The hair sticks thread---all about hair sticks (pictures included)

@BillsBackerz67, it's stretched out from wearing a bun.

Here's how my hair looks when it hasn't been stretched out so much:

DSC01671-vi.jpg

^^^I have s shaped curls but lots of bunning stretches them out.

@wavezncurlz, love those sticks especially the first two. Our tastes are similar.

@SmilingElephant, you have a nice collection and your hair looks great in all of those updos.

Today I wore my hair stick with Alexandrite topper from Aliarose by Aliarose on Etsy :

DSC02448-vi.jpg

@mwedzi, I'd like to start a hair fork thread but I don't know a lot of websites where hair forks can be purchased from. :( I've already posted my hair fork pictures in this thread and you and anyone else are free to post hair fork pictures in this thread. I love looking at all of your hair pictures. Feel free to share you fork collection here.

CelinaStarr! Your hair is getting thicker & longer by the second...
(Sorry to hear some-one stole your picture)

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita, thanks. I don't think the pictures will be removed. I may just open my Fotki back up to the public again. I get the impression this person got my pictures from these forums.

It's one thing to steal others pictures but to be so adamant about refusing to remove the pictures despite multiple complaints. :nono: This person's really determined to keep the pictures.

Lita, thanks. I don't think the pictures will be removed. I may just open my Fotki back up to the public again. I get the impression this person got my pictures from these forums.

It's one thing to steal others pictures but to be so adamant about refusing to remove the pictures despite multiple complaints. :nono: This person's really determined to keep the pictures.

Give us the website. I bet if they receive all of our complaints they'll take the pictures down.

I want to buy some sticks but i want to know of another seller that makes sticks similar to aliarose but may be a lil cheaper??? Right now Barefoot Maiden is a bit too high like i'll spend $20 on some sticks but not $30

BostonMaria, the link is here: www.longhaircareforum.com/hair-care-tips-product-review-discussion/505653-theres-picture-thief.html

Here's her response to the complaints of all the pictures that were stolen: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha...-response-taking-lhcf-members-etc-photos.html

Last time I heard the pictures were still up. I do not have a Facebook account. So I can't check to see if she has taken them down. Link to webpage: Login | Facebook

SmilingElephant, Anafiassa's sticks are similar to Aliarose's but I think the prices are similar. Sticks and Stones sells wooden sticks with toppers for reasonable prices.

wavezncurlz You stole my sticks! LOL j/k. I really liked those sticks and was gonna buy them, but because I henna I didn't think the red tones would look right. I still love those sticks though...wear them well, wear them well. *sniff* lol! Be careful with those MM sticks. I think I've realized I can't use the bone sticks. It snapped like a twig :( But she has a few pairs that I really want.

I just got a really great haul from Sticks and Stones and ebay. I can't wait to get my digi camera.

I've put my knitting needles in my hair when I'm knitting on the train as not to poke anyone when I'm moving up and down the isles or changing seats. But with shrinkage and my hair being very fine, they dwarf my little bun. After I saw the video of the woman with hair slightly below the neck using the prong/fork style sticks in a french roll, I have hope that I can use them. I plan on using the prong style since I think other other kind look better on longer/thicker hair.

My question is this: Does anyone know if using smooth hair sticks is better than a hair tie? I suffer from breakage and I think the hair ties. I want to wear my hair up because it gets so dry if I let it out. I'd love an easy and pretty alternative.

I've put my knitting needles in my hair when I'm knitting on the train as not to poke anyone when I'm moving up and down the isles or changing seats. But with shrinkage and my hair being very fine, they dwarf my little bun. After I saw the video of the woman with hair slightly below the neck using the prong/fork style sticks in a french roll, I have hope that I can use them. I plan on using the prong style since I think other other kind look better on longer/thicker hair.

My question is this: Does anyone know if using smooth hair sticks is better than a hair tie? I suffer from breakage and I think the hair ties. I want to wear my hair up because it gets so dry if I let it out. I'd love an easy and pretty alternative.

I find it to be less stress on my hair because the hold is not so tight.

wavezncurlz You stole my sticks! LOL j/k. I really liked those sticks and was gonna buy them, but because I henna I didn't think the red tones would look right. I still love those sticks though...wear them well, wear them well. *sniff* lol! Be careful with those MM sticks. I think I've realized I can't use the bone sticks. It snapped like a twig :( But she has a few pairs that I really want.

I just got a really great haul from Sticks and Stones and ebay. I can't wait to get my digi camera.

jasmineml
Sorry! I will take good care of them. I will be careful with the mm sticks. They will be for special occasions.

There should be an "anti-breakage" challenge. Nothing but hairsticks for a month and see how your hair improves. I'm going to try it.

Enyo, for the past few months I've mostly been wearing hair sticks and sometimes Goody Spin Pins. Both are gentle on the hair. :yep: That sounds like a great challenge.

I have Ketylo aquapearls. They're waterproof. It looks like they are not yet availble on his website but if you email him you can purchase them. When I emailed him a few weeks ago he told me that he had these colors available: blue-green,
maroon, blue-black, white spalted, red-black, and green-black

Here's the picture that Kevin sent me with the colors. This is Kevin's picture, not mine:

2010newaquapearl0142-vi.jpg

^^^^His picture reflects the color of the sticks more accurately than mine.

From left to right: blue-green,
maroon, blue-black, white spalted, red-black, and green-black

He also mentioned that he is expecting to get 10 new colors soon. I'm so hoping there's a purple in there.

Here's what I have:

DSC02467-vi.jpg

^^^^^^My camera didn't capture these colors very well.

From top to bottom:
1) White Spalted
2) Blue-Green
3) Maroon

Action shots:

DSC02460-vi.jpg

DSC02461-vi.jpg

ETA: The prices of his aquapearls are the same as his other sticks.

Last edited:
mwedzi Is the one I quoted from Hawai'i? They do a lot of stuff in that color scheme and with paddles. I think I saw something like that on eBay.

croissantbun1.jpg

CelinaStarr those maroon sticks are gorgeous! I've been reading about the aquapearls on LHC but couldn't see any of the pictures...I'll definitely be ordering those!

Enyo I use an old pair of double-pointed wooden knitting needles for hanging around the house or taking a shower (I gave up on knitting so I'm not worried about ruining them) I'm all for a no-breakage/hairstick challenge!

Enyo I use an old pair of double-pointed wooden knitting needles for hanging around the house or taking a shower (I gave up on knitting so I'm not worried about ruining them) I'm all for a no-breakage/hairstick challenge!

jasmineml

Can anyone start a challenge? If so, I don't mind starting it.

mwedzi Is the one I quoted from Hawai'i? They do a lot of stuff in that color scheme and with paddles. I think I saw something like that on eBay.

I'm not sure where it's from, though I definitely bought it on Ebay for a cheap price. I haven't seen them there for a little while, though.

I knew I should not have come in this thread! I have a cheap pair of hair sticks and I have not used them in a long time. I think I need to break them out and purchase some new ones.

OK so its not a hair stick, but a hair comb.
and its not exotic either lol. Fund it in the Pharmacy, its a 2 pronged goody hair comb:grin:

but I was so excited to see it and use it to embelish my hair.
My hair is in a mowhawk but since my twists have become a bit old looking, I "french rolled" them and stuck the hair comb in.

Oh and sry for the pic quality from my phone :spinning:

Attachments

• _Media Card_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00713-20101112-1014.jpg
    _Media Card_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00713-20101112-1014.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Back