The Queen's Code By Alison Armstrong Bookclub

I just finished the book. I'm sad its over! I feel like it ended abruptly or perhaps I just wanted more...

There's ALOT I have to say, but I'll save for the book club.

One thing I will say is that it literally opened my heart to men...like I want to give them all a hug now and build them up..lol..wow..this was a really awesome book. I'm actually surprised with how it's making me feel right now.

adding in..I'm a bit confused. Are we waiting to write in the goodreads thread?

(I'm going to reread the book...and download KTTK)

Last edited:
Here's my suggestion to get the bookclub going. We have abut 25 members on the goodreads site but not everyone is participating in the discussions on there. So let's say that we set the number for the bookclub only threads on goodreads to a limit of 25 for this round and please indicate by October 8th if you want to participate in this round. The first 25 to respond with interest to the book club discussion portion of goodreads would be in this cycle. These are the people that would receive the reading schedule and the conference call information.

This way everyone is on the same page at the same time for the calls and the calls could be discussing the assignments given in the book as a group or asking questions that need to go back to the real course Alison is leading.

Of course @caribeandiva would have to agree to whatever we all decide as she started the group on goodreads.

Here's my suggestion to get the bookclub going. We have abut 25 members on the goodreads site but not everyone is participating in the discussions on there. So let's say that we set the number for the bookclub only threads on goodreads to a limit of 25 for this round and please indicate by October 8th if you want to participate in this round. The first 25 to respond with interest to the book club discussion portion of goodreads would be in this cycle. These are the people that would receive the reading schedule and the conference call information.

This way everyone is on the same page at the same time for the calls and the calls could be discussing the assignments given in the book as a group or asking questions that need to go back to the real course Alison is leading.

Of course @caribeandiva would have to agree to whatever we all decide as she started the group on goodreads.
@Kimbosheart I'm good either way. Go for it! I'm adding you as a moderator so you can be in charge of the live discussions.

Tell me what's in the book I want to read your opinions ladies. Come on!!!! come on!!! I'm eeeeagerly waiting.
@Duchesse's comment got me salivating!

Reactions: JFK
Tell me what's in the book I want to read your opinions ladies. Come on!!!! come on!!! I'm eeeeagerly waiting.
@Duchesse's comment got me salivating!

@Fine 4s I agree with @hopeful the magic is in reading it. But if you want to really see some reviews read through the feminine belles thread. I've been giving reviews of it since July. All of her info is truly game changing.

So far Sundays at 5pm EST seems to be the best time for everyone to have the live discussions.

I didn't see where we discussed times. Did I miss something? That timing doesn't work for me. Sunday afternoons/evenings are peak family time for me. Also not too keen on phone calls either. Hopefully the discussions will continue via the good reads group. I'm sorry I can't participate with you guys via this type of format. My privacy is always very important to me. Voice to voice takes away from our anonymity imo. I'm sure most will enjoy that format though.

I didn't see where we discussed times. Did I miss something? That timing doesn't work for me. Sunday afternoons/evenings are peak family time for me. Also not too keen on phone calls either. Hopefully the discussions will continue via the good reads group. I'm sorry I can't participate with you guys via this type of format. My privacy is always very important to me. Voice to voice takes away from our anonymity imo. I'm sure most will enjoy that format though.
I'm sorry you that won't work for you. Don't worry. I intend to keep the written group going too with my updates. Hopefully, :giggle: you'll keep chiming in like you've been doing. I really love and appreciate your input.

@hopeful I think we may try to record the call or have a transcript of it available. However, I really think the real-time interaction is crucial to a good book discussion. Maybe, I'm over romanticizing that but I've always found the energy in a real time discussion drives connection to the material in a different way.

I've been extremely busy the last few months, but saw this thread a week or so ago and decided I'd get the e-book and read on my vacation this week.
Loving the book so far. Not sure if I'll be able to participate in any of the discussions due to my unpredictable schedule but I plan to check in occasionally.

Also I'm surprised at how much of the book I already use in practice. Very proud of myself for that.

Another thought of mine. I'm trying not to go into a book club discussion on this forum though it's tempting because I'm so excited about it. Even though I practice some of these things now, I could have used this book a decade or so ago so that I wouldn't have to learn some lessons the hard way.
This is definitely something I'll be sharing with my daughters and possibly my son as well when he's older and has matured some more. Everyone's different - I could have used this book at 20/21. My son probably won't be until late 20's.

But seriously once you put the sword down for good your heart is open. That sword keeps everyone out, especially those who are good, and turns them into enemies. At first I felt vulnerable but now I feel safer and stronger, don't want to spend anymore energy on hate. Not that I'm seeking them out though and trying to be besties. Ultimately I think AA's message is about love and making peace.

She has also lightweight changed my feelings about WW :look:.

Good for you!! :yep:

I've never felt hatred towards ww, but I know that quite a few bw do. If this book has helped to heal some of that and has opened your heart to men and even ww lol :giggle:, then by all means I'm happy for you. :yep: :up:

I think like you mentioned, when you TRULY and FULLY put the sword down, get rid of hate/anger/bitterness in your heart, you will find that you open yourself up to (not only) many more men, but also to your fellow women...no matter what race, ethnicity, background they are. You can still recognize mistreatment when you see it, but when you put down the sword you don't allow that mistreatment to define you or who you are, and you in turn feel HAPPIER in life. :yep:

Good for you!! :yep:

I've never felt hatred towards ww, but I know that quite a few bw do. If this book has helped to heal some of that and has opened your heart to men and even ww lol :giggle:, then by all means I'm happy for you. :yep: :up:

I think like you mentioned, when you TRULY and FULLY put the sword down, get rid of hate/anger/bitterness in your heart, you will find that you open yourself up to (not only) many more men, but also to your fellow women...no matter what race, ethnicity, background they are. You can still recognize mistreatment when you see it, but when you put down the sword you don't allow that mistreatment to define you or who you are, and you in turn feel HAPPIER in life. :yep:

Thank you. You stated this better than I did. This is what I was trying to say.

Back