Question The Black SUBSERVIENT Woman! HELP

DancingAlison

Hello Ladies!

I hope all is well... Anywho I am a choreographer/dancer and I am starting a new piece on my dance company called "Evolution of the Black Subservient Woman". This piece is the story/history of the morphed/shifted role reversal of gender. Now in the 20th century we as black woman find it hard to balance the true essence of womanhood and economic success. The stages of my piece will show characteristics of the black woman in different areas of the American culture. I have my own research and point of view on the current affects of this revolution today. I ask you lovely ladies to voice your opinion on this topic? What do you feel about gender roles today? Is the essence of a help mate/subservient woman taboo? What is your stance about your home and how it is being ran (this question for married women)? Single women, how would you like your house hold ran when you start your family?

Please be honest and opened, all statement or views will be helpful and I hope we can all be positive about one another's posts as this may be a touchy subject. Peace & Love!

Thank you

Back