THE WOMAN BEYOND THE HAIR!

Just WOWW!!!!

that was an extreme testimony!! Thanks for sharing Iris!! God Bless you sis!!

(((((Hugs)))))

:Rose:

You know Iris I really appreciate you sharing your story. I am one of those people who look at women that have "good" grade of hair, be it of mixed w/ white, indian, asian, hispanic/black and envy the grade and a lot of times the length. However as for the grade of hair of mixed heritage I can see someone w/ short hair and still feel they have no hair issues, even if it is short because it is "good" hair.

See when I was coming up all my childhood I was either called ballheaded, boy, or nappy headed. My hair was not long, but I had enough to create movement...lol, but I tell you what we as black people can be hard on eachother. Not sure what other races go through, but I remember being ridiculed DAILY because of my hair, my lips, and wondered if one day I would be over this. And I am. It took a long time to come into acceptance, because it was the "unwanted" look among those I knew.

I made and make it a point to constantly keep up w/ my kids hair and make sure they don't have to go through that. I have 3 girls, ages 16, 14, and 11, and my son 12 also has quite a bit of hair....I wash their hair every week, sometimes twice. I find relaxation in doing their hair. Now the only downside of that is, they act like they can't do their own when I am tired, but thats another issue..their lazy...lol.

We also live in a predominantly white neighborhood, so a lot of the ridicule I went thru, my kids really don't face. Don't get me wrong there is drama in the predominantly white school, like evident racism, but it usually is kept to a silence. I just wished the BLACK people that allow their children to talk about people would teach their kids its wrong and teach them to love and respect eachother. I don't care to hear kids will be kids, because its still damaging. My husband and I make it a point to train our children to not talk about anyone, no matter color, size, gender, etc. We don't tolerate it at all.

Your X reminds me of my husband, he too looked past my hair issues, which I still have, but getting better.

Thanks for sharing that....

Irresistible, I had no clue about your past struggles with your hair! You've always been inspiration for me, and even more so now! You've got me tearing up over here. :flowers:

what a wonderful story thanx for sharing!!
its very inspirational and just what i needed today!

Last edited:
A Hair Story! I wrote this in 2005! Just sharing!

Iris wow what an inspirational story. I had no idea! You have beautiful hair and I'm so glad to see it can be achieved with time and patience.

Tigget75, here's a hug for you :grouphug3:

Kudos to you for showing your kids how to love and respect others.

Oh Iris,

I knew that there was something special about you:fairy:. Thank you for sharing such a heartfelt tesimony with us.The power of God is real. It's no wonder you are so adamant about helping others and giving advice (which I truly appreciate).

You have always been an inspiration to me.:bighug::urock::thankyou:.

Iris Your hair is amazing and so are you.

Tigget75 - I'm not sure if you use the term "good" hair around your kids?:nono:

Iris, I had no idea you had been through all that. You're a strong woman and definitely an inspiration.

This post should remind us that there are real human beings behind these computer screens, with real feelings.

God bless you my friend.

Isn't that the truth. It is easy to forget that people have lives, ups, downs and everything in between when you are on boards!

I really appreciate you for posting this. You have provided me with some serious food for thought.

WOW!!!! Thank you for sharing your story, I think that it was important. You're a strong woman and God has blessed you! :rosebud:

Just to let you know that I really admire you...and your story really touched me. On top of that, your writing skills are excellent, have you ever thought about that??? Iris, the writer:grin: ...

Take care

WOW! :shocked:

What an inspiration!

Neith! thank you girl!

Whith and through GOD all thing are POSSIBLE....THANK YOU ..
:amen: Thank you!!!

I remember when you wrote that Iris, just as beautiful as it was 3 years ago, very touching. Thanks for sharing it again.
:Rose: aww Hopeful I remember how much it meant to you then too sweetie! u r a true treasure! :hug3:

Hehe Sui, Thank you :sneakyhug:

Thank you for this. As someone who is dealing with extreme shedding from illness, this makes me feel a lot better.
oh wow I'm so that this could be an encouragment to you sweetie! I know its hard :Rose:

Thanks for reposting for us newbies.............very inspirational and it puts things into perspective
your so very welcome! :bighug:
I've read this in your fotki and I'm glad to see it's positive responses here.

It's always important to remember real people lay behind the avatar. :yep:

Thank you for this touching and daring reminder. :yep:

Hair is the least important aspect of any of our lives.

Though it's FUN AS ALL GET OUT to obsess over it! :lachen::lachen::lachen:
wow my lil lamb I didnt know you saw it there, I dont know what made me post it here now, but I'm so glad I did. I didnt expect this response at all. your right girl we still obsess! :lol:

OMG, Iris. You are truly an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your testimony. May God continue to bless you!
Platinum aww I love ya girl and thank you may God continue in richly blessing you too sweetie :Rose:

Hi Iris,

That was a very deep and inspirational story. Thank-you for sharing. IT's true, we all have our issues, sometimes it's not visible to they eye, however they exist and they are real.

Thanks for sharing.

aww sweetgal , ur sweet! Thank you and you are so welcome :hug3:

Just to let you know that I really admire you...and your story really touched me. On top of that, your writing skills are excellent, have you ever thought about that??? Iris, the writer:grin: ...

Take care
aww I'm glad to hear it touched you MAMATO! :yep: I never thought of myself as being much of a writer-only when I need to get things out and off my chest :lol: Thank you so much!

WOW!!!! Thank you for sharing your story, I think that it was important. You're a strong woman and God has blessed you! :rosebud:
Energist :sneakyhug: yes he has indeed blessed me, WOW. I needed to be reminded of this too! :Rose:

I really appreciate you for posting this. You have provided me with some serious food for thought.
oh thats so cool to know nicki! :hug3:

What an awesome testimony.
Thank you sweetie!

what an inspirational story, even without the hair part. amazing what you've been thru Iris :grouphug: :love2: :hug3:
wow I'm so in awe at these responses! I'm so glad it was inspirational to so many of you! love ya sweetie :Rose:

Isn't that the truth. It is easy to forget that people have lives, ups, downs and everything in between when you are on boards!

Gracie yes! It seems to happen too easy! lots of love! :Rose: :hug3:

Thank you so much Diamond! :hug3:

Just WOWW!!!!

that was an extreme testimony!! Thanks for sharing Iris!! God Bless you sis!!

(((((Hugs)))))

:Rose:
aww thank you Apples :sneakyhug: :Rose: This means so much to me all of you!

Thank you for that Iris, you have very beautiful hair!
aww Thank you Valerie! :hug3:

You know Iris I really appreciate you sharing your story. I am one of those people who look at women that have "good" grade of hair, be it of mixed w/ white, indian, asian, hispanic/black and envy the grade and a lot of times the length. However as for the grade of hair of mixed heritage I can see someone w/ short hair and still feel they have no hair issues, even if it is short because it is "good" hair.

See when I was coming up all my childhood I was either called ballheaded, boy, or nappy headed. My hair was not long, but I had enough to create movement...lol, but I tell you what we as black people can be hard on eachother. Not sure what other races go through, but I remember being ridiculed DAILY because of my hair, my lips, and wondered if one day I would be over this. And I am. It took a long time to come into acceptance, because it was the "unwanted" look among those I knew.

I made and make it a point to constantly keep up w/ my kids hair and make sure they don't have to go through that. I have 3 girls, ages 16, 14, and 11, and my son 12 also has quite a bit of hair....I wash their hair every week, sometimes twice. I find relaxation in doing their hair. Now the only downside of that is, they act like they can't do their own when I am tired, but thats another issue..their lazy...lol.

We also live in a predominantly white neighborhood, so a lot of the ridicule I went thru, my kids really don't face. Don't get me wrong there is drama in the predominantly white school, like evident racism, but it usually is kept to a silence. I just wished the BLACK people that allow their children to talk about people would teach their kids its wrong and teach them to love and respect eachother. I don't care to hear kids will be kids, because its still damaging. My husband and I make it a point to train our children to not talk about anyone, no matter color, size, gender, etc. We don't tolerate it at all.

Your X reminds me of my husband, he too looked past my hair issues, which I still have, but getting better.

Thanks for sharing that....
Tigget The hair division is very ugly and I'm sorry you went through that, its good that you are taking that time with your babies' hair. I did the same with my daughter , she wasnt on her own doing it till she was 16 I wanted to make sure she could really take care of it right, and I had to spear off all the girls in school telling her she should relax, it only worked for a little while because eventually she did it! You are doing so much good by teaching not to so those 'hurtful' things and say such hurtful things you are planting good seeds into who they will be! keep it up sweetie :hug3: :Rose:

Irresistible, I had no clue about your past struggles with your hair! You've always been inspiration for me, and even more so now! You've got me tearing up over here. :flowers:
aww Enchantmt I know I been tearing up at this! these responses wow! :sneakyhug: i love ya girl! Glad I shared it now and glad it inspired you sweetie! that means so much to me!

what a wonderful story thanx for sharing!!
its very inspirational and just what i needed today!

ohhh thats so good to know Slimzz! :sneakyhug:

this is really touching
and i love your hair
im glad god healed you
Thank you sweetie :bighug:

thank you for being transparent- its not easy to put your personal pain on display.
your right, so right! It wasnt easy at all, but it was worth it! :Rose:

Iris wow what an inspirational story. I had no idea! You have beautiful hair and I'm so glad to see it can be achieved with time and patience.

Tigget75, here's a hug for you :grouphug3:

Kudos to you for showing your kids how to love and respect others.
BostonMaria, I'm so touched by what this meant to you (and others) yes it truly can be acheived.yes it can sweetie, yes it can! :clap: lots of love :sneakyhug: , thank you so much :

I enjoyed reading that.

Everyone has feelings, trials, tribulations, and eventually victories!
ShiShiPoo yes they do! thank God for the Victory! :amen:
Oh Iris,

I knew that there was something special about you:fairy:. Thank you for sharing such a heartfelt tesimony with us.The power of God is real. It's no wonder you are so adamant about helping others and giving advice (which I truly appreciate).

You have always been an inspiration to me.:bighug::urock::thankyou:.

aww thank you Angeldoll! His power is so real! and yes this is in part why I push the envelope to help! yes indeedy! lova ya girl! :bighug:

Last edited:
Thank you so much for sharing your testimony Isis!

aww your welcome LaReyna! :bighug:

and thank you to all of you for reading my story and commenting. I am so touched at how it has touched you all , ladies! :Rose:

*tears* lots of love to you all!

I hope I got every body in the mutli quotes and didnt miss anyone :grouphug:

No I don't use that term around my kids, as a matter of fact I don't reference hair in any manner of good or bad to them. Only natural and chemically processed.

I was saying that was my thought on it, due to what I experienced.

No I don't use that term around my kids, as a matter of fact I don't reference hair in any manner of good or bad to them. Only natural and chemically processed.

I was saying that was my thought on it, due to what I experienced.

I didnt get that you were saying that you said that to your kids at all! I understood what you were saying! I'm happy to hear of the job your doing with your children to not perpetuate such hate, ignorance and hair division! :sneakyhug:

wow Iris, your story is touching and inspirational. My setbacks pale in comparison. I do need to stop judging people based on their hair.

WOW IRIS!! You are really brave, and I respect you! I would never have imagined you had been through all of this and I thank God for pulling you through. Like some of the other ladies have already said I didn't really pay your long hair much attention because it seems like some people don't have to work as hard to get their hair to grow. Well, you really opened my eyes. Thanx

wow Iris, your story is touching and inspirational. My setbacks pale in comparison. I do need to stop judging people based on their hair.

Girl its ok I had my wake up call too, when half my hair was lost and it was all thinned sitting next to a chemo patient in a hematologists office because they didnt know why all my blood counts were off, I walked out of there, thankful for half my hair still on my head :yep:

you never know the person beyond the hair, its so lacking in the whole truth of a person, to just form conclusions about them just based on that! we all need to stop all that! its so silly!

WOW IRIS!! You are really brave, and I respect you! I would never have imagined you had been through all of this and I thank God for pulling you through. Like some of the other ladies have already said I didn't really pay your long hair much attention because it seems like some people don't have to work as hard to get their hair to grow. Well, you really opened my eyes. Thanx

yeah girl I been through alot of hearbreak and set backs, and this story was just a part of that! I thank God so much too! and I honestly believe after that he blessed me with hair that grew even longer and thicker than it was before I got sick, cause he is awesome like that-he made it up to me in a big way :yep:

I'm so glad your eyes are open! :bighug:

Back