The Best BAGGY CHALLENGE Ever 2010! Cycle One (Jan - June)

Hi Blue: Please add me to the Challenge.:grin:

I will be Baggying 3-5 times a week with a Creamy Leave-In Moisturizer and Sealing with some type of Oil and/or Butter.

i.e. Olive, Coconut, Wheat Germ, Jojoba, Sweet Almond...(Both the Moisturizers, Butters and the Oils are all stuff I have on hand that I am trying to use up).:yep:

So, this should be a 'productive Challenge for Me':look:

Thanks

I restarted bagging my end while wearing my phoney pony again. Do you bag your whole head outside of dcing? I never tried that. Or only when dcing?

I baggy my whole head outside of DCing. Like right now, I recently got in the house, I'm going to spritz my braid spray on, then put on my shower cap. I'm going to cover it with a scarf so my roommates don't look at my crazy. I'll keep it on till I have to leave the house tomorrow.

I'm doing the happy dance right now.:yay: I have extremely tangly hair, and usually when I'm in twists the ends loc up. But at this new moisturized state the two strands are holding together, but i can unravel them easier.:yay: I'm wondering how many of my issues were due to dryness!:ohwell:

Qurly I just added you to the list! So you're all set.

Ladies - I've made my first "tweak" of the year. At first I was baggying at night...waking up with yummy moisturized hair..then slappin on my satin wig cap and rocking my HW all day w/o baggying. I did this because the baggy makes noise under the HW when you touch it so it made perfect sense only to do it at home.

Well....here's the problem...by the time I got home at night my hair would be super dry :ohwell: Anyone who's read my testimonial knows I'm recovering from protein overload caused by Phyto. So my dryness issues are mostly attributed to that. But last night I got to thinking that I really don't like going from the extremes of soft and yummy hair in the morning to dry and coarse hair after work.

And I think the reason this was happening is because my hair would still be a bit damp in the morning when i put on the satin cap and since it's Winter time...it would just dry up in a crunchy state under my HW throughout the day.

So now l've switched it up. Last night I moisturized and sealed my hair and then wrapped it in a scarf with no baggy. Unlike outside...my house is nice and warm so when I woke up this morning it felt great! :lick:

From now on I will be baggying during the work day under my HW and at night will moisturize and seal again and make sure my hair is dry before wrapping it up for bed.

I still have the noisy bag issue...but at work no one touches my head like that so its no biggie. If I ever need to baggy for a social gathering I'll just wrap my head in saran wrap instead cause I hear that makes no noise at all.
Saran wrap will do the trick. I wear wigs/half wigs all the time and almost always have a baggie underneath. ESPECIALLY in the winter.

The way I do it is, I put my hair in a ponytail, position depending on the style of the wig/half wig (to prevent any lumps). Then I wrap the plastic around the whole ponytail, leaving some excess plastic below the ponytail. Then I wrap the plasticc-covered ponytail around in a bun, making it as flat and close to my head as possible. I continue until I get to the excess plastic and tuck that into the bun.

Or

I put my hair in a flat bun and then wrap the plastic around the whole bun.
HTH!

So since I've started this baggying challenge I've realized that I'm now going to have to incorporate more protein in my regime because after just a week my hair is starting to feel mushy when it's wet!

So to nip it in the bud, I'm gonna do a protein DC in the morning and just DC twice a week from now on... 1 protein and 1 moisture... no prob!

Other than that, things are going well... I think I'm going to up my committed number of times I baggy a week to 4 starting now!

I have a question for you ladies. I'm new to the forum and had a question about baggying and using an oil to seal. I spray my hair each night with a moisturizer, bag and sleep with a satin scarf on my head. When I wake up in the morning, my hair is nice and moisturized. However, I've been reading some threads/posts about using an oil to seal the moisture in your hair. Do you think this is an absolute necessity if I bag my entire head each night?

I wish all you you ladies long, soft and moisturized ends! LOL! Baggying truly does wonders for the ends!

Still doing whole head baggying every night with Surge 14 and Sta Sof Fro. I'm thinking about using Infusium 23 along with the SSF.

hmmmm, i was looking at some macadamia nut oil the other day in the store. What are the benefits of it? Have you been using it for a while?

I whole head baggied last night and again, I used my Hawaiian silky 14 in 1 with grapeseed oil. This in combination with the cayenne challenge should really allow me maximum growth AND maximum retention. yipeeee:yep:

You know, I think macadamia oil is the secret to smooth, silky hair. No wonder the Redken Smooth Down products are the only thing that can get my hair so straight when I flat iron my hair :yep:

I just started using this product this week and I :love: it! My ends were so smooth, soft, and downright decadent. It has vitamin e, argan oil, and macadamia oil in it (and er...cones, heh heh :look:)

I wish all you you ladies long, soft and moisturized ends! LOL! Baggying truly does wonders for the ends!

:eek: Yup, I am in!!:grin:

I plan to baggie 5-7 days a week. I will baggie my ponytail most of the time with either Biolage or Joico.

I will attempt to whole head baggie with half wigs (if I can ever get used to wearing a half wig :ohwell:)

I have ponytail baggied every night this week, and my ends are thanking me.:grin: Tonight my hair is still damp from washing so no Baggy.:sad:

about to moisterize and baggy. this internet is evil. i'm sleepy and can't pull myself away. goodnight ladies, happy growing.

Hope you ladies enjoyed your weekends! It's been about a week and I can already feel a wonderful difference in my hair. Looks like I'm gonna be baggying my way to BSL :yep:

Checking in!
This past week, I baggied four times overnight, as well as anytime I was just hanging out in my house. Which was almost all the time. I'm also baggying right now. :grin:

I've been using Amla and Olive Heavy Cream under my baggy, and even though it gives my hair wonderful moisture and smells nice, it is a little too much for my fine and relaxed hair. I bun daily, so weighed down hair isn't an emergency or anything. But once it's done, I probably won't be rebuying it, and may instead try its lighter counterpart, the Burdock Root Butter Cream.

As for the baggying itself, there are no issues. I use a grocery bag mostly (gotta recycle) although sometimes, I will use saran wrap or a shower cap. I always cover the baggy with a satin scarf, and my hair comes out moist and soft every time. Not too wet and not too dry. In the morning, I take off my baggy, seal my hair, and bun it. Then I tie back on my scarf until it's time to go. My hair usually stays soft all day.
I loves to baggy. :yep:

I have a question for you ladies. I'm new to the forum and had a question about baggying and using an oil to seal. I spray my hair each night with a moisturizer, bag and sleep with a satin scarf on my head. When I wake up in the morning, my hair is nice and moisturized. However, I've been reading some threads/posts about using an oil to seal the moisture in your hair. Do you think this is an absolute necessity if I bag my entire head each night?
The purpose of the oil is to lock the moisturizer into your hair so that it stays moisturized. When you have your hair in a baggy, the plastic keeps the moisture (and heat from your head) locked in. That being said, the oil is not necessary while your hair is in the baggy, unless you're using a particular oil for a particular purpose. I, for example, sometimes seal with castor oil since I am also focusing on thicker hair.

If you remove your baggy and would like to bun for example, then it would be a good idea to seal. In this case, your hair would be exposed to the air and moisturizer alone will evaporate from your hair more quickly.

Some people seal with oil in their baggies, some don't. Do what works for your hair!

1. How many times a week will you be baggying? Daily S
2. What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? Pantene Pro V Daily moisturizing creme and MSM creme Vitamin E Oil and Coconut Oil
3. Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? I will be whole head baggying since i'm half wigging it till June.

Question? When Baggying do you fully saturate the hair or do you keep the moisture light and let the bag do the rest of the work? Because i've been drenching my hair with moisturizer

Sure. Count me in!

1. How many times a week will you be baggying? At least 5x/wk
  2. What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? probably Mega Growth Break Free and seal with JBCO.
  3. Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? Mostly ponytail.

I have 95% of my hair in 8 cornrows and I baggy that in the evening. During the day, I have been wearing my half wig.

I may try to baggy day and night. We'll see...

Still baggying daily. I love to bag my whole head. I do my daughter too, keeps me from having to comb her hair in the AM when she has ponytails. Hair is doing wonderful!

Well, I have been baggying every night since I joined the challenge last week (full head since I am in twists) and I can't believe the difference in my hair. It is soooo soft and this is the first time I have every had twists that have a little swang. :lick: They usually would lie still or however I would point them and stay that way.:blush:

I am already loving this challenge. And did I mention I have had these twists in for almost a week with nearly no frizz? I have to say it's because of the baggy.

^^^i saw your avi and thought you were nikos! i wz like, why nikos posting in the baggy thread?! ain't nothing poppin off and when somethin pops off svt is on the case.

i'm sleep deprived.

I know I'm late but I'm in. I just discovered that my natural hair loves being baggy'd
This didn't work well for me when I was relaxed.
1. How many times a week will you be baggying? 5 or 6
2. What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? Bee Mine JUICY Spritz. It's got all the right ingredients and I love it.
3. Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? Whole Head.

Ponytail baggying nightly with Mizani overnight treatment and whatever water-based moisturizing spray I grab for the night. My hair is pretty happy.:grin:

Like "GrowingHair", I have been in twists all week and bagging nightly w/coconut oil, missed one night had to go out of town unexpectedly and wasn't prepared. But it has been awesome for the hair. LOVING THIS CHALLENGE. Am about to take the twists out and wash/DC and twist up again, and baggy of course!

This past week, I fell off my baggying routine and only baggied twice... next week I need to step my game up and consistently do it 4 times a week from here on out!

Back