The Best BAGGY CHALLENGE Ever 2010! Cycle One (Jan - June)

checking in, and still bagging all day and all night, even when I go out. I just wear my hat over it!

I am doing the baggy challenge on the side. I have never done a whole head baggy before last week. I have never stretched to 10 weeks which I will be tomorrow. Last week I couldn't wait to relax but after baggying all last week, my hair feels soft and is laying down like I don't need a relaxer at all. I'm so glad I tried this. I used Giovanni Direct leave-in and sealed with coconut oil. A couple of days I used up my Kiehls leave-in and sealed with sweet almond oil. I am amazed at the difference in my hair. I am too excited.
:dance7:

Last edited:
I've been baggying my hair everyday now with Mizani H2O Intense Night-Time Treatment and BWC leave-In/daily moisturizer. My hair is super soft now too and feeling quite lovely.

Been baggy/phonytailing during the day and whole head baggying @ night all week. Using infusium & NTM and sealing with CO/EVOO mix.

I may start TRYING to ponytail baggy.... I still don't think my hair is long enough though... until then, I'll be whole-head baggying overnight tomorrow.

I know its not January... I know this... but I def am game for this. Since I've BC'ed I've been baggying b/c I know how much my natural hair loves moisture (my relaxed hair would get mushy). So lately I've been wetting my hair constantly... I now take like 2-3 showers a day.. it's crazy, I just love the feel of water rushing down on my hair! Then I've been alternating between combinations of G-99.5 Curl Activator (just Glycerin and water; Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1, Elasta QP Mango Butter (olive oil); Blue Magic Olive Oil; Africa's Best herbal Oil with ginseng, Africa's Best Maximum Strength Super Gro with Ginseng, Aveda Brilliant Styling Creme... under a good ole' plastic shower cap then my satin bonnet. This is how I've been going to bed since my BC [granted that BC only happened on Sunday], but so far my hair has thrived. It craves moisture, moisture, moisture... and I have protein for when my hair tells me it needs it.

so if I were to join this challenge.... all late and such :look: I would be doing it at least 4 nights a week, full head baggy (shower cap) while I slept.. so between 4-9+ hours (yes I have a weird sleep pattern lol).

PerfectScore Im joining late with you! I just joined the board and I want to bun baggy...3-4nights a week, while I sleep...Im gonna use a little water/olive oil and rice bran oil...I'll check back in next sunday.....

I'm starting today. I just plan on spraying my ends with rosewater, baggying them and sealing with coconut oil in the evenings. I will later roll my hair before bedtime.

Just checking in, I've been constantly baggying since I started this challenge for a month or so now.

I baggy mostly every night. I use EVCO, or WGO and now I'm using a $50.00 bottle of mixed chicks leave in conditioner that I had bought and threw under the sink. I m such a PJ and therefore very wasteful. So as I baggy I'm trying to use up all of the prods I've bough and forgotten about.

The Mixed chicks is very hydrating and when I wake up in the morning my hair is very moisturized. I swear I have seen growth in just a month and I'm happy .

I've officially switched to Hawaiian Silky. I'll probably alternate with African Royale braid spray to use it up.

baggying (whole head) right now... using a tiny bit of Suave Humectant (a bit of a gamble but I was being too lazy to look for my leave-ins) and sealed with EVOO...

Checking in. I've baggied every nite this week and two of those days I actually baggied the whole day since I wasn't going anywhere. This week I did change my moisturizer to an ayurvedic tea spritz mixed with VO5 conditioner and I seal with a mix of coconut and amla oil after putting my hair in about 8-15 braids. It depends on how I'm feeling. My hair really loves ayurvedic stuff and with that added to the baggy method my hair is in heaven.

What is your tea spritz?

I have got to get back to baggying regularly. My hair is feeling the fact that I haven't been. It is dry and hard as hell. Right now, I am conditioning my hair. I was going to do a rod set, but I would be concerned about saving the style. So, I'm off to YT to find a good, professional, protectve style that I wont have to redo everyday that will last through daily baggying, an interview, and the gym.

Still baggying every night. I think baggying has really helped with retention since I'm transitioning. I don't have any breakage when I take my braids down. I love baggying!:grin:

I am using up old stash during this challenge. I did not wash on yesterday as I usually do. So, I washed today. My hair felt as though it had quite a bit of build up. I don't usually have this feeling. So before washing I saturated my hair with Cowboy Magic Concentrated Rosewater Conditioner, Demineralizer and Detangler. I wanted to be sure my hair would not get matted or tangled because of the products. I had the best wash day ever. Very quick, little to no hair loss. (wash day is usually when I lose the most hair) I am amazed.

I rinsed the conditioner
washed with Roux Shampoo once
washed with Aphogee Moist Shampoo, once
applied and rinsed Aphogee 2 min Reconstructor
applied Aphogee Leave in Vitamin Conditioner
applied Cowboy Magic, this time as a leave in
topped with QP Mango Butter
wrapped hair into usual bun

My hair feels great, and it was so easy to comb!

I've baggied almost every single night since starting this challenge but I've got a huge question (I apologise if someone asked/answer this before) - Is anyone's hair all stinky? :blush: I'm using a shower cap at night and I think maybe it's the cause of sweating whole night, but next morning when I take off my shower cap - phew!! :lachen: Do you think I should punch little holes in the shower cap so that my hair/scalp can breathe a bit or would that defeat the purpose?

Back