~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

I have some pics but nothing special lol. They're cell phone pics though.

Here:

My first protective style (meaning first style with my ends hidden)

a1qtmd.jpg
x6lhxs.jpg

349cprs.jpg

Braid out on dry hair using only shea aloe butter (sorry about the poor quality):

e61wmp.jpg

4jt2xk.jpg

Today:
Braid out after henna-ing yesterday. I :love: henna.

2h49b0n.jpg

Last edited:
I second this. I don't believe very many peoples' texture changes after their BC. Their ends may look different after few months because they will start to curl up more due to the straight ends being gone. Other than that the pattern is pretty much the same.
I guess I was interchanging Curl Pattern with Curl Definition. Yes your curl pattern is going to be whatever it is. I knew my hair was a 4 range even before I BC'd. But for my hair to define and "clump", it took a couple or 3 months for that to happen in some areas.

I guess I was interchanging Curl Pattern with Curl Definition. Yes your curl pattern is going to be whatever it is. I knew my hair was a 4 range even before I BC'd. But for my hair to define and "clump", it took a couple or 3 months for that to happen in some areas.

Yeah I guess I worded the question incorrectly. I meant curl definition. I knew I was 3c/4a prior to chopping, but since the chop...my poor curls have gone bye bye lol

Quick question ladies:

After your BC, how long was it until your true curl pattern appeared?

Mine has pretty much stayed the same since I BC'ed...but, I will say that for awhile I had most of my relaxed hair gone (only had it on top for my frohawk), and I started caring for my hair like it was natural as soon as I decided to stop relaxing. No heat, detangled with a wide tooth comb, used mostly natural products, air dried, etc. Before I cut my hair I did wash n gos and did them exactly the same way I do them now.

I'm trying to decide if I want to do a hardcore protein treatment or Henna treatment following by a good moisturizing DC. I have some splits so I'll have to trim today as well.:wallbash::crying3:

Mine has pretty much stayed the same since I BC'ed...but, I will say that for awhile I had most of my relaxed hair gone (only had it on top for my frohawk), and I started caring for my hair like it was natural as soon as I decided to stop relaxing. No heat, detangled with a wide tooth comb, used mostly natural products, air dried, etc. Before I cut my hair I did wash n gos and did them exactly the same way I do them now.

I attempted my first WNG the other day and it wasn't the best, but I'm proud that it came out pretty decent. Of course once I get the hang of it, it'll come out WAY better. I'm working on a reggie that my hair will benefit the most from.

So ladies,

I got my hair blown out and flat ironed at an Aveda salon on Saturday. I've gone to this salon before with no problems meaning my hair reverted back to it's normal texture. But this time it didn't.

She scorched my hair.

I'm a 4a with a patch that is a silkier and finer 4a than the rest of my hair. But the rest is a solid pen spring to pencil sized curl. Now the silkier patch is
like a 3b.

I did a pre poo of coconut/amla and a light protein with some moisturizing conditioner, then washed, conditioned again and then added a leave-in and sealant. I went with a WNG and because I was pressed for time this morning. I normally do twist outs. I ran my fingers through the top of my head and couldn't believe how different the texture was. It's much thinner and finer than the rest.

I'm annoyed because there's a huge patch of hair has obviously been scorched, it even smells like it's been burned a bit. I guess I wouldn't be pissed if it was done on purpose, like on my entire head but
one patch??? I will not be straightening my hair for at least 3 months (my poor husband, he really loved it straight. Oh well) maybe more. And next time I'm going to do it myself!

(Regarding the pics- the first 2 are of my flat iron after I put in a hot oil treatment of amla and coconut oils. That's why it looks so flat and shiny. The third pic is of the parts of my hair that turned to 3b. Sorry that it's not too clear, I was using my phone. I tried to take a headshot but the picture came out pixilated. But if you want to see my hair, you can go to my profile.)

Attachments

• IMG-20110228-00074.jpg
    IMG-20110228-00074.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG-20110228-00081.jpg
    IMG-20110228-00081.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG-20110228-00106.jpg
    IMG-20110228-00106.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Ok...so I tried to start a thread with my bc pics, but I kept getting bumped. :sad: I'll try again shortly. In the meantime, I've attached a pic. I'm so happy I did it!:grin:

Attachments

• Mar 2010 to Feb 28 2011 772.jpg
    Mar 2010 to Feb 28 2011 772.jpg
    538.2 KB · Views: 60
Hi ladies. :wave: I have been meaning to post in this thread a while ago. I actually big chopped January 31st. I am still trying to figure out my natural hair so forgive me if I ask a lot of questions.

Random hair related rants:

My new steamer will be here tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wasn't able to steam this past weekend because I sold my Huetiful steamer already.

My hair is growing and I can see it now!!!! Well when I comb it out. Otherwise I have some serious shrinkage goinz on. lol

I love Darcy Botanicals products. I mean Darcy's MAY be steppin' on Oyin's toes in my product cabinets!

I can finally get a cute/presentable flat twist style...Woot!

So ladies,

I got my hair blown out and flat ironed at an Aveda salon on Saturday. I've gone to this salon before with no problems meaning my hair reverted back to it's normal texture. But this time it didn't.

She scorched my hair.

I'm annoyed because there's a huge patch of hair has obviously been scorched, it even smells like it's been burned a bit. I guess I wouldn't be pissed if it was done on purpose, like on my entire head but one patch??? I will not be straightening my hair for at least 3 months (my poor husband, he really loved it straight. Oh well) maybe more. And next time I'm going to do it myself!

(Regarding the pics- the first 2 are of my flat iron after I put in a hot oil treatment of amla and coconut oils. That's why it looks so flat and shiny. The third pic is of the parts of my hair that turned to 3b. Sorry that it's not too clear, I was using my phone. I tried to take a headshot but the picture came out pixilated. But if you want to see my hair, you can go to my profile.)

nestlequik :bighug:So sorry to hear about your heat damage. That totally sux. Maybe give that section a more intense protein treatment to see if you can get some curl back. Hang in there.

I just big chopped on 2-26-11. Go to my Fotki to see my pics!!! Sorry couldn't get the pics to upload on forum!! Enjoy!

2sweetnsugarland, Congrats and welcome. You wouldn't happen to be from Sugarland, TX would you?

lacreolegurland PrissyMiss Welcome ladies and congrats!!!

@StephElise: Thanks!!! I'm really excited about my natural hair. I've already learned that some of the products it "didn't like" it "does like" now. YAY:grin: Yes I do live in Sugar Land.

Yay for you! And a big Howdy neighbor to ya!!:hiya: LOL, ok I don't really use that Texas jargon. Just thought it would be fitting since we neighbors and all. :)

Back