THE WOMAN BEYOND THE HAIR!

I am so touched by your story. Thanks for opening up and sharing this with us. Your story has made me more conscious of what might run through my mind when I see a woman with beautiful hair.

Very inspirational, Irrisistible. I am glad you made it through the tough times.

oh wow I figured out the multi quote! hehe

Thank you ladies! Glad it toucned and inspired you both! :Rose:

it means alot to me!

Wow, i'm glad you decided to share. It's easy to assume things about people based on the way that they look, but you have given me a completely different paradigm. Very inspirational indeed!!

Wow. Thank you for sharing such a personal story. It was truly inspiring, and makes me realize that a lot of things we worry about are quite insignificant in comparison to other things. I'm glad you're healthy now and here to give us help and advice!

What a beautiful post. And very inspiring.....thank you so much for sharing your story.:yep:
And about your man......does he have a brother?
I kid, I kid.:look::lachen:

*sniff *sniff, thank you for sharing that was a beautiful story. To be honest I would look at someone with hair like yours and think you have/had it easy. Sorry. This coming from someone with thin, brittle (when relaxed) hair. When I read the part about Alopecia *sniff *sniff again. I remember about 10years ago, went to the Dr. asking about my hairline, he said something about alopecia and sent me on my way. I quickly got to ask is there anything I can do? he said try to wear styles that will cover it up goodbye. And there began my anxiety for wind -yes WIND -that could blow the little pieces of hair that I'd have covering the hairline. There I had to say good bye to any updo's.. it's also then, I said goodbye to much of my confidence. But this is your story not mine, so just letting you know I can relate, and believing that I was led here by God, I share with you as well.

What a beautiful post. And very inspiring.....thank you so much for sharing your story.:yep:
And about your man......does he have a brother?
I kid, I kid.:look::lachen:

:lol: girl! Thank you so much

Wow. Thank you for sharing such a personal story. It was truly inspiring, and makes me realize that a lot of things we worry about are quite insignificant in comparison to other things. I'm glad you're healthy now and here to give us help and advice!

You took a strong msg away from my story :yep: Thank you girl!

Excellent very introspective piece.

Best,
Almond Eyes
Thank you!

Glad it touched you all for the reasons it did!

Thank you to all of you that have read this and commented, it means alot! It really does! :Rose: :hug3:

Last edited:
*sniff *sniff, thank you for sharing that was a beautiful story. To be honest I would look at someone with hair like yours and think you have/had it easy. Sorry. This coming from someone with thin, brittle (when relaxed) hair. When I read the part about Alopecia *sniff *sniff again. I remember about 10years ago, went to the Dr. asking about my hairline, he said something about alopecia and sent me on my way. I quickly got to ask is there anything I can do? he said try to wear styles that will cover it up goodbye. And there began my anxiety for wind -yes WIND -that could blow the little pieces of hair that I'd have covering the hairline. There I had to say good bye to any updo's.. it's also then, I said goodbye to much of my confidence. But this is your story not mine, so just letting you know I can relate, and believing that I was led here by God, I share with you as well.
aww its your story too. Because like you said you were lead here, so its for you to share too! where your story ended right here and you said its mine, well now its yours too, God can bring you through sweetie! Plus there are such bigger pictures to always see, once we open our hearts and eyes! lots of love! PM me please , anytime! :hug3:

Fantastic post, Iris!!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

It's so awesome of you to open yourself up and share your story. I don't normally go around quoting cliches, but this is a literal example of how you "can't judge a book by its cover". I never would have thought that you EVER had any major hair troubles by looking at that glorious mane of yours. The fact that you have overcome such hair trauma makes your hair even MORE beautiful to me!

Fantastic post, Iris!!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

It's so awesome of you to open yourself up and share your story. I don't normally go around quoting cliches, but this is a literal example of how you "can't judge a book by its cover". I never would have thought that you EVER had any major hair troubles by looking at that glorious mane of yours. The fact that you have overcome such hair trauma makes your hair even MORE beautiful to me!

awww thank you sweetie! yeah it was Major trauma girl!

and that cliche is just so true in so many instances

Thank you for keeping us focused on the important things in life Iris. You definitely have a light about you, I can feel your positive energy jump through the computer when you post :yep:

Iris,

Thank you for being so transparent. What an awesome testimony. You are truly a beautiful woman!!!:grin:

oh wow that really means alot! Thank you so much!!

wow ladies! I didnt expect such a response! how beautiful you all are! :Rose:

Last edited:
Hi Iris,

That was a very deep and inspirational story. Thank-you for sharing. IT's true, we all have our issues, sometimes it's not visible to the eye, however they exist and they are real.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
OMG, Iris. You are truly an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your testimony. May God continue to bless you!

I've read this in your fotki and I'm glad to see it's positive responses here.

It's always important to remember real people lay behind the avatar. :yep:

Thank you for this touching and daring reminder. :yep:

Hair is the least important aspect of any of our lives.

Though it's FUN AS ALL GET OUT to obsess over it! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Thank you for this. As someone who is dealing with extreme shedding from illness, this makes me feel a lot better.

I remember when you wrote that Iris, just as beautiful as it was 3 years ago, very touching. Thanks for sharing it again.

Back