The Interracial Dating Scene Where You Live

ichephren

As the title goes. Tell us about the interracial dating scene where you live. I'd specifically like to know about DC/VA/MD, but really anywhere. I wanna know where Black women have the best/easiest time attracting men of all races for actual relationships, not just hook-ups.
I'll start: my scene is mostly chapel hill, nc and raleigh. Chapel hill and Raleigh are so different from each other it isn't even funny. In chapel hill, b/c it's a college town, anything goes. I've seen all types of couples. In fact, last weekend, I was at a club on franklin street and danced all night with a foreign german guy. Before that I met a cute chinese guy at school who I am now friends with. One of my friends is chinese and she's currently "talking to" an indian guy. In raleigh, however, you don't see as much mixing. Whites there are very closeted(he he he) and tend to be with other whites...though I've seen some white/asian and white/black couples, it's not as much as in chapel hill.

I'm in Chicago, which is largely segregated. The only places I see interracial couples on a regular basis is on the north side, and a small community called Hyde Park. Otherwise, if I wanted to hook up with somebody of another race, I'd pretty much have to go to another city or state :ohwell:

The dating scene is pretty open in DMV(DC/MD/VA). The area has so many ethnic groups that you can date pretty much anyone..you just have to get in with the right scene..

The dating scene is pretty open in DMV(DC/MD/VA). The area has so many ethnic groups that you can date pretty much anyone..you just have to get in with the right scene..

Yeah, I live in MD and I see interracial couples almost everyday. It can be pretty diverse here depending on which area you live in. Even in Prince George's county where the majority population is black, I still see quite a few interracial couples (married and non-married). I see most black women with white men in Prince George's county.

But Montgomery County is pretty diverse too (if not more so than PG), and you can find people of all races intermixing. Same with Virginia...but it's a little less common in VA as far as blacks intermixing. MD is more diverse and relaxed in general with IR relationships if you ask me. Again...it depends on which area.

HTH!

Last edited:
In Jacksonville, FL (especially the new southside, beaches, ponte vedra) you have to beat the white boys off with a stick. Laaaaawd, make them leave me the hell alone!!! They are very aggressive here.

Boston is pretty diverse because it's also a "college town" of sorts, so there are many young people of different nationalities and ethnicities to meet. I think the city's population almost doubles when classes start at the many universities.

Of the residents, there are many Black/White couples, but even more Black/Latino couples (I used to date a Latino man myself.) We also have a pretty large Asian population, mostly Vietnamese and Chinese, some Korean and Japanese. We have a pretty good Indian population in certain parts of the city and lots of young white men that are definitely interested. Interracial relationships are much more accepted now than in the past I think because the city is such a "mixed bag."

I'm in Chicago, which is largely segregated. The only places I see interracial couples on a regular basis is on the north side, and a small community called Hyde Park. Otherwise, if I wanted to hook up with somebody of another race, I'd pretty much have to go to another city or state :ohwell:

Man I feel the same way. I'm in Chicago too and I don't see many interracial couples. It's unfortunate. You're right about the north side and hyde park, those are the only places I really see 'em. I like the idea of diversity. I've dated interracially before. He was from Oak Park which is a suburb of Chicago. He was very open, actually his entire family was. Hmmm maybe I'll check out Jacksonville, FL. :grin:

What would you say about folks from, oh, Fairfax County, VA? You know, that whole DC corridor/Northern VA area....

Yeah, that area is the one I'm precisely talking about when I mention about people intermixing. :yep: But as far as Virginia as a state...I don't think it's as common as it is Maryland. But again...it also depends on the area you're interested in. Some areas are more segregated than others. :ohwell:

Yeah, that area is the one I'm precisely talking about when I mention about people intermixing. :yep: But as far as Virginia as a state...I don't think it's as common as it is Maryland. But again...it also depends on the area you're interested in. Some areas are more segregated than others. :ohwell:

I gotcha. Just asking cause uh, I met this cutie from Centerville and uh... yeah... :look:

I'll see him this weekend. :D

Thanks for the info!

Well for the DC area, the interraccial county is Howard County. Did you know this was an actual planned community? anyways you can definitely find white and black over there. DC area is practically open to everything. Though there are more people from out of the area who live here, when I was growing up it wasn't uncommon to see all diversed races chilling, dating etc. Now that the white flight has moved in, and people's steroetypical predijuce has set in; it's kind of hard to tell who's who until the town meetings.:rolleyes: That's when they let you know they have issues with "some people"

Anyways that was too much of a rant. If you are planning on coming to this area, the meetup group Something New has functions for interracial dating. I had a thread up about their first mingle.

:arrowup: same here...in Southern California everybody is doin' everybody! Color really doesn't seem to be an issue according to my single AA girlfriends.

I think it is where you go that makes a difference. We live in the same area and I have met most of the guys I've dated interracially at events.

Like, I go out alone to exhibits, social events, tastings, foodie group dinners, etc. Conversation and communication in less "dating" environments seems to make men of other races ( who otherwise would not go up to a woman to get to know her) open to getting to know you. Actually I think this goes for all men really, but I have met more men this way.

I mean, I do live in Columbia MD where interracial families are plentiful, but I think our area in general is pretty open for developing interracial relationships.

Boston is pretty diverse because it's also a "college town" of sorts, so there are many young people of different nationalities and ethnicities to meet. I think the city's population almost doubles when classes start at the many universities.

Of the residents, there are many Black/White couples, but even more Black/Latino couples (I used to date a Latino man myself.) We also have a pretty large Asian population, mostly Vietnamese and Chinese, some Korean and Japanese. We have a pretty good Indian population in certain parts of the city and lots of young white men that are definitely interested. Interracial relationships are much more accepted now than in the past I think because the city is such a "mixed bag."

Hmmm we have pretty different experiences. I have lived in boston for almost my entire life. I can count on one hand the interracial relationships I did see there. Again I am referring to white/black relationships.

Well for the DC area, the interraccial county is Howard County. Did you know this was an actual planned community? anyways you can definitely find white and black over there. DC area is practically open to everything. Though there are more people from out of the area who live here, when I was growing up it wasn't uncommon to see all diversed races chilling, dating etc. Now that the white flight has moved in, and people's steroetypical predijuce has set in; it's kind of hard to tell who's who until the town meetings.:rolleyes: That's when they let you know they have issues with "some people"

Anyways that was too much of a rant. If you are planning on coming to this area, the meetup group Something New has functions for interracial dating. I had a thread up about their first mingle.

could you bump that thread up? :yep:

I'm from Maryland and all I've ever been in are interracial relationships so does that say anything?

In Jacksonville, FL (especially the new southside, beaches, ponte vedra) you have to beat the white boys off with a stick. Laaaaawd, make them leave me the hell alone!!! They are very aggressive here.

ooh, let me find out... i need to visit Jacksonville!

I second that. The thing though is I live in northern virginia woodbridge. . . and its pretty much interracial relationships everywhere. I think there are way more further north in alexandria, arlington, fairfax, DC and Maryland because they are definetely more culturally diverse than where I live. I just noticed that coming to George Mason. ALOT of people from middle east, north africa, and asia.

I didn't really have that problem.... not to say that such problems don't exist. I think there are ample opportunities to meet men in bars/clubs downtown.

I see it running strong in chicago..

It is very segregated, but i see it all the time out here.

I see it running strong in chicago..

It is very segregated, but i see it all the time out here.
Really? I'm always downtown and I see interracial relationships but it's usually black men and white women, not the other way around. Sometimes I will see one or two bw/wm couples but it's more rare. Hyde Park and some parts of the north side it's more common but again it's usually the other way around.

Maybe because where I live is a college town, but you see just as many black women with 'other' men as you do the men. It's funny when people from other parts of the country, and state even, come here they always comment on the number of mixed couples and children.

My parents met in Maryland (Baltimore/Aberdeen...) and my dad is Mexican and my mom is Black and that was probably hmmm.... 35 years ago. My mom is originally from Kinston, NC and she said that when she was of dating age all she dated was Puerto Rican guys.... how she ended up with a Mexican I don't know..:grin:

I live in Colorado and I see it all of the time... but this is also considered a "military" town so I guess that would make a huge difference.

I'm in Sugar Land TX, suburb of Houston, and I only see some hispanic with blacks. I don't see any interracial black and white couples.:ohwell:

I live in Toledo. I see it often around here, but rare enough that it's a surprise when I see it... if that makes any sense at all. I'm always happy to see interracial couples (because I was in an IR), but there's always that initial doubt of, "Are they a couple?"

Back