• Mid back length

Votes: 55 6.1%
  • Waist length

Votes: 28 3.1%
  • Beyond waist length

Votes: 16 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm full BSL, actually a few inches past BSL but not MBL.:grin: I was APL when I came to this site, but suffered a few setbacks.

I'm just curious. Someone mentioned wanting to know this in another thread so i looked it up but couldn't find anything, hence this poll.
I would like to know how long everyone's hair is and how long it has taken to get there and from what length.

I voted beyond waistlength.
Great poll! I have wondered this myself and didn't know how to ask it. This is very clear.

1. I am beyond waistlength
  2. I started at apl/bra strap (dry crunchy)
  3. It took me about two (2) years to get [some hair] to waistlength and about 3.5 years to get to full, thick waistlength and beyond (I think!)

I am WSL, I started off with a fresh layered necklength cut took 2yrs and 9 months to reach WSL, ending up cutting 51/2 in off and now 8 months later I am WSL again.

It took me 1 1/2 years from 1/4 inches all over after a BC in May of 07 to a little over shoulder length now.

Im hoping for APL by December. Do you think that's possible...?

I am scissor happy and just cut my hair from collar bone length (in the back) a little past chin length on the sides. I only cut the back to neck legnth and about one inch from the sides.

i am now shoulder lenght. just a tiny bit past it actually. i have to post pics soon because i've come a long way since joining.

Took a 2 years to grow healthy hair to this lenght including set backs.

I started on my hair care journey January 2007 and I had just gotten a trim that put me solidly and evenly around an inch below shoulder length. (wish I had pics). By July of 2007 I was at APL. Went through a period of life changes that resulted in hair lazy..got off supplements, growth aides and committing various LHCF sins but managed to get by without a major setback. Began to refocus on hair care June of 08 and reached BSL in October of 08.

So it took me 22 months to go from SL to BSL and hoping it takes me me 12 to go from BSL to WL (I'm a shorty) We'll see what happens.

Well ... I haven't straightened my hair since I BC'd in September 2008, but I would guess that I'm definitely below shoulder but not quite APL.

i've just B.C.'ed so i'm shorter than ear length..but before I cut, I was at SL. that was my stuck point...couldn't seem to get past my shoulders. :(

My next length check will be around April 23, but for now I voted that I'm between SL and APL. Hope to be full APL soon!

I was BSL until I trimmed off about 1-2" of split ends, now I think I am about BSB, which is just above my BS. I voted BSL anyway.

I'm relaxing on April 17th, 2 days before being officially 17 weeks post.....But I'm sure I'll still be somewhere between SL and APL.

I bc'd just over a month a go I'm btwn nl & sl as my hair is in random layers - when stretched

Last edited:
I voted shoulder length because I havent reached full SL yet. The back of my hair is between SL and APL. My last relaxer was 15 months ago and I BC'd 7 months ago. So yea...15 months of growth.

my hair is APL... even though i don't like voting for anything that is technically shorter than my hair. I'm not in between! I'm APL d@mmit!

I"m approaching BSL Ihave a few strands touching it...it took me 2 years and 5 months...from .5 inches of hair..

I started in June 2007 at dry, brittle c-thru SL. I cut to chin length in January 2008 and as of January 2009 I am between SL and APL.

Back