The Queen's Code By Alison Armstrong Bookclub

Is there going to be a live discussion day? Like a day when most or all ladies log on to a chat service and have a live discussion? Or just posts?

Ladies please tell me how this book differs from Fascinating Womanhood cos I felt that that one was geared more towards SAHM's.

Ladies please tell me how this book differs from Fascinating Womanhood cos I felt that that one was geared more towards SAHM's.

It's light years better than fascinating womanhood. It's advice on how to deal with alpha guys who can't be manipulated through withholding sex, giving the silent treatment or whatever. The only way to deal with them is to be their partner. And there's a lot of advice on how to have a great career and relationship as a woman.

it frames everything with the question: "what if men aren't misbehaving? What if there's a good reason for everything they do?"

I haven't read Fascinating Womanhood, but I agree with Layluh's summary. This book is amazing. It is a lesson in finding peace and no longer being at war with men especially, but women also. Lots of insights on the masculine and feminine brain too.

I finished the entire book this weekend. :look: :lol: I am going to post some thoughts in the book group but WOW. I was so overwhelmed, I really need to re-read it to grasp everything. I couldnt' stop reading though.

I can say that I applied just a FEW things from the book this weekend.. just the very basic stuff. And we had the BEST weekend we've had in a long time (not that our weekends suck lol). There was so much communication, affection, intimacy, friendship, etc... I did everything super subtly so he didn't realize what was happening. :lol: But he was so into me, into us.. :love: I was gone for maybe 5 hours on Saturday and when I got back home, he grabbed me so close and said he missed me... :huggle: I was only gone 5 hours!! Crazy...

I'll post more in detail on the other site. But I feel so happy that this info was shared with me... truly.

@tapioca_pudding now you see why I was so eager to share this book when I first stumbled upon it in the other thread, and why I suggested the book club? There are so many new ideas and they work. You get instant results.

If you read a bit through the other thread (feminine belles) you'll find some other testimonies on how people have applied her suggestions. Also, you'll see a few of us in here on our second reading of the book. You have to take a moment and let it all digest. Also, some of our worst habits when it comes to men are not so easy to break long term.

Back