The hair sticks thread---all about hair sticks (pictures included)

Today I wore my BarefootMaiden's Modern Marilyn Hairsticks:

DSC02269-vi.jpg

I BROKE A DAMN HAIRSTICK TODAY!! Ok...I'm calm now :look:

CelinaStarr those are beautiful! I've looked through some of her past sales and her stuff really is goregeous. She just doesn't have a very big selection right now :(

wavezncurlz that is a great list, I LOVE those peacock decadence sticks. I've had my eye on them for a while now.

In the meantime, I'm waiting on my stuff from ebay, Sticks and Stones, and the Ketylo website....and NO I don't have a problem lol!

I love hair sticks and I have short hair (APL) but when I SL I used them. I have fine hair and most hair toys hurt my hair too much to PS everyday. Hair sticks do not put pressure on my edges and do not snag the hair.

The trick with shorter hair is to use shorter sticks and do a French Twist instead of a bun. I mean one can use longer sticks and bun but I found shorter sticks look better on shorter hair and French Twist looks more volumious than a bun.

Here are some videos from Mai Fa for shorter hair.

Shaune Bazner Accessories - Convertibles, Hair Sticks, and Other Fashion Accessories - The Way of Mei-Fa Hairstyx - The Video

I BROKE A DAMN HAIRSTICK TODAY!! Ok...I'm calm now :look:

CelinaStarr those are beautiful! I've looked through some of her past sales and her stuff really is goregeous. She just doesn't have a very big selection right now :(

wavezncurlz that is a great list, I LOVE those peacock decadence sticks. I've had my eye on them for a while now.

In the meantime, I'm waiting on my stuff from ebay, Sticks and Stones, and the Ketylo website....and NO I don't have a problem lol!

jasmineml
which ones did you break? Does that mean your hair is getting longer and thicker? :)

Today I wore my Wyldfae's Allegiance Faerie Hair Sticks and matching earrings from NightBlooming at Night Blooming Hair Sticks & Jewelry by NightBlooming on Etsy:

DSC02309-vi.jpg

DSC02274-vi.jpg

As mentioned earlier in this thread, hair combs/forks are similar to using hair sticks. Many people find them easier to use than hair sticks.

Here are my 60th Street forks:

DSC02308-vi.jpg

^^^^From left to right:

1) LYNNE Style 3 Prong Hair Fork made of Alabaster Dymondwood
2) BEV Style 3 Prong Hair Fork made of Tapestry Dymondwood
3) ANNIE Style 4 Prong Hair Fork made of Desert Sunset Dymondwood
4) BUFFY Style 4 Prong Hair Fork made of Vineyard Dymondwood

All are 6.5 inches in total length.

Wearing Buffy Style 4 Prong Hair Fork made of Vineyard Dymondwood:

DSC02282-vi.jpg

DSC02290-vi.jpg

Wearing Annie Style 4 Prong Hair Fork made in Desert Sunset Dymondwood:

DSC02298-vi.jpg

Wearing Bev Style 3 Prong Hair Fork made of Tapestry Dymondwood:

DSC02301-vi.jpg

Wearing Lynne Style 3 Prong Hair Fork made of Alabaster Dymondwood:

DSC02307-vi.jpg

Can't wait to see more pictures everyone. :yep:

MCrzyGr

I do my chinese bun like that - I just wear it lower down on my neck and use two strand twists kind of like this:[video=youtube;n98D0j8Ypfg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n98D0j8Ypfg&feature=related[/video]

Obviously, my bun isn't as big but it's a goal of mine to get it big like that!

I got my Sticks and Stones hairsticks!
Funfetti and Royal Golden Topaz from site

In my hair:
Royal Golden Topa
z
DSCN0858.jpg

Funfetti
DSCN0863.jpg

Shades of smoke:
DSCN0869.jpg

Attachments

• royalgoldentopaz.jpg
    royalgoldentopaz.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 11
  • funfetti.jpg
    funfetti.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 14
wavezncurlz I broke my cupcake stick! It's a bone stick and it just snapped in two as I was twisting it in. But on a lighter note, I love those sticks! The funfetti ones are really pretty! I just oredered some more stuff from her site, I can't wait!

CelinaStarr Those ketylos hold up retty well. I love them and I'm waiting on my buy 3 get the 4th free order. Those forks are gorgeous! I love the dymondwood colors, they are so pretty!

I was gonna buy a Nightblooming stick the other day, and right when I went to do it, BAM! It was sold!

Thanks guys. I'm addicted.

jasmineml
I am so sorry about the cupcake stick. Is there anyway to salvage it?

CelinaStarr
You are tempting me to get a stick with Ketylo sticks. I havent ventured that way yet. I probably will love them. Do they secure your hair better?

wavezncurlz, they work very well for my thick and coarse hair. I like how thick and sturdy they are. I would imagine they're very hard to break. Ketylos are by far my favorite hair sticks. I would recommend them.

Okay here are my sticks from Sticks and Stones . All are crowned Ketylos:

DSC02320-vi.jpg

^^^^From left to right:
1) 7 inch Ketylo Dymondwood Fuchsia hair sticks with Awed toppers.
2) 7 inch Ketylo Dymondwood Hazelnut hair sticks with Honey Hive toppers.
3) 7 inch Ketylo Dymondwood Charcoal Silvertone hair sticks with Swirls in Crystal and Black toppers (heart and spiral swirl)
4) 7 inch Ketylo Purpleheart hair sticks with Blushing Lime toppers and matching earrings.
5) 7 inch Ketylo Dymondwood Bahama Cherrywood hair sticks with Cherry Drops toppers.
6) 7 inch Ketylo Dymondwood Indigo Royalwood hair sticks with Indigo Swirls toppers.
7) 7 inch Ketylo Dymondwood Tropical Passionwood hair sticks with Alabaster Princess toppers.
8) 7 inch Ketylo Dymondwood Tahitian Jadewood hair sticks with Jolie Spring toppers.

DSC02320-vi.jpg

^^^^From left to right:
1) 7 inch Ketylo Dymondwood Fuchsia hair sticks with Awed toppers.
2) 7 inch Ketylo Dymondwood Hazelnut hair sticks with Honey Hive toppers.
3) 7 inch Ketylo Dymondwood Charcoal Silvertone hair sticks with Swirls in Crystal and Black toppers (heart and spiral swirl)
4) 7 inch Ketylo Purpleheart hair sticks with Blushing Lime toppers and matching earrings.
5) 7 inch Ketylo Dymondwood Bahama Cherrywood hair sticks with Cherry Drops toppers.
6) 7 inch Ketylo Dymondwood Indigo Royalwood hair sticks with Indigo Swirls toppers.
7) 7 inch Ketylo Dymondwood Tropical Passionwood hair sticks with Alabaster Princess toppers.
8) 7 inch Ketylo Dymondwood Tahitian Jadewood hair sticks with Jolie Spring toppers.

Pretty!
How many sticks do you have missy?

wavezncurlz, *blushes* I'm so ashamed. I have enough hair sticks to match every outfit... :nono: When I really like something I really like something and can be quite obsessive too. :look:

I've cut back on buying hair sticks though. I have enough. I don't see my self buying anymore within the next few months. I'm satisfied with my collection. I like Ketylos the best and would say a great deal of my collection consists of Ketylos.

DSC02320-vi.jpg

I'm so envious of all your hair toys. I thought I had a lot! But I only have like 1 of everything. One pair of hair sticks (Barefoot Maiden, had a cheap pair from Ebay and one broke), one single hair stick (Timberstone Turnings), one Ficcare, one hair fork. I had a pair of AliaRose hair sticks but the topper broke off of one of them. :( The only reason I have a lot of Flexi8s is because I was doing videos for them for a minute and they gave them to me.

I definitely want to get something in the Charcoal Silverstone so I have a neutral black/gray color. Everything I have now is colored.

mwedzi, the Charcoal Silvertone would look so nice on you. I have a lot of colorful hair sticks too but it's nice to have those neutral colors for days that you don't feel like being as "flashy", lol! You have a very nice hair toy collection yourself and you wear them so well, especially those Ficcares.

Today I'm wearing 7 inch Ketylo Dymondwood Bahama Cherrywood hair sticks with Cherry Drops toppers from Sticks and Stones :

DSC02333-vi.jpg

^^^These are my only red Ketylos and I adore them. They remind me of something yummy, like the cherry flavored slushies from Dairy Queen, lol, lol!

Back