The hair sticks thread---all about hair sticks (pictures included)

everyone's collections look fantastic! I just finished my pawn hair stick and I have made a couple more.

Attachments

• wyrdwaycrationshairstic.jpg
    wyrdwaycrationshairstic.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 41
  • wyrdwayhairsticspain.jpg
    wyrdwayhairsticspain.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 36
  • wwhairsctoppers.jpg
    wwhairsctoppers.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 37
  • pumpinhairsticww.jpg
    pumpinhairsticww.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 40
Thanks Lita , they are pretty smooth, between sealing quotes I had to sand down air bubbles and stuff, it was a chore but they almost feel like glass ^_^ I'm waiting on the stain to dry on a few more sticks so I can put those rubber duckies and that bat on.

WyrdWay the pumpkins are sooo cute! and I love the color! you said you staind them? you are very talented!

My sticks came from Ketylo! They are breathtaking! I've clearly found a new addiction. oh and CelinaStarr, I never should have found out that barefoot maiden has a layaway plan...:look: :lachen:

WyrdWay the pumpkins are sooo cute! and I love the color! you said you staind them? you are very talented!

My sticks came from Ketylo! They are breathtaking! I've clearly found a new addiction. oh and CelinaStarr, I never should have found out that barefoot maiden has a layaway plan...:look: :lachen:

@ the bolded... i should have never read that...lol .... off to bare maidens website lol

The color is off ,sorry.

Attachments

• pawnstick-wyrdway.jpg
    pawnstick-wyrdway.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 31
  • pumpkinstick-wyrdway.jpg
    pumpkinstick-wyrdway.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 27
Oh the hairsticks! I was talking to my hubby about them yesterday and how I wanted to decorate some myself and make matching jewelery. His reply was "You can make your own you just need a small wood lathe." He then went on to start listing the costs and equipment. I think you all have created a monster. (Notice I take no responsibility). I told him to wait until after the new year so I can see if I really want to try my hand at it.

Oh the hairsticks! I was talking to my hubby about them yesterday and how I wanted to decorate some myself and make matching jewelery. His reply was "You can make your own you just need a small wood lathe." He then went on to start listing the costs and equipment. I think you all have created a monster. (Notice I take no responsibility). I told him to wait until after the new year so I can see if I really want to try my hand at it.

you can just buy some wooden dowls (sp) ^_^ I have a bunch of knives, a power drill, and a couple of saws. You don't need a bunch of expensive tools.

WyrdWay ~ When it comes to certain things my husband is definitely "gung ho". He already has a list of exotic woods I could use. I'm glad he's so supportive and enthusiastic but I don't have plans to invest that heavily.

If/when I'm ready to try my hand I'll look you up for some pointers. Thanks!

I've recently learned that some of my pictures have been stolen and added to a website. This makes me more reluctant to post pictures. :( Complaints have been sent so I hope this person just deletes the pictures. I just don't understand why someone would do this.

Here's how I wore my hair to work yesterday:

DSC02344-vi.jpg

^^^^^Wearing Shade Shifter Metamorphosis Hairsticks from Aliarose at Aliarose by Aliarose on Etsy .

These are from Aliarose:

DSC02350-vi.jpg

^^^^From left to right:
1) Free pair of matching earrings.
2) Shade Shifter Metamorphosis Hairsticks
3) Shade Shifter Transformation Hairsticks
4) Ethereal Mists Hairsticks
5) Ultraviolet Visions Hair Sticks

CelinaStarr I saw those and I thought that screen name looked familiar lol! I'm in love with these and they will be mine by the end of the week!

I found a lot of really cute, really cheap sticks on ebay. I'm excited for those too!

General Question: Does anyone wear their wooden sticks in wet hair? And how do they hold up?

jasmineml, I wouldn't advise wearing wooden sticks in wet hair. You'll ruin the wood. Metal hair sticks and perhaps Dymondwood hair sticks work well in wet hair. Dymondwood is water resistant and I think would be more suitable for damp not wet hair.

CelinaStarr ~ I am so sorry to hear about the stolen pictures. I think it's a sin and a shame before Moses and the Lamb that people are so unscrupulous. It makes me sad to think that we may be deprived of such inspiration, insight and encouragement because someone was trying to make a fast buck.
I would have never found out about all of the available hair stick styles and possibilities if not for threads like this so thank you!
Also, your illusion hair sticks are amazing. I’m trying to wait until the new year before I buy any more hair and nail accessories because my vanity should be finished by then.
Have a groovy day!

CelinaStarr I saw those and I thought that screen name looked familiar lol! I'm in love with these and they will be mine by the end of the week!

I found a lot of really cute, really cheap sticks on ebay. I'm excited for those too!

General Question: Does anyone wear their wooden sticks in wet hair? And how do they hold up?

uh-oh I style my hair wet every morning. I haven't had any problems though. I will wait until my hair is damp before inserting.

CelinaStarr
I knew those pictures were yours. I hate that they did this to you. It's plain wrong. I have few length check pictures posted so I'm sure that's why they left me alone. One time my picture was stolen by a site describing hairtypes (and they said mine was difficult to categorize as it was less curly and more wavy). I was defineitely not amused. I wouldn't have cared if they asked but I felt violated for sure. They removed it upon my request. I hope that it doesn't stop you from sharing that glorious mane!

Thank you ladies. Hopefully the pictures will be removed but so far it looks as if the person that stole the picture has no intentions of removing them.

Love all your Aliarose sticks and these are my favorites. I had a pair that I got really cheap as part of a "pay it forward". But I somehow broke one of the toppers. :( I think her sticks would be great for slippery hair because they are not as smooth as ketylos or Timberstone Turnings.

I'm currently having fun with my 2 hair forks. Think we should start a hair fork thread?

@mwedzi, a hair fork/comb thread sounds like a good idea. :yep:

Sorry to hear about the topper breaking. I try to be as careful as possible but sometimes things like that happen. I like that her sticks are reasonably priced.

Okay so i FINALLY got my pics uploaded!!!!

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 020.jpg

^^These are the ones i got from Barefoot Maiden...i freakin LOVE that woman!!! She custom made the elephant stick for me!!

Picture 015.jpg

^^This is my 60th Street Hair Fork

Picture 013.jpg
^^Another one from Etsy...i forgot the seller's name:D

Picture 018.jpg
^^These i got from Sally's...the paint is coming off the plastic bc i wear them so much!!

Last edited:
@SmilingElephant, you have a nice collection and your hair looks great in all of those updos.

Today I wore my hair stick with Alexandrite topper from Aliarose by Aliarose on Etsy :

DSC02448-vi.jpg

@mwedzi, I'd like to start a hair fork thread but I don't know a lot of websites where hair forks can be purchased from. :( I've already posted my hair fork pictures in this thread and you and anyone else are free to post hair fork pictures in this thread. I love looking at all of your hair pictures. Feel free to share you fork collection here.

Last edited:
@godsflowerrr, thank you. Coming from you that means a lot. I've loved your hair for the longest time and you eye make up is fierce. You have a great sense of style. I really enjoy viewing your Fotki.

Back