The Loner Types

Browntem

Ladies in light of my recent breakup with my ex-boyfriend(Loner) I realize that I tend to attract the "Loner type" of man, which I've determined I AM NOT INTO! So when i say loner i'm not talking about the shy/reserved guy that takes a long time opening up to people. I mean the type that tends to have social anxiety and claims that they just like to be alone at all times-no friends, no strong interpersonal relationships etc...
So ladies what are your experiences if any at all with these type of men.

I might have a loner type guy.

My DH has a few really good friends that he deals with in his life, he's very family oriented. He's quiet, shy, and a good listener doesn't talk much.

Personally, I love it, it equals less drama in our lives, imo.

Ladies in light of my recent breakup with my ex-boyfriend(Loner) I realize that I tend to attract the "Loner type" of man, which I've determined I AM NOT INTO! So when i say loner i'm not talking about the shy/reserved guy that takes a long time opening up to people. I mean the type that tends to have social anxiety and claims that they just like to be alone at all times-no friends, no strong interpersonal relationships etc...
So ladies what are your experiences if any at all with these type of men.

This sounds a lot like the guy I'm dating. Then again, it also sounds like me in a way. I definitely take a while to open up to people and consider myself to be shy. I don't see anything wrong with most of those characteristics. The only time I would get a bit concerned was if the guy literally had no friends, and relied solely on you for social support. The guy I'm dating now does have a small set of friends.

Yeah Gabulldawg I was his sole support system which was kind of a difficult. He talked to his brother & mom a few times a month but that was about it. He's such a great guy but didn't seem to like social events; happy hrs, people coming over etc... No man is an island so it's hard for me to understand why one would choose to be alone all the time. I think it's good to have a healthy balance between your relationship and your friends but he felt that his girlfriend(me at the time) was all he needed...

I do not like ' loner' men. I do like a man who likes people, has interpersonal relationships but is a Lone Wolf as far as doing his own thing regardless of what other's opinions are. A man without 'acquaintances' who he shares his interests with or no family ties at all is scary.

I do not like ' loner' men. I do like a man who likes people, has interpersonal relationships but is a Lone Wolf as far as doing his own thing regardless of what other's opinions are. A man without 'acquaintances' who he shares his interests with or no family ties at all is scary.

I agree. My fiance is estranged from 2 of his 3 brothers and the one his does talk with, they are at times iffy. His friends concise of guys at his job, and do VERY little socializing with them outside of work.
My FH is more of a loner than I am. I have a mulitude of friends and was quite social before we met up. Things have changed since Im now living in his state away from all my buddies, but things will soon change once I get my footing about myself back to work etc...
I do think it is quite unsettling for a guy to be a TOTAL loner. My FH has the mindframe that all that matters is his family (me and the kids), and to an extent I agree, but value my friendships as well.
Ive come to accept that some people are more comfortable alone, and you cant make them be as social as you may like. I just dont plan to let his loner status rub off on me. I would advice anyone in a similar situation to do the same.

I might have a loner type guy.

My DH has a few really good friends that he deals with in his life, he's very family oriented. He's quiet, shy, and a good listener doesn't talk much.

Personally, I love it, it equals less drama in our lives, imo.

ITA!!:grin:

Back