The Queen's Code By Alison Armstrong Bookclub

I finished reading it just now. It was really wonderful. I can never thank you ladies adequately enough for sharing The Queen's Code with all of us. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I pray and hope it has the profound impact on your lives as it has had on mine.

I had to stop reading it because I don't want it to end. :cry3:
You can always do a rereading right away. I read it quickly the first time cuz I loved the story. Now I'm reading it more thoroughly, highlighting throughout, and realizing that there is a lot that I missed the first time around. I can't wait for part 3 of the trilogy though.

You can always do a rereading right away. I read it quickly the first time cuz I loved the story. Now I'm reading it more thoroughly, highlighting throughout, and realizing that there is a lot that I missed the first time around. I can't wait for part 3 of the trilogy though.

You're right. I stopped at ch 6 and started to retread.....then got depressed cause the book is so short. It sounds ridiculous I know.

I just started reading this book yesterday and could hardly put it down, it is so insightful! What is considered part 1 for this book because I would love to read that as well? Thanks in advance!

Is this book helpful to read along with doing the Calling in the One exercises?

I read Calling in the One and found it much more difficult to digest than the Queen's Code. I think doing both at the same time would be difficult and a little overwhelming. The Queen's Code has exercises too.

I read Calling in the One and found it much more difficult to digest than the Queen's Code. I think doing both at the same time would be difficult and a little overwhelming. The Queen's Code has exercises too.

Ohhhh ok! I was wondering this.
CITO is sooo darn intense... I'm finding myself slacking off :-( ... I was telling a friend that CITO brings up issues that I'm mostly aware of but I still feel like I could use more practical type advice/insight. I was wondering if the Queens Code was better suited to this. I read the free excerpt online and it seems as if it reads like a story.

I'm listening to the call now

The first thing she says is that she will be covering the things she alluded to in the book during the call. Those times when Claudia would tell Karen or Kimberlee - "we can discuss that later"

What I like about this course she's describing on the call is that this is exactly the bookclub I envisioned us forming through this board. It's not another thread or another forum on a different site. It's structured, with a schedule and there are live discussions. I think this method will really allow you to dig deep and explore some of the things we are resisting. The actual bookclub doesn't start until Oct 27th, to give everyone time to read it through once and then take it chapter by chapter in sync.

Okay after reading all these posts I'm definitely joining :) I'll buy the book and join good reads sometime this week. Hopefully by Friday.

What I like about this course she's describing on the call is that this is exactly the bookclub I envisioned us forming through this board. It's not another thread or another forum on a different site. It's structured, with a schedule and there are live discussions. I think this method will really allow you to dig deep and explore some of the things we are resisting. The actual bookclub doesn't start until Oct 27th, to give everyone time to read it through once and then take it chapter by chapter in sync.

I think this is a great suggestion. We should pick a date for EVERYONE to start. I understand that that will mean excluding people who start later, but you can't have a book club when everyone is on a different chapter. The club can work in cycles so the "new" people will have a chance to jump in at the beginning of the next cycle. In other words, once the start date is set, you can't sit with us.:lol:

We should also have a live call at the end of every chapter because it's much more organic than typing messages on a board. Again, I understand that not everyone will be available at the same time, but perhaps there can be two calls at different times so that more people can participate.

The site says a recording of the webinar will be available an hour after it ends, so you should be able to listen to it whenever you get home. HTH
Oh thank goodness!! I made the mistake of being on the webinar from my parents' house. My mom was talking to me every few minutes or so. I ended up missing most of what Alison said because I was trying to do 2 things at once!

I think this is a great suggestion. We should pick a date for EVERYONE to start. I understand that that will mean excluding people who start later, but you can't have a book club when everyone is on a different chapter. The club can work in cycles so the "new" people will have a chance to jump in at the beginning of the next cycle. In other words, once the start date is set, you can't sit with us.:lol:

We should also have a live call at the end of every chapter because it's much more organic than typing messages on a board. Again, I understand that not everyone will be available at the same time, but perhaps there can be two calls at different times so that more people can participate.
I'm in. Who wants to be in charge of setting up the live call in system and times? I think it's a great idea!

Ok, if we are going to take another shot at setting up a bookclub let's slow down this time and think through a few things. This book is good and it deserves a thorough reading and examination of the topics in it. I really think we are not doing it justice by having a random thoughts: queen's code

So in that vain, I have a few suggestions and we can keep the goodreads site since most of us are on it. Plus there is some great discussion there going on and I would like to see it continue.

- Do we want to cover a chapter each week or biweekly?

- What day/time works best for calls? - we can pick the top 2

- For the calls, who should reader questions or comments be sent to in the goodreads group (I think you can PM) - That person can arrange the questions into themes to help moderate the discussion

- When is the close-off date to join the bookclub group and should we have a max number of participants?

- Should reading the book once through be a requirement, so that everyone can be on their second read and ready to dig deep (similar to Allison's) ?

I can get us a conference call line so that shouldn't be a problem, I'm not sure about Skype but we have some talented ladies on this board. I don't think it will be a problem to either record the call and have it available to us or to make a transcript to do it. I have one particularly boring meeting at work once a week, so I can volunteer for that.

But before we just dive in, at a minimum I think we should have those questions answered (at least a nice consensus it doesn't have to be absolute agreement). Can anyone think of other things we would need to have in place before we get started?

-For me a chapter each week is ideal. If we did it bi-weekly, then it would take 4 months to get through it.
-Weekends and/or evenings are good for me. Anytime after 7pm cst.
-I don't want to lead any discussions.
-I don't think there should be a max number. Once you're in the club, you should be in it for life and be able to participate in the discussions whenever you see fit. This is one of those books where I'll have to reread and reread over and over again to make sure it becomes a part of who I am and that may take several iterations of going over the book and participating in live discussions. Now we may want to implement a max number of participants for the live calls due to costs and making sure people get the attention they need.
-I'd say reading the book once through should be recommended but not a requirement as we still have profound insights from just reading it once.

Back