actually working on this myself. I used to sleep in rollers, but I'm trying to find a cute happy medium.

I hate when my man goes around the house looking busted for too long. Maybe you can buy the tinted pimple cream so it doesn't look as bad. Also, why not clean house and make dinner in the nude (that is if you don't have kids of course). My SO seems to love this. Just turn the heat up. The only way to keep the sexy alive in a relationship is too do certain things for your boo. He needs to do the same.

Evidently this is going around because my DH wants me to wear high heels and have my hair down all day and night. now i don't wear a scarf until after he goes to sleep because that was an issue. i told there is not a black woman in the world that doesn't wear a scarf to bed. so i will purchase a satin pillowcase. then he says he would like me in lingerie all day when i come home. i told him this isn't a Luke video i will not wear thongs and bras walking around the house. we have 2 teenaged daughters. ii guess i can take the socks off since i read that comment but how can i walk around in camisoles and babydoll sets with kids in the house. i think it is ridiculous. Please help or tell me if i am wrong. I work from 8-5 and when i get home i am tired and not for any BS.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Our lives are so hectic. our girls are active in school and with all of the running we have to do i don't feel like it some times. i can only keep up the cater to him maybe 3 days out of the week. i told him when the kids are out i won't even wear clothing but he has to understand that we can't act as if we live alone. He has it easy. he is bald. no maintenance. once he showers and adds cologne he is finished. i have the harder job. i wear the socks to make sure my feet are soft. i am trying to grow long flowing sexy hair. i want my skin to be beautiful.

Cosigning on the getting cold easy...shoot... gas is high as I don't know what right now and my hubby would rather me be bundled up under my granny robe with my socks on than run the heat bill up any higher .....Tell him you're saving sexy for the spring and summer

totally feel what your saying...BUT us ladies have to uphold our end of the deal and keep it 'grown and sexy' all at the same time. we can't be mad at the guys when they leave (God forbid) for that other sexy girl. Can't act like we didn't know, he did give notice as to what he wants.....

Remember there is a time and place for everything...

with all that being said be sexy tonight!

Cosigning on the getting cold easy...shoot... gas is high as I don't know what right now and my hubby would rather me be bundled up under my granny robe with my socks on than run the heat bill up any higher .....Tell him you're saving sexy for the spring and summer

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

To the OP, is it all just about 'looking' sexy, or 'being' more sexy? The two are not necessarily the same. I can be sexy in my granny robe and socks. All it takes is for me to say "Come 'ere, baby, lemme tell ya about later on" in my sexiest voice. Yes, we have kids in the house. And yes, it is as cold as a witch's tit! And I ain't so sexy laid up in bed sick, LOL!

i feel u on this---everyone is busy--the world is busy everyone works and has a zillion things to do

to me he is not asking for much as long as he brings the sexy back as well

who wants to go to bed with a women who has a scarf on every night---how can someone be attracted to that--i mean bun the hairup and buy a satin pillow case problem solved---who wants to see their woman in sweats or mu-mus all the time--how can someone be attracted to that--
im not saying obey his every command and etc etc but throw on a fitted cute sweat outfit--in a pretty color--pr a affordable VS cute outfit--its not much to ask--
as a woman i expect my boo to keep it as sexy as i am===now we cant be sexy 24/7--but damn can we get va-voom it up once a week--maybe even twice
sometimes i wonder about if we put ourselves in the other persons shoes---

if i was a man i wouldnt want to see my boo in a scarf every night--just not a turn on--if i was a man i wouldnt want my lady to look frumpy or etc all the time when we r in the house---come on now--
life is about compromise--and one compromises or meets half way when they r in any type of relationship

totally feel what your saying...BUT us ladies have to uphold our end of the deal and keep it 'grown and sexy' all at the same time. we can't be mad at the guys when they leave (God forbid) for that other sexy girl. Can't act like we didn't know, he did give notice as to what he wants.....

Remember there is a time and place for everything...

with all that being said be sexy tonight!

Last edited:

I think it depends on how he said it. Did he say it in a degrading way? As long as he didn't say it in a way to make you feel ugly or inadequate, I don't think he meant any harm, and I would probably take it as constructive criticism. It's important to keep some sex appeal...cutesy lingerie or not sitting around all day with your hair tied up should help. Sex appeal and attraction is always important...you don't have to be like that all the time, but keeping it up shows you care and keeps interest. I hope he's doing the same as well!

Im having to laugh at myself bc it doesnt take much to please hubby as long as I look put together (he will think I look hot in just some nicely fitted clothing and my hair/makeup done nicely)...yet I repeatedly wear this pink grandma robe around the house that he hates. Im attached to it and its so comfy...but Im going to bite the bullet and throw it away lol. Im going to get a sexier robe and some loungewear for around the house.

Id like to find some of those tank tops with the shelf-bra and some little lounge shorts or hiphugging lounge pants and wear flipflops...cute and comfy. I also like satin PJs.

Are you ladies completely comfortable at home? I mean, if you cant walk around with your face mask on if you need to or wear your favorite sweats, and are expected to be on point 24-7 how can you really and truly be comfortable.

Are you ladies completely comfortable at home? I mean, if you cant walk around with your face mask on if you need to or wear your favorite sweats, and are expected to be on point 24-7 how can you really and truly be comfortable.

I dont think its about always having to be on point, but I feel good when I look good, whether Im at home or not. Sure there are days when I have no desire to dress up at work or home because Im sick or just plain tired. But I dont make a habit of being or looking "blah" just because Im at home. Why should I make an effort to be "that girl" in the streets, but not at home?

I think part of the problem is that when we first meet a man, we're the baddest chick...sexy lingerie, freshly waxed, heels...the whole nine, because we KNOW its attractive to him. But when we've been in the relationship for a while, we break out the granny pannies and dora the explorer socks, and expect him to be thrilled. It usually doesnt work that way. If I did certain things to get him, I need to keep doing those same things to keep him (happy).

I dont think its about always having to be on point, but I feel good when I look good, whether Im at home or not. Sure there are days when I have no desire to dress up at work or home because Im sick or just plain tired. But I dont make a habit of being or looking "blah" just because Im at home. Why should I make an effort to be "that girl" in the streets, but not at home?

I think part of the problem is that when we first meet a man, we're the baddest chick...sexy lingerie, freshly waxed, heels...the whole nine, because we KNOW its attractive to him. But when we've been in the relationship for a while, we break out the granny pannies and dora the explorer socks, and expect him to be thrilled. It usually doesnt work that way. If I did certain things to get him, I need to keep doing those same things to keep him (happy).

Umm ....you have Dora the Exlorer socks? :lachen:

OP right now I have on sweat pants and t-shirt, conditioner and a plastic cap on my head and a green mask on my face. Every once and a while you have to be like that. But tomorrow night I will put on my cute lingerie. I think that as long as you aren't looking unsexy on a regular basis it's ok. Buying some cute things to wear around the house can only help. You have the perfect excuse to do some shopping.

I hate when my man goes around the house looking busted for too long. Maybe you can buy the tinted pimple cream so it doesn't look as bad. Also, why not clean house and make dinner in the nude (that is if you don't have kids of course). My SO seems to love this. Just turn the heat up. The only way to keep the sexy alive in a relationship is too do certain things for your boo. He needs to do the same.

:lachen: That's a great idea!
Although, it can't be done every day :perplexed

I will definitely agree that you need to compromise in this situation. :yep: I know it’s very cliché and I’m sure you’ve heard it before, but there are MILLIONS of other women out there who would be HAPPY to dress sexy for your man around the house (maybe even YOUR house:blush:). I don’t think it’s too much to ask. I also don’t think that him making that request necessarily means that he is cheating on you, though. He could be just watching too many movies or videos and getting ideas in his head of what he wants you to look like when he gets home. But don’t we all have those types of ideas in our heads? Everyone has a right to get what they ask for within reason.

For me this all goes back to my ideas of "modern" women and how different we are from women “back in the day.” It seems like a lot of women have lost that idea that they should be physically pleasing to their husbands at all times. We can often become so wrapped up in ourselves and become selfish, not caring about what our hubbys think about us. That is something that my mother has tried to instill in me, and at first I was annoyed by it, but now I really appreciate it. My SO does as well.

With that being said, I’ve actually found some cute pajamas at target and wal-mart! I have also decided to amp up my underwear collection. My SO really appreciates this and actually BRAGS to his friends about it!:grin: Most men really aren’t as hard to please as you think. But I don’t compromise on the head scarf. :nono: He hasn’t complained about that, though. I guess if you keep it looking good from the neck down he shouldn’t have to complain about a scarf.

this thread is FUNNY :grin:.. I'm glad I don't have this problem :grin:.

My man seemingly doesn't give a damm, I can be scarfed up wearing the most unflattering clothes... looking straight up BUSTED and he still begging for some :look:..My man must be crazy :spinning:!!

My friends critque me on not being sexy/ romantic enough... reading some of these responses is making me think maybe I should spice things up a bit :ohwell:

Back