THE APL CLASS OF 2011!

LET ME JOIN! although im in the dec 2010 apl challenge. im starting to think "im might never get there" ...grrrrr so rather than being upset let me beleive in getting there in 2011. i better start doing more to my hair..maybe?

well start pic (it was in may andis just a little longer now) my hubby pulled some layers last night..i was really close to apl BUT! i said "some" small layers...if they break it'll be like i never had them.

how many inches do you think i got left? i never measure.

regimen: wash 1 x week (co wash)
DC 1 x week
moiturize everyday and seal (any oils,olive,almonde,coco,depends on wwhat ive got on hand)
most of the time (90%) in protective styles! if i had done this before i'd be apl length or really close!
vitmins: wheat germ capsules and trynna look for msm or bioton (need info first).

Me want in!!! I think I can hit it by like March at the rate my hair grows if I retain every inch lol. I shall post starting pics later on my hubbys comp. but my regimen isn't really a regimen to me, though I guess it actually is one lol.

I shampoo once a week, right now I am using Alba Coconut Hair Wash, but once I use up that bottle I'm done.

I DC with AOHR, and detangle.

I always rinse in twists.

Then I add some Giovanni Direct, and seal with jojoba, grapeseed, and olive oil.

I have recently purchased, this QP Elasta Olive oil and mango butter, trying to see how that will work out, and I've been trying to juice, with a glycerin/water mix. I started this friday and so far I have a lot of film and build up on my hair, though the first couple of days my hair was butter.

But I've been natural all of 7 months, so I'm still learning and still trying to get there :)

i just started taking the Nature's Bounty hair skin and nails vitamins, I want to incorporate chlorella and garlic, but we shall see.

Here are my starting pics ... if I forgot something I'll post again lol.

dea32681.jpg

This is the most recent like a few days ago.

Photo274.jpg

This is about a month back when I documented my 6 month natural mark, my hair stops where before my the length of my nail. It's not a great length shot I know :rolleyes: lol

*************3 week update**************

HELLO LADIES!!! So i have been wetting or baggying my hair Every.single.day
and i must say that i am impressed with the results. I have been PSn to the cows come home and no i have a decent sized bun... in 3 weeks!

There is def something to this wet bunning thing. Anywho i have to say that i broke down and used heat but it was just to blow my hair out ....at first... then it wouldnt go in a decent ponytail SO I lightly flat ironed with my maxiglide on 5 and baggyed my ponytail the whole day.

Ya know, i think ima leave that blow dry alone for a long time, even when i decide to straighten it fa real i might not even use it because it leaves my hair feeling awful! I hate it! But anyway, how are my classmates coming along?

Still in my curly install and itching like a banshee! :perplexed

I hope there's some serious growth going on under here.

Im gonna go ahead and just say 2011 because i want to be fair to everyone

Ok - not January 1st then I'll commit to trying to meet that goal. I think that I'm (stretched in some places) already there but maybe full & healthy APL in 2011. That will be my high school graduation reunion year too!

Have you tried tea tree oil to sooth the itching?

Yeah that and good ol' BRX spray. Works for about 30min and then BAM! itching again. Like right now its not itching all over like usual. Just here and there. But once I get home and right when I lay down for bed, it starts itching all over.

Not too much to report - I'm in an inbetween stage with products/staples - using up the old and slowly bringing in the new. Washing a few times a week, wearing puffs - not anymore, too many tangles - air drying with braids, twists, then wearing it out.

Looking at my old picture from before my HHJ I notice my hair was close to APL sometimes APL.. I got there with little to no effort, no obsessive moisturizing, checking moisture, porosity, this that and the third... and it just got there. I'm going to dump my old regimen (takes too much effort for not much of a difference with a very simple regimen), and follow my new and improved simplified regimen. Which only going to conclude co washing 2-3 times a week, shampoo 3-4 times a month. Moisturize and seal daily. I'm just tired of the marathon. Feel way better now :)

Checking in! I found some strands on the right that have already reached APL which means I'm on schedule. My hair grows faster on my right side, but my slow side is still at SL. I'm wondering if it's a retention problem instead of a slow growing problem...Anyhoo, I need a good trim, but I'm protecting my ends until the end of the year and hoping that I get full, thick APL in January after my trim.

Trying to stick to my regimen, and investing in a half wig because I'm tired of the bun!:lol:

Count me in. I had to drop out of the 2010 challenge because I bc'd. I'll be back in December to post my starting pics for next year.

Pls count me in..

shampoo every 5 days
Dc once a week
steam every two weeks
using MT and castor oil mixes with some paper mind
moisture my hair with S. curl and coconut oil
apply mizani night treatment 3 times a week after cornrows break
Will be in cornrows and and wear wigs although i intalled a wig
relax every 12 - 16 weeks
dust every 3 months
starting pic is on my siggy

Please add me! I BC in April after transitioning for 10 months. I should be APL by the end of 2011 *crosses fingers*
________
SHIP SALE

Last edited:
I put my hair in individual braids and today is my first day with them in. I'm indoors mostly so I've kept a scarf on

:bump: Let's Go Classmates!!! :weird:

hey girl!:hiya2: I will be joining this thread with my tail between my legs because:crybaby: i probably will be apl by dec but i will be bcing in nov which will put me back a few inches. :cry4: so i wont make it till 2011. i didnt want to be too dissappointed so i figure i might as well join and mentally prepare myself now. :realitycheck:

hey girl!:hiya2: I will be joining this thread with my tail between my legs because:crybaby: i probably will be apl by dec but i will be bcing in nov which will put me back a few inches. :cry4: so i wont make it till 2011. i didnt want to be too dissappointed so i figure i might as well join and mentally prepare myself now. :realitycheck:

Don't worry girl. We'll be here to push you right along. Heck I'm grazing SL so I won't be making APL too soon myself :lachen:

Can I please Be in this class pleassssseeee I was gonna try for dec.. But realistically it will more then likely be 2011 ... So puhweeaassseee!!!

Last edited:
@nikkiq
what about me?? M only neck length, lol, but i figured, we still have 4 months til next year plus the 12 months of 2011 lol so m good! (i hope, i hope, i hope, says linda86111 til she believes herself, sigh)

^^^^Lol! You too! We're all taking it one day at a time girl. We'll get there sooner or later and move onto the next challenge with a banging head of hair :yep:

hello ladies!!!

today i had my mom press my hair so i could do another length check and i need how figuring out what length i am

thanks!

2010-08-1019_44_49.jpg

Back