The Make It Work/NO Changes for 4 Months Challenge

I will join this challenge. Not because I want to. Because I have to.

I switch a-lot of stuff and i know i'm not giving them time to work, or they do work and i jump onto something else that i think will work better. Okay, i'll lay out my 4 month gameplan and get back with ya. I definitely needed this. My hair needed this. Thanks, Chica~

welcome.......i agree with you bout allowing products to do their thing.....

i didnt end up buying the porosity control con.....too expensive i think....

i did have to change my deep con coz the place i go ran out of the stuff i usually use...:sad:

so these are my products.....:
oils:castor, coconut, jojoba(staples)
wheat germ, almond & flaxseed(using up for pree poo)

shampoo:redken vivagen (chelating), pantene pro v(clarifying),use 1/month or when needed, vo5 moisture soak....no staples but will use these up .....will switch to bi carb soda/con when v05 finished

Con: aphogee 2 min (mild protein), aphogee intensive(hard protein), joico kpak intense hydrator (moisturising) (staples)
tresemme no frizz (co wash), doo gro deep down (deep), aphogee leave in

Moisturizer: s curl (staple), ORS olive oil moisturizing hair lotion

Others: honey, aloe vera gel,acv (staples)

my regime will be as per bootcamp.

Last edited:
I'm just seeing this, but I'm in!

I plan to shampoo and condition once a week. I will pre-poo with coconut, shampoo with joico moisture shampoo, condition with amla powder-laced conditioner and either airdry in braids or rollerset. Oh and my leave-in conditioner, whose name escapes me now.
3 times a week, I will massage my scalp with bhringraj oil.

OMG.....Miss "I found all my staple products, blah, blah, blah". I bought and used a new conditioner. I am praying that I can get a 1x pass, so that I can remain in the challenge. Let me know.The crazy thing is that the conditioner was just ok, I much prefer my staple cowash-Hair one, lol.

PLEASE LET ME JOIN THIS!!!!
I have just been thinking about this since i found my staple shampoo(besides WEN).

I was trying to see if an all or mostly Creme of Nature product regimen would help me:yep:

Okay,my regimen is as follows:

Shampoo w/ creme of Nature ultra moisturizing shampoo every 5-7 days.

Deep condition w/ Wen Fig and/or Breakthru deep conditioner,Generic Value Joico K-pak,Creme of Nature conditioner(which i haven't tried yet,so i don;t know if it will be a staple for all 4 mos).

Leave In:Ellen Lavar Penetrating Balm deep condition leave in Treatment,and/or Aveda Brilliant Universal Styling Creme.

Serum:CHI silk infusion

Oils:Avocado oil,argan oil(if i can find anymore for a decent price),Castor oil
Rollersets,Buns,and braid-out buns.

Tis' should be all:yep:

EDIT:Oh,and i don't have a chelating shampoo as yet.

Last edited:
I keep popping in and out of this challenge b/c I know that I need to join. I am working on my regimen w/products now.

ETA my regimen & products for this challenge:

Regimen:
-poo & dc twice weekly(alternating moisture & protein)
-pre-poo w/brahmi & amla oil or Nexxus aloxxi botanic oil overnight
-moisturize w/Nairobi hair lotion & seal w/Nexxus aloxxi botanic oil hair twice a day
-apply Nairobi leave-in co after each wash

Last edited:
OMG.....Miss "I found all my staple products, blah, blah, blah". I bought and used a new conditioner. I am praying that I can get a 1x pass, so that I can remain in the challenge. Let me know.The crazy thing is that the conditioner was just ok, I much prefer my staple cowash-Hair one, lol.

Alright, its early so I'll give u the one, but no more, lol.

oops, i just realized i need to incorporate a protein conditioner into my reggie. i didn't have one and after last night's blowdry session, imma need one. so, i'm adding aubrey organics gbc or gb something conditioner after some research. hope this doesn't get me kicked out, but every girl needs a protein conditioner, right? i'm new! this is it though. everything else is still working beautifully!

oops, i just realized i need to incorporate a protein conditioner into my reggie. i didn't have one and after last night's blowdry session, imma need one. so, i'm adding aubrey organics gbc or gb something conditioner after some research. hope this doesn't get me kicked out, but every girl needs a protein conditioner, right? i'm new! this is it though. everything else is still working beautifully!

U do need one so its okay

Whew!!!! I got goals to make, my one year anniversary is coming up in March- this really is what I need to stay the course.

hey...it will be my one year in april.....good luck with that.....

would also like t say i am so glad i joined this challenge......especially for the keeping to products bit.....my wallet has been saved from unnecessary purchases!!!!

hey...it will be my one year in april.....good luck with that.....

would also like t say i am so glad i joined this challenge......especially for the keeping to products bit.....my wallet has been saved from unnecessary purchases!!!!

co-signing.....:yep::yep::yep:

Soooooo...how many passes do we get?:look:

This challenge is really helping my pockets by the way:yep:
But it is hard to pass up the hair stores and aisles now.
On the flip side,i found so many products in my stash.I really don't have a need to be buying anything new:nono:
I'm gonna try to use up the excesses that are not in my regimen,or give them away when this challenge is over.

I am hanging in there strong- I was at TJ Maxx today and did not even go over to the conditioner section. The only thing though is since I have not been buying hair products, I have been buying wigs **sigh** I should probably participate in a don't buy anything challenge.

Soooooo...how many passes do we get?:look:

This challenge is really helping my pockets by the way:yep:
But it is hard to pass up the hair stores and aisles now.
On the flip side,i found so many products in my stash.I really don't have a need to be buying anything new:nono:
I'm gonna try to use up the excesses that are not in my regimen,or give them away when this challenge is over.

Not a one, sorry!

Not a one, sorry!

Durn!!!
This is so hard:lachen::lachen::lachen:

NOTE:I never tried the Creme of Nature conditioner,because i bought Herbal Essences Hydrating Conditioner before i bought it and stuck with that instead.This is a really good condish guys!!
I never used the Generic Value K-pak because i went back to Aveda damage remedy conditioner.
Basically I am replacing my original choices(which i never used anyway,and i didn't know how they were going to work).
I am crossing the Breakthru condish off my list because i really don't need it,and i found myself messing up a good thing,just to use up products:ohwell:

Last edited:
We made it!
I was once again tempted to try a new product, but why should I. This challenge keeps reminding me that all of my products work and that I have comitted to not straying. Shooo!

I would like to join (my first official challange... yay!)

My Products are:
Shampoo: Giovanni 50/50 balancing shampoo
Deep Conditioner: Aubrey Organics HSR; AO GPB; and AO White Camellia
Cheap Conditioner: Mane & Tail (although it's not that cheap); and Herbel Essence LTR
Moisturizer: HE LTR
Oils: Coconut; and EVOO
Butters: Elasta QP Mango butter
Clarifyer: baking soda

Routine:
1. Co-wash every other day. Shampoo once a week and deep condition with every shampoo wash.
2. Clarify and do a protein treatment once a month.
2. Moisturize and seal every other day (with every wash).

Ladies we've almost made it through the first month! Woohoo!

i dont know if i should life/cry or be proud....lol......its ONLY BEEN A MONTH!!!!!!! man THIS IS A CHALLENEGE

I am out of this challenge i have failed a number of times:nono: very sad.

ohhh sorry to see you go.....it is hard....hope i stick to it. Ayurveda is calling me....lol

i've had to top up my bi carb soda and avc....will have to get glycerine today...ran out a couple days ago.

am also running out of shampoo but will switch to bi carb as i mentioned before....

Back