The Events of CHRIST'S RETURN

EssentialGrowth said:
My point is, just because one claims to be putting faith in the ransom sacrifice of Jesus Christ does not mean he will be "saved". Just because one attends chruch several times a week and pays tithes, does not guarantee everlasting life as is promised in the Bible. It is up to Jehovah God to make that decision; this is why I responded the way I did earlier. If you believe that is reason enough for me to be added to your ignore list, so be it.

Have a good one! :wave:
You are correct!!! I didn't say anything about how many times I go to church or pay my tithes or all that other stuff!!! I'm saved because I believe in the Lord!!!

Read Romans 10:9-13 about how to be saved!!! ;)

9that (L)if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and (M)believe in your heart that (N)God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

10for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

11For the Scripture says, "(O)WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED."

12For (P)there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is (Q)Lord of (R)all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; 13for "(S)WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

EssentialGrowth said:
Do what you must...but Zephaniah 2:3 is not referring to sinners as you suggest, but rather is referring to the righteous.

Reads the scripture: "seek Jehovah [God], all YOU meek ones of the earth, who have practiced His own judicial decision. Seek righteousness, seek meekness. PROBABLY YOU may be concealed in the day of Jehovah’s anger."

My point is, just because one claims to be putting faith in the ransom sacrifice of Jesus Christ does not mean he will be "saved". Just because one attends chruch several times a week and pays tithes, does not guarantee everlasting life as is promised in the Bible. It is up to Jehovah God to make that decision; this is why I responded the way I did earlier. If you believe that is reason enough for me to be added to your ignore list, so be it.

Have a good one! :wave:

I'm confused...why the attack??

So is that all you need: "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

You can be as backbiting and hypocritical as you want, but if you call on the name of Jesus you're saved and going to Heaven?

*I am of course referring to the general you & not you Poohbear.

Poohbear said:
You are correct!!! I didn't say anything about how many times I go to church or pay my tithes or all that other stuff!!! I'm saved because I believe in the Lord!!!

Read Romans 10:9-13 about how to be saved!!! ;)

9that (L)if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and (M)believe in your heart that (N)God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

10for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

11For the Scripture says, "(O)WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED."

12For (P)there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is (Q)Lord of (R)all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; 13for "(S)WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

qtgirl said:
So is that all you need: "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

You can be as backbiting and hypocritical as you want, but if you call on the name of Jesus you're saved and going to Heaven?

This question is something that I intend to take up with Jesus. ;)

qtgirl said:

I know qtgirl ;) but I'll answer your question. I'm going to make a thread about hypocrisy. Check it out.

Please tell me what He says, it's something me and my husband debate all the time.

I also say that even if Hitler had asked for forgiveness and accepted Christ, he would be saved from eternal damnation. He can't fathom how all of that could be forgiven.

Koffie said:
This question is something that I intend to take up with Jesus. ;)

Hey Honeyhips - :wave: I'm not sure, but I think you were asking me if people don't agree, do they have to leave. Not at all, questions are allowed, but when the negativity comes into play, repeatedly on this board, in relation to Jesus Christ, or I feel like there is an attempt to bicker, that is not welcomed. It can be done on the Off Topic board. This isn't really a spirituality board like some people tried to pressure me to create, but a Christian fellowship board. Bev​

Last edited:
And the "christianity forum" is only for those who believe in the bible 100%. If you or anyone else does not believe 100% in the bible this forum is not the place for you.

Well what about those who are beginning their journey with the Lord but have no FULL understanding of the Bible? I know I sure don't and don't profess to. And as I don't understand it fully then I can't possibly believe in all of it as I haven't grasped the true meaning of it in order to embrace, accept it and believe.

I don't believe in Christ any less as a result of it though. If that's the case as to who should and shouldn't post on the forum then I'm assuming that most of the women shouldn't be posting here, because there are many a thread and a post asking about certain scriputures and their meaning. They obviously don't understand it all, and if you don't understand then you can't believe in it 100% until you 'get it'. If every woman on this forum can honestly raise their hand and say they believe in everything in the bible, that includes understanding it all too, I'd be very surprised. Just as much as that keeps the people out that want to come in here and put down and contradict everything in the Bible, you're going to get the other side those that want to join and learn more about Christ feeling alienated if they feel themselves that they don't believe 100% in the bible but need the guidance and support to get there, that in itself can be quite damaging to someone who truly wants to learn and be here. Someone can take that 100% rule very literally, and the power of this forum is amazing. The more we are exposed to and learn the word of God we become closer to him. I don't know the bible back to front and inside out, so I can't say I believe in it 100% that would be a blatant lie. I understand the reason and need for forum rules, but in my personal opinion I find that particular rule to be harsh for the reasons I've already stated.

LondonDiva said:
Well what about those who are beginning their journey with the Lord but have no FULL understanding of the Bible? I know I sure don't and don't profess to. And as I don't understand it fully then I can't possibly believe in all of it as I haven't grasped the true meaning of it in order to embrace, accept it and believe.

/QUOTE]

Very good point :)

Back