The Best BAGGY CHALLENGE Ever 2010! Cycle One (Jan - June)

Checking in too. I've been baggying consistently since I started this challenge.

Is it just me or can it possible that my hair has grown in these last 2 weeks ?

and it's in moisture heaven.

I know I am too late to join this challenge, but I will be starting to baggy my tufts from tomorrow onwards. I will add what I will be using tomorrow!!

Checking in. I've been wearing my hair in two french braids instead of a ponytail lately so, I've been baggying my whole head. Moisture level of my hair is fantastic!

I've gone back to using African Royale Braid spray. This weekend I need to whip more shea/coconut so I can use that to seal when I take my baggy off.

I'm doing this along with that 'longhairdontcare' challenge, so I'm keeping my twists/cornrows in for 4 weeks at a time. I thought my hair was going to get really frizzy, but it's not too bad. I've had this hair style for 2 weeks now.

lys

Yes! Me too!

I have already been baggying under wigs and scarves 5 days out of a week for the past 3 weeks due to the freezing cold weather. I'm baggying now!

How many times a week will you be baggying?

7 nights a week and 3-4 full days a week.

What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using?

I am still experimenting w/ moisturizers, but recently I have liked using Aubrey Organics Honesuckle Rose as a leave-in. I'm thinking about giving S-Curl another try, Nonie's method. And I am trying to stick with Jamaican Black Castor oil scalp massages to see if that will help my thinning hair

Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying?

Whole head, all the way; plastic conditioning cap under scarves or wigs

Last edited:
Checking in. I haven't checked in 2 weeks because of surgery and the commotion of moving into my new apt. I need more shower caps and evoo, I just ran out of both. But I have seen some growth since baggying more now. Well she yall next week.

Hope yr doing ok after the surgery!:yep:

With complete honesty, I admit that I have been slacking on my baggying. My ends are super moist right now so it would almost be unnecessary but I am determined to retain at least 95% of my growth this year. I washed my hair yesterday. Tonight I will moisturize and baggy the ends in a bun with QB Cocoa Detangling Ghee (need to use this stuff up!) and seal with EVOO & JBCO. Diluted Aussie Moist for the length.

Just wanted to check in! I love bagging, my hair between the braids are staying nice and moist. I am so eager to see my progress in June! I am about 5-6 in of my natural hair now!

Just wanted to check in! I love bagging, my hair between the braids are staying nice and moist. I am so eager to see my progress in June! I am about 5-6 in of my natural hair now!

5-6 inches? wow...are you natural, transitioning or just on a super long stretch?

Okay ladies, I am back to baggying, I wore my twist out all of last week and didnt want it messed up. This week I am in the phony pony, so it will be 24/7 baggying for the week.

the week is young but I'm already seeing that I might not make my 4x baggying this week... you never know tho!

I will say that since I've started baggying semi-regularly that my hair is felling super soft all the time... this has REALLY REALLY helped in these last few weeks of my 30wk stretch.

I got my Senegalese Twists done last week. Still baggying every night.:yep: I'm thinking about going back to Worlds of Curls moisturizer. I've been baggying with Surge 14 and Sta Sof Fro lately but I want to use a moisturizer that doesn't contain cones. I think the protein/moisturizer combination has really helped with retention and growth. I also think baggying while wearing hats in the winter keeps my hair protected from the harsh winter weather. I love baggying!:grin:

Checking in!
I skipped the baggy on Monday night. My hair was flatironed, so I pincurled it under my scarf. I definitely noticed the difference in the moisture level of my hair when I took off my scarf in the morning.

So last night, I resumed my baggying, and I will be doing it every night this week.
I'm still using QB AOHC under there, and sealing/bunning as soon as the baggy comes off.

I also stopped using my Mizani Nighttime Intense/TW Mist baggying mix, but I don't remember why. :perplexed

I will say that since I've started baggying semi-regularly that my hair is felling super soft all the time... this has REALLY REALLY helped in these last few weeks of my 30wk stretch.

yes! i'm only 5 weeks post texlax but my hair is so soft from regular moisturizing/sealing in sections and baggying that even though I vowed to never do it again last month.....I may actually attempt another long term stretch/

last time i lasted 26 weeks but after week 24 things were so bad i was a wreck.....but this time...if i keep my moisture game on point and stop being so stubborn about my hair's protein sensitivites...then another 6 month stretch could go a WHOLE lot smoother :gorgeous: gonna play it by ear, listen to my hair's needs, and stay consistent with my low manip, high moisture reggie

I also think baggying while wearing hats in the winter keeps my hair protected from the harsh winter weather. I love baggying!:grin:

double ditto. ive gotten so much yummyness from baggying under my winter hats that im almost dreading having to give that up in the Spring (but not quite lol)

I LUV this challenge...wow...what a baggy can do to a sista's head. I wake up in the AM, and my hair is soooo soft...my ends are saying...THANK YA!! Can't wait to see it w/the JBCO. Luv luv luv the baggy!!

yes! i'm only 5 weeks post texlax but my hair is so soft from regular moisturizing/sealing in sections and baggying that even though I vowed to never do it again last month.....I may actually attempt another long term stretch/

last time i lasted 26 weeks but after week 24 things were so bad i was a wreck.....but this time...if i keep my moisture game on point and stop being so stubborn about my hair's protein sensitivites...then another 6 month stretch could go a WHOLE lot smoother :gorgeous: gonna play it by ear, listen to my hair's needs, and stay consistent with my low manip, high moisture reggie

double ditto. ive gotten so much yummyness from baggying under my winter hats that im almost dreading having to give that up in the Spring (but not quite lol)

Oh wow...yeah...under the hat...I'm going to have to remember that!

Oh wow...yeah...under the hat...I'm going to have to remember that!

for some reason the quotation box didnt show up when you quoted my last post and for a sec i was like "wow - sounds like she and i are in the exact same boat"

then i realized you were quoting me :lachen:

so yeah...it's officially time for me to go to bed cause i'm getting loopy lol :look:

Glad the baggying is treating you so well!!! Adding JBCO is gonna make it even more amazing :lick:

I think I will baggy my hair and ends about 2-3 days a week seeing that I just made up my mind not to trim them for a while during my transition to texlaxed hair. I need to keep them moist to prevent the natural new growth hair from breaking off.

baggying tonight with HE LTR and sealing with my new mix of Shea Butter & JBCO (whipped together in creamy goodness) I'll baggy again tomorrow with the same mix and that will put me at 3x this week... close enough to my 4! (yay me!)

@bluetopia: I know for a fact that I will be baggying thru all my stretches from now on!

I've been baggying every night this week and my hair has turned around dramatically! I had serious dryness issues before and my ends would always break off. Not anymore! Will be DC and shampooing tomorrow!

I'm just checking in....
I've been baggying like every night this week so far (except for monday)
I've been using Claudie's Ends Insurance #2 and sealing with Vatika Frosting.

Back