The Truth + Proof Indian regimes MADE MY HAIR GROW in 3 weeks!

time consuming??

PSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

it takes me 5 mins to mix the powders

10 mins to scritch my head (i use ready made shikakai oil for now)

and then i'm offfffff in the shower

altogether, around 45 mins

you lot must be there with ya goggles n overcoats

really, cut time down, it shouldnt take anymore than an hour to have your jim jams on with ya hair airdrying...:nono:

Okay! Go through the process ONE MORE time, step-by-step, to make sure we GOT IT RIGHT!

Us slow "short bus riding" learners :lol:

Since the amount of water and powder depends on the length/thickness of the hair, looking at your hair, I say get the biggest one OUT there!

Hell! Get two or three of 'em just so you don't have to keep replenishing the one! :lol: :grin:

Awww, shucks! :kiss::kiss:

Just tryin' to be like you, Blosss!! :worship2:

lol....

nightbefore:

coat hair with amla oil (ready made/Dabur)

Day of treats:
teaspoon of shikakai powder

2 teaspoons of amla

(1:2) ratio...no matter how much u make

mix in a bowl with some hot and cold water

stirrrrrrrrrr - 3minutes

now, while thats chillin, rub some readymade shikakai oil into your scalp

for 10/15mins...

comb ya hair out nicely...

now take off your garments, and step into the shower lol, rinse all that oil out for 10 mins with very warm water - scrub scalp some mo...

now pour that mixture of powders and water over your head, whilst in the shower - after about 1 mins rinse it all out for 10 - 20mins, depending on the ratio of powders

now use a good conditioner and run it through your hair - wash it out straight away - then repeat, this time put a cap on your head for 5-10mins

rinse out with super cool-cold water

pat with towel, add a leave in, and some avocado butter (or whatever u like)

airdry

celebrate when you get marvellous results (10mins)

total time: approx: 50-78mins - 1hr 20mins MAX!

Last edited:
lol....

nightbefore:

Day of treats:

2 teaspoons of amla

stirrrrrrrrrr - 3minutes

for 10/15mins...

now take off your garments, and step into the shower lol, rinse all that oil out for 10 mins with very warm water - scrub scalp some mo...

now pour that mixture of powders and water over your head, whilst in the shower - after about 1 mins rinse it all out for 10 - 20mins, depending on the ratio of powders

now use a good conditioner and run it through your hair - wash it out straight away - then repeat, this time put a cap on your head for 5-10mins

airdry

Girl, you *DID* break that down, didn't ya?!!??!!

Thanks, sweetie! :kiss::kiss:

I'm doing it tonight and will report back tomorrow! ;)

lol....

nightbefore:

Day of treats:

2 teaspoons of amla

stirrrrrrrrrr - 3minutes

for 10/15mins...

airdry

heeeeeeey...you forgot to add the coconut oil:grin:
thanks again for the total break down though. when i did it last week it didnt take long at all. it was very simple and effective. i would just like to find the shikakai oil. i dont really want to make it myself. i had some shikakai powder just sitting around and brahmi powder. i did mix a teaspoon in my mixture too.

Candy, when you say repeat do you mean repeat with the conditioner wash or repeat with the powders and conditioner?

Where does the coconut oil fit in?? Or is the coconut oil a substitute for the amla oil? Sorry, I'm one of the slow people.

Where does the coconut oil fit in?? Or is the coconut oil a substitute for the amla oil? Sorry, I'm one of the slow people.

on another page candy mentioned putting a tablespoon of coconut oil in the amla/shikakai powder/water mixture.

now u made me run out and spen 20 dollars. i will update u guys on my progress on jan. 26th---one month from the day i plan to use (would use it sooner,but got my hair relaxed yesterday....gained 2 inches :).

now u made me run out and spen 20 dollars. i will update u guys on my progress on jan. 26th---one month from the day i plan to use (would use it sooner,but got my hair relaxed yesterday....gained 2 inches :).

OT:...fotki updated:poke: plizzz:grin:.....

Okay, I might try Dabur Vatika Oil but it's like $20 bucks I would be spending, shopping from Amazon.com. I could go up to Devon Ave in Chicago but that's on the North Side and I'm on the South Side and it's just too damn cold and I don't have a car man.

So I'm asking, is this stuff really worth the $20 I will be spending for the two bottles and the $9.99 shipping charge?

Okay, I might try Dabur Vatika Oil but it's like $20 bucks I would be spending, shopping from Amazon.com. I could go up to Devon Ave in Chicago but that's on the North Side and I'm on the South Side and it's just too damn cold and I don't have a car man.

So I'm asking, is this stuff really worth the $20 I will be spending for the two bottles and the $9.99 shipping charge?

$20, that's expensive

Where, are you located? Do you have any local Indian stores?

I paid $2.49 at my local Indian store.

Is the shik/alma /water mixture suppose to be a paste or tonic consistency? How much hot water is suppose to be added to the mixture? Thanks.

Is the shik/alma /water mixture suppose to be a paste or tonic consistency? How much hot water is suppose to be added to the mixture? Thanks.

I wouldn't make it too watery if i was making the paste.

Now for the tonic- i put 4-6 tablespoons of herb to 6 cups of water. I use my coffee pot for this. put it in a 32 oz plastic btl. let it cool overnite and use it in the morning. It is good for 4 days only. HTH

$20, that's expensive

Where, are you located? Do you have any local Indian stores?

I paid $2.49 at my local Indian store.

You so totally did not read my post :nono: In the post, I clearly state:

I could go up to Devon Ave in Chicago but that's on the North Side and I'm on the South Side and it's just too damn cold and I don't have car man.

So yes, I could go to the Indian store if I had a car. I'm not getting on the bus and trains to go that far for some oils.

I'll see if this local Herbal store I live by has some.

You so totally did not read my post :nono: In the post, I clearly state:

So yes, I could go to the Indian store if I had a car. I'm not getting on the bus and trains to go that far for some oils.

I'll see if this local Herbal store I live by has some.

$20 is too expensive for Vatika IMO. You might as well order all the ingredients in it and make it yourself :look:. If you can't find it locally, try http://www.eastwestbazaar.com/ or another site selling Indian products.

Back