The hair sticks thread---all about hair sticks (pictures included)

You ladies are killing me. I am trying soooo hard to have my vanity area set up before I buy anything else and yet you all keep posting these gorgeous pictures of all these goodies. Now when my husband is yelling because I've filled hanging shoe racks with bean bag filling and stuck a million hair sticks and such in our closet on his side I'm just going to show him this thread.

Got my Hawaiian prong today. The smaller size really works for my fine hair. The bun doesn't look so sad. :lol: The stick is 6" including the swirl, and has about 4.5" of actual prong. When I do the french twist I do well with about 6" of actual stick.

dscf1110m.jpg

Last edited:
CelinaStarr....i cannot wait for them to get here!!!

She accidentally shipped me someone else's order so i have to forward it to the right person.....but she threw in a free pair of earrings for me bc of the mixup:p....:grin:

Cool!!...i'm in the mood for blue hairsticks so thats what i ordered. I don't have really any blue pairs....i need some green ones too.

SmilingElephant, I think you have my sticks, I'm in Georgia. I hate that this mix up happened because I too was looking forward to the sticks, but the free goodies are nice. Sorry for the inconvenience. Such a small world.

These are from BarefootMaiden:

DSC02218-vi.jpg

^^^^From left to right:
1) Modern Marilyn Hairsticks- Fuchsia and Jet Swarovski Crystals
2) Fall Fairytale Hairsticks- Topaz Glass, Carnelian and Brass
3) Autumn Spirit Hairsticks- Carved Carnelian Butterfly with Carnelian Leaf
4) Shades of Romance- Rose Quartz, Garnet and Sterling Silver Dangle Hairsticks
5) Spice Goddess- Dark Saffron Orange Glass and Vermeil Hairsticks

All of these hair sticks came with free matching earrings. The earrings for the Autumn Spirit hair sticks originally came with the Spice Goddess hair sticks and vice versa. But I think they match the Autumn Spirit sticks better and the earrings that came with the Autumn Spirit sticks matches the Spice Goddess sticks better. So I switched the matching earrings for both of these sticks.

wow CelinaStar!! these are so pretty... how many hair sticks do you own!! :blush:.

i cant wait to have your length someday!

wow CelinaStar!! these are so pretty... how many hair sticks do you own!! :blush:.

i cant wait to have your length someday!

I have quite a few now. I haven't counted but I have a lot. Like enough to go with every outfit. Out of all of the hair sticks I like my Ketylos the best. I just adore them. They are so comfortable and hold my hair all day.

AdoraAdora24, love your hair and your buns are so nice. You will be back to tailbone and beyond in no time.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Celina.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

TamedTresses, you weren't hijacking my thread at all. Feel free to post and ask any questions in this thread. :yep:

SmilingElephant, I think you have my sticks, I'm in Georgia. I hate that this mix up happened because I too was looking forward to the sticks, but the free goodies are nice. Sorry for the inconvenience. Such a small world.

WOW!!!! That is funny!!!....Girl i just forwarded them to you in the mail...you're in Savannah??

I just got them yesterday and i put them in the mail today....so they'll be at your house pretty soon.....we're forever connected!:laugh:

That is a small world!

Celina, I'm so mad you introduced me to yet another vendor that now I want something from. :angry2: I totally want these: Ice Queen Kanzashi Hair Sticks by ForeverSunshine on Etsy

But I can't because I just ordered a copper hair fork. Boo!

But y'all remember that I won a gift certificate from Barefoot Maiden. I got these sticks from her:

IMG_4239-vi.jpg

mwdezi,

:notworthy Where's the Thanks button?

mwdezi, your hair looks beautiful and I love those hair sticks. Those Ice Queen Kanzashi Hair Sticks are really cute.

I haven't bought anything lately but have been looking instead. Looking is just as good for now. :lol:

I really like the Ketylos. I know Kevin is selling aquapearls and he told me he is supposed to get more colors in within the next 6 weeks I think. I'd love to buy some more Ketylo aquapearls when he gets them in, perhaps next month or even January.

BarefootMaiden has had a lot of nice sticks for sale lately.

I really like these Galactica Hairsticks.

Actually I see a lot of cute hair sticks. Sometimes I just go to Etsy just to look around and admire all of the pretty hair sticks.

Thanks, ladies.

And Enyo, I love that hair fork. Did you get it from Ebay? Your bun doesn't look sad at all. It's pretty. The fork you're using is quite big, in fact.

@empressri, aren't Ketylos the best? They are my go to everyday hair sticks. Your hair looks beautiful in your avatar. Do you have any pictures to share if you don't mind? I *heart* your hair and bet it looks amazing with hair sticks.

Everyone, please feel free to post pictures. :yep:

Thank you :grin: I'm loooooving those buns!!!

I just flat ironed tonight and guess what you made me pull out? My ketylo AND wooden hair fork both of which are holding up a bun each. I will try to post a picture!

@enyo I love that fork! I was admiring that on ebay but I purchased 4 other pairs of sticks from another vendor instead. It looks great in your hair.

Barefoot maiden is killing me right now. I'm definitely gonna utilize her laway plan very soon!

I love Barefoot Maiden but she charges sooooooo much for some sticks yo. $30 sum dollas just for sticks?? I really like the ones at Sticks and Stones.....but i dunno...i'ma see about gettin another pair of BFM:look:

@Wavesncurls.....i am lovin ALLL your sticks:yep:.....i want cupcake sticks tooooo:crying3:.....:grin:

Everybody's hair looks so nice:yep:

Last edited:
Thanks, ladies.

And Enyo, I love that hair fork. Did you get it from Ebay? Your bun doesn't look sad at all. It's pretty. The fork you're using is quite big, in fact.

Thanks, and yes, I got it from eBay. I really wanted the one you have (paddle shape)! You beat me to it! :lol: The fork isn't big at all. It fits in my flattened hand with a bit of room to spare (6" total). It looks big because the bun is pretty small.

Back