~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

pookaloo83 No, I've never henna'd, and I only vaguely remember doing a dark cherry rinse like last summer but I thought it was all washed out! Red rinses always seemed to dye my hair for long periods of time--even when i was relaxed.

Thank you ladies! @Cheekychica and @hairsothick

It really is thick and I hope to be able to control it as it gets longer! @hairsothick How do you wash? In sections? The part I dread is after washing and detangling in sections, the thickness takes over as it dries!!

For shampooing, I make 4 to six puffs like this:

DSCN0793.JPG

I was about to rinse out my wash and go and didn't want to fight with the gel lol.

I take one puff down, rinse it under the shower head and add shampoo to that section. I put the ponytail holder back and move to the next section. After all sections have shampoo in them, I go back and rinse them section by section.

I don't do my conditioner in the shower because it takes too long and I have to look in the mirror to make sure I cover my whole head. If I don't I'll look up and have patches that were untouched by conditioner and I'll be mad lol.

After each section is saturated with conditioner, I go back in with my tangle teezer and detangle (Life saver!). I twist each detangled section and then sit with my conditioner for a few minutes to an hour and rinse.

gettting%20ready%20to%20put%20plastic%20cap%20on.jpg

Those pics are a few months old, but I pretty much wash my hair the same now as I did then.

Welcome to all the newly naturals!!!

I'm just checking in and am just so wowed by all the amazing hair.

I have come to the conclusion that my hair has multiple personalities. I've been trying to firgure out my porosity. I think it's high, but has some low porosity parts around the outer areas. I think I might try out some humectants and see how it goes. All in all though, I still love my hair.

Here is what it decided to do today. The white stuff is the leave-in that it doesn't want to part with.
aefc84fd-2028-0102.jpg

I hope the pic isn't too big. Hope everyone has a great day.

Sent from my Droid using Long Hair Care Forum App

:blush: Ahhhh!!!!....the pic was humongous. Sorry about that ladies.

What is everyone doing for a daily moisturizer? I'm on the hunt for my fro lol

I've been going between KCKT and Giovanni Direct Leave-In. My hair seems to like it. If it's happy....I'm happy

NikkiQ - I don't know if you're opposed to using silicones but I use Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In every day after I cowash, and I seal with oil.

Oyin Hair Dew!

I saw that on CurlMart today and was totally tempted. I'm upset I even found that site b/c there are some things that just are very appealing to me and my curls lol

These are some great recommendations ladies! Do they all seem to seap/spee(sp?) down to the root pretty easily? My hair is uber thick.

So today I cowashed,detangled in the shower with my wide tooth seamless shower comb, and applied a little KCKT....let me tell ya. My hair must've REALLY needed that thorough detangling in the shower b/c it flopped down instead of sticking straight up and out lmao.

My scalp feels awful right now.

I went on a no heat, no cones, no sulfates kick for 5 months using mostly natural based products and my scalp was doing good. Then I got my hair done at the salon and its like my scalp just had a really bad reaction to the products or something. Its not coming out or anything just feels itchy and sore in this one spot. They use design essentials and joico products at the salon. Maybe I'm allergic to straight hair, lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Long Hair Care Forum App

I'm going on my third day hair with this twistout! I just wanna make it until friday. Twistouts really do last when you don't play in them too much to try to separate the curls :yep:

Not much to report. I'm wearing my hair out but I'm trying to decide if I'm going to braid it up in a few weeks. Right now, I'm trying to give my hair some much needed TLC (lots of protein and moisture). I noticed a lot of mid-shaft splits and split ends after this last braid take down. I hate that I had to cut my hair.:sad: I usually don't see this happening when I go to the african braid shop. I tried to save a few bucks by letting someone else braid it. Lesson learned.

It's day 5 of Curl Watch 2011 and still no sign of them. The 3c curls around the perimeter are alive and well. Everything else is just wavy. I'm totally prepared to go a good while before the curl definition comes in. Doesn't happen over night :yep:

Man I tried doing what some of y'all do and took out my twists without separating them. It looks crazy on me. I have to wait until my hair gets some weight bc it sticks up everywhere
IMG_10902.jpg

And after separating I lose a lot of definition. I'm still in love with my poof though. I wore it to work for the first time without putting it in a puff (I used just a headband)
I got a lot of comments and some random guy told me I look like India Arie *facepalm*
IMG_1103-1.jpg

Back