The Best Baggy Challenge EVER!!!

I'll be ponytail baggying overnight with a roller using Oyin Whipped Pudding and Juices & Berries :lick:

Tiffers...I use to use this faithfully and it really did wonders for my hair:yep:..So it does what it says...I've never tried it with baggying, so I'll give you my results tomorrow

I thought i had something coming, but i guess tommorrow:sad:. Some afro detangler samples.
Aw, that sucks! Do you have a tracking number? When I order stuff, I stalk the UPS/USPS websites until my package is at my door :lachen:

Tiffers...I use to use this faithfully and it really did wonders for my hair:yep:..So it does what it says...I've never tried it with baggying, so I'll give you my results tomorrow
Alright! I'll be waiting! :D

How does it smell? I'm a sucker for some smell-good :)

Whole head baggying tonight with JBCO Hair Food Pomade (why can't they just call it what it is? hair grease!).

what a coink-ee-dink!! :trampolin i was jusss thinkin about how ive wanted to try this once school ended and i was out for the summer. i went to the hair store and saw this phony pony that i actually wouldnt mind rocking (was never really fond of wearing fake hair) and it occurred to me, why not baggy the entire summer and go back to school with INCREDIBLY long hair!! :woot:

ive never baggied before so before i commit can i get some testimonials? how has baggying worked for yall? :peace: (<<< i jus liked that smiley)

2) Check in every day to keep yourself accountable
This challenge will last from May 4 (this coming Monday) until August 31 :grin:
If you're in, answer the following questions:
How many times a week will you be baggying?
5x a week
What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using?
shea butter & castor oil
Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying?
whole head baggy (using the beret)

GreenKnitCap_det2.jpg

22156530_1.jpg

cameron-diaz-1.jpg

what a coink-ee-dink!! :trampolin i was jusss thinkin about how ive wanted to try this once school ended and i was out for the summer. i went to the hair store and saw this phony pony that i actually wouldnt mind rocking (was never really fond of wearing fake hair) and it occurred to me, why not baggy the entire summer and go back to school with INCREDIBLY long hair!! :woot:
ive never baggied before so before i commit can i get some testimonials? how has baggying worked for yall? :peace: (<<< i jus liked that smiley)
Baggying has worked wonders for me, hence my starting this challenge :giggle:

It really helps with length retention and I love waking up to soft, swangy, moisturized hair. With baggying, you don't need to use a lot of product, so your moisturizers last a lot longer.

You really don't have anything to lose, you'll see for yourself how wonderful it is when you feel your hair after baggying :love:

2) Check in every day to keep yourself accountable
This challenge will last from May 4 (this coming Monday) until August 31 :grin:
If you're in, answer the following questions:
5x a week
shea butter & castor oil
whole head baggy (using the beret)
GreenKnitCap_det2.jpg

22156530_1.jpg

cameron-diaz-1.jpg

Missi, where did you find those? I've been trying so hard to find one online

I'm reporting in - whole head baggy tonight with Wave Nouveau and coconut oil... I've been baggying since Monday night - my is some awful soft...I've been having the HIAD...I'm loving this....my hair is loving it.

I totally dismissed baggying after I tried it (admittedly a whole head baggy) and I woke up with super damp hair, but perhaps I was being a bit short sighted, and I'm thinking of maybe trying it again.

However I don't want to wear a pony tail right through the night, so what other way could I do it? :perplexed:

I'll give this a try! I haven't baggied in AGES.

5. LOL.

I will be using S-Curl, Oyin Greg Juice, or Blended Beauty Silkshake. I will use a heavier moisturizer like Jane Carter Nourish & Shine, Mixed Chicks Leave-in, or Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles after. And of course, Coconut or Castor Oil after moisturizing.

I'll alternate.

I am baggying again today. I found out yesterday that I can not baggying all night. I woke up in the middle of the night burning up. I took my plastic cap off, and I was good. So... all day baggying it is.

I totally dismissed baggying after I tried it (admittedly a whole head baggy) and I woke up with super damp hair, but perhaps I was being a bit short sighted, and I'm thinking of maybe trying it again.
However I don't want to wear a pony tail right through the night, so what other way could I do it? :perplexed:
Why don't you wanna wear a ponytail through the night? Do you sleep on your back? If so, you could wear the pony on the very top of your head :)

Sorry to hear that Cream Tee. This was the reason for me not continuing with baggying when I initial tried it a year or so ago. I later learned that I was using too much product(moisturizer and oil) and since using less this time around I am have much success w/baggying. Is it possible for you to baggy doing the day with a ponytail?

Ladies, I have to tell you. I was in a bad mood after class today, so I decided to walk home (walking always cures my bad moods). So, I had my baggy on, and I walked a good 3-4 miles. I just got home, and WOW, my hair feels so moist (yeah, I know it's sweat) and soooooo soft. I think walking + baggying might just be my thing.

I put my ends in the baggy then put the ponytail holder around the baggy not my hair. Got that idea from the baggy bun link in the op. Then I cover my head with either my satin bonnet or scarf. It's loose but stays in all night.

i'm doing an experimental whole head baggy tonight. i've never done it before. i did my standard nightly rosewater and glycerin, healthy hair butter, coconut oil, and castor oil on edges and ends. pinned my hair up into two braids and put a plastic cap on. if i like how my hair feels in the morning i'll come back and officially join/ answer the questions.

Hi everyone - I'm using my standard staples for now - the Wave Nouveau moisturizer and sealing with coconut oil. Whole head baggy..its working great..

So far, so good! I sprayed some Greg Juice on, followed with the Nourish & Shine, and put on a plastic cap for about an hour. My hair felt good.

Why don't you wanna wear a ponytail through the night? Do you sleep on your back? If so, you could wear the pony on the very top of your head :)

I'm scared the ponytail through the night will weaken my hair over the time. I've had breakage at the nape before which I've now corrected so I don't want to set myself back.

Sorry to hear that Cream Tee. This was the reason for me not continuing with baggying when I initial tried it a year or so ago. I later learned that I was using too much product(moisturizer and oil) and since using less this time around I am have much success w/baggying. Is it possible for you to baggy doing the day with a ponytail?

Yes, I think I could do it during the day. Not sure about the whole day though.

I put my ends in the baggy then put the ponytail holder around the baggy not my hair. Got that idea from the baggy bun link in the op. Then I cover my head with either my satin bonnet or scarf. It's loose but stays in all night.

Now that is a good idea. If it's loose then it could work. Thanks. :yep:

I'm thinking about joining this challenge.:look: I might try this with Surge 14, WOC,(my protein and moisturizer-this worked well for me when I wore braids) and Castor Oil.

baggied last night with my DT/WR co mix and sealed with Nutiva coconut oil. Either today or tomorrow, I am purchasing some ponytail holders and pins.

Back