~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

NikkiQ i am a little pass shoulder length and i wash in three sections two in the front top and one big one in the back, i used to do four but i didnt see the point because the back to me is a little bit stronger and slightly looser than the front top so i only do three. it usually takes me 30 minutes from start to finish 10 mins per section.

Foxglove when i flat ironed my hair it was ok nothing to write home about but i guess i was more nervous about heat damage than it being silky straight. i wont be flat ironing until the fall. i will try and upload a pic of it today. i had to trim the ends because it was getting tangled at the ends everytime i would pull my hands through it. i also trimmed about 1/4 inch last week now that im in twists.

no more trimming until the middle of the summer. trying to get to APL by November.

BEAUTIFUL Hair Ladies :yep:

Random hair pic:

I finally twisted my hair after over 4 months... my hair's longer but my twists look the same length. This is after a day of sweating (my shrinkage is special).

enjoy your weekend ladies :bighug:

Hey ladies, just wanted to share a money saving tip:
A cheap alternative to expensive curly hair towels. I remembered reading somewhere that a blogger found a huge microfiber towel in the car wash department it had been in the back of my mind but I forgot. Anyhow, today I reread this blog post which jogged my memory and I bought a large microfiber towel at Target for only $11.97.

Also CurlyNikki reviewed the Curls like us curls Cloth and admitted that though they worked well, an old Tshirt would do just as well. I bought a pair of clearance tights for $1, cut them up and have been drying my hair with those and it works great and gives me less frizz than a regular towel.

so I figured something out: a high pony on not so detangled hair is a microscopic fail. but on detangled hair mid level it is decent. didn't even have to use any pins. I love my modified denman for that and detangling in the shower only...which is surprising because I almost tossed it because detangling on damp hair was terrible.

I decided to pick out my fro alittle before I did my cowash. My DH loves my hair when I have my fro out. I've never worn my hair out this big but I KNOW I am getting there. So here goes.

DSCF7196-1.jpg
DSCF7194-1-1.jpg

Yes I have an afro pick in my hair. I sent that one to my mom to show my fro skills. My mama can pick out a mean fro still today like its 1970. :lachen:

Hi ladies. Thought I would share some after the blow out pics. It's a flat twistout set on rollers.

I then decided to step outside my comfort zone and rock a huge fro as my definition began to fade due to the wonderful Houston weather.

I'm very surprised that I got quite a few compliments on my fro because I wasn't too sure about it. Hubby loved it too so that helped:grin:

HHG~~
I love your puff! How did you get it to look so laid and nice??

I think I'm gonna start washing my hair in sections now. I know I know :spank: but up until this point, my natural hair hasn't really been what I would consider "long enough" to section off for my poos and DCs.

What length did you ladies start washing in sections? And please don't beat me for not doing it before now lol
My hair is NL, just short of SL. I started to wash and DC in sections when I got a whole lot more active in LHCF last month. It works out really well, for me. I rinse in sections and then undo each section to wash, rinse, then apply conditioner and braid. I do this section by section.

Good luck with your wash!

Soooo... I had reached my limit with managing two textures, and BC'd on April 1st. I transitioned a little over six months. And here are some pics. I threw in a couple of relaxed pics.

relaxed hair 1.jpg

picture.jpg

BC2.jpeg

BC3.jpeg

And I love it!

Attachments

• BC5.jpeg
    BC5.jpeg
    8.8 KB · Views: 68
Ok so I didn't even realize I hit my 21 months post relaxer mark until this morning. 3 more months until my two year mark (and 24th bday:grin:). I'm definitely still happy about my decision to go natural. I did some light dusting this weekend because my ends felt a little rough (I think it's due to the blow out I did for my job interview). I wanted to get senegalese twist this weekend, but I may wait until July because I'm getting asew-in next month for my grad school graduation.

HHG Ladies!

Hey ladies!! hope all is well. I have 5 more weeks until i get a weave installed. i am 50/50 about the idea. i know when my hair is in a weave it is protected but its going to be the summer and i am dying to wear more styles because the humidity over here will only help my hair. And i usually just leave my installs in for 2 to 3 months at a time. Ugh.

In other news i am still in mini twists. they have shrunken a little due to the rain and sweat. But i like them better this way becasue they have more weight to them because they became more full. I am giong to see how long i can keep them in, i know that when i had them in and i decided to wash them, the following week they started to lock at the roots.

So i guess the real question is, how long can i go without washing? lol

Ok im done rambling.

I love your puff! How did you get it to look so laid and nice??

Hi and thanks. This was third day hair after some reversion. At night I tried to retwist it and it came out fluffy like this. So it really wasn't intentional but it ended up being kinda funky.:lol:

Ladies...I need help

I attempted to do flat twists once again and it was an epic failure yet again. I can't twist or braid my hair to save my soul. I'm feeling totally discouraged right now. Every YT channel featuring someone with a similar texture to mine either has hair MUCH longer than mine or are more style savvy than I am. Did anyone else feel this way earlier on in the journey? What styles were you able to do that didn't look a HAM afterwards?

Discovered two things today.

1. I can make a pony puff outta my stretched hair :yay::yay::yay::dance7::dance7:
picture.php

2. I have a very odd-shaped head...my styles look flat cuz I have no hook. I have a flat head. I want a hook...:ohwell::look:

I tried the curly primer method and then did a twistout. I really liked the results for a change so I think I'll do this whenever I plan on doing a twistout.

IMAG00902-vi.jpg

IMAG0091-vi.jpg

IMAG0093-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Ladies - Did a wash-n-go yesterday evening with the EcoStyler Argan Oil Gel that I recently picked up. I used it and tried the shingling method. My curls were really well defined and when I woke up this morning, my bedhead :lachen: wasn't as bad. Definitely adding this to the product rotation.:yep:

Ladies...I need help

I attempted to do flat twists once again and it was an epic failure yet again. I can't twist or braid my hair to save my soul. I'm feeling totally discouraged right now. Every YT channel featuring someone with a similar texture to mine either has hair MUCH longer than mine or are more style savvy than I am. Did anyone else feel this way earlier on in the journey? What styles were you able to do that didn't look a HAM afterwards?

NikkiQ, it took me about a year to figure it out, through lots of wasted $$$.
I like braid out on dry hair or i diffuse it after a wash. Practice!

I tried the curly primer method and then

did a twistout. I really liked the results for a change so I think I'll do this
whenever I plan on doing a twistout.

IMAG00902-vi.jpg

IMAG0091vi.jpg

IMAG0093-vi.jpg

Glad you found something quick that works!

@StephElise when did you bc? We bc'd the same day last year but I forgot. I had the ticker in my old phone. :lol: I know it's this month though! Because I wanna straighten at my 1 year mark.

Lately I have been making my bun in the shower on wet hair and then sitting under my dryer for 20 minutes to get some of the water out. I've just been leaving conditioner in, and at night I apply my oil mix and baggy. I'm straightening my hair in about 6 weeks so I'm hoping this will help me retain 3/4 of an inch before then.

I'll be 30 months post relaxer in 4 days!!!!

:curtain:

Checking in...:look: I'm still in braids for a while. My 1 year nappiversary is at the end of the month!:afro: I can't believe it's almost been a year since I BC'd.

Keep up the good work, Everyone!

Back