THE APL CLASS OF 2011!

Ladies...APL is definitely a big milestone to breakthrough...Ya'll are inspirational in your own right! HHG!!!!!

Ladies...APL is definitely a big milestone to breakthrough...Ya'll are inspirational in your own right! HHG!!!!!

Thanks for popping in on us! Yes, APL will be a huge deal for me. The longest my hair or anyone in my family's hair has ever been is SL.

Okay, I'm back...
My (current) regimen is:
Wash 1-3x weekly with a sulfate or non-sulfate shampoo (will change once I get rid of aaaall these shampoos I have; I'm thinking of using Hair One exclusively once I get rid of the stuff I have).

CoWash whenever I feel like it (not very often) with any of my many conditioners (usually Suave Coconut, Aussie Moist, YTC or YTCucumbers).

Oil Rinse everytime I get my hair wet (unless I'm in a hurry). I use Vatika oil exclusively for this.

DC 1-2x weekly, either separate protein and moisture sessions or combined. I use YTC Mud Mask, ORS Hair Mayo, Nacidit Avocado :lick:, Capilo Milk and Honey, and AO Island Naturals among others.

I use FP Stabilizer Plus as needed. I'm natural. I know, I know! Sooo bad! But I love the way my hair feels after.

My current go-to style is a braidout. I actually prefer twistouts, but I can't get the twists tight enough :( After a Wash/CoWash/DC session, I squeeze my hair in a microfiber towel for several seconds, so my hair is between wet and damp, apply leave-in (current fave is Hask Placenta HOT creme...it comes in tubes only...grr!), "juice" of my choice (in the juicing challenge), holding product (usually ORS Lock and Twist Gel) and then braid up. I do individuals. After that, I put some Shea Butter or Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter on the ends, wait for the suckers to dry and then take down. I braid back up at night and do that until I wet my hair again.

I enjoy what I do now, but I know my regimen will change once I use all of the products I have. I mainly want to use less products and incorporate (more) ceramides into my regimen. I was SUCH a PJ when I was transitioning/freshly chopped. No more!

Oh, and my pics! These were taken 7/5/2010. Hair was freshly washed, wet, with no product. I plan on straightening sometime next week and will post some straight pics then. (I already know they aren't the best. I'm not good at taking pictures behind my back).

2010-07-05%2018.12.29.jpg

2010-07-05%2018.14.24.jpg

Planning on putting my mini twists in before heading back to school :yep: I need to get some more Organix shampoo and conditioner for weekly washes/conditioning... thinking about getting Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner for co-washes while in twists - the Organix is a heavier conditioner, I need something lighter.

Can I join?

I decided to do a major trim/cut today! I went from 1.5 inches away from APL to neck length... couldn't take the uneveness and lack of style anymore. I hope my hair grows better this time around. I learned alot from the first journey to Apl so it shouldn't be hard this time around.
Here is my starting pic:

Just checking in!! I put twist extensions in my hair this weekend. School is starting next week and I really don't have time to play in my hair every morning. I'm going to try and keep these in for 2 months.

DSC01287.jpg

How have you guys been?? I have been doing low manipulation like crazy and i keep telling myself that length checking everyday is not necessary. lol .. Im still PSin!

Hi,
Can I join? My hair is in layers and although I am in the APL by Dec 2010 challenge, I would like to have all my hair at APL, and be full APL in 2011.
Thanks.

How have you guys been?? I have been doing low manipulation like crazy and i keep telling myself that length checking everyday is not necessary. lol .. Im still PSin!

doing darn good. Took my braids out from my last install and with it wet, it looks about 3.5" from APL but I may be wrong. I'm not gonna flat iron and do a length check until the end of the HYH challenge(December). APL would be an AMAZING way to start off the new year, but I'm not holding my breath :lachen:. Going back in another install tomorrow and I can't wait!

Just checking in!! I put twist extensions in my hair this weekend. School is starting next week and I really don't have time to play in my hair every morning. I'm going to try and keep these in for 2 months.

DSC01287.jpg

I'm not in the challenge but may i ask what kind of hair did u use? I really think this is pretty! Thanks in advance :grin:

Hello,
I'm a new, and i'd like to join this class ! I live in Paris (FRANCE) so my english is not perfect.
My hair is 4a/b. My current length is SL, 12 weeks post relaxer, and i hope to be full APL by december 2011. As soon as i'm officially in, i'll post my pics.
I didn't make my decision about my regimen yet. I've just get my order from Beauty of New York. All these products are new for me and i have to try them all to see which ones work for me.
But i plan to begin with an intensive protein treatment (Aphogee 2 step) to stop breakage, to use 2xweek a mix of MT/MTG/EVOO as prepoo
Co-wash and shampoo once a week
Honey/DC after every wash
Moisturize 2xdaily
No heat at all, lace wigs and braids underneath as PS
My daily vitamins : aphogee (1), biotin(1x5mg), DHT blocker (2)
But, may be it's too much products and pills. Thank for advices !!

I WANT IN!
Im currently SL buy I think I can make APL by May *crossing fingers* as long as I stick to my PS

My current REGGIE

* Cornrowed Underneath My Wigs *

Co washing every 2-3 days, poo'ing biweekly (or as needed) DC after every wash. Sealing my ends nightly and applying growth aides and taking vitamins daily. Dusting when needed, but I tend to get scissor happy Henna once a month.

Poo's: Carols daughter or HE Hello Hydration occasionally (havent really find one I love yet)
DC/CoWash: Sauve Shea Butter and Almond. Aussie Moist ORS Hair Mayonaisse mix w/ EEVO EEO and Peppermint Oil
Protein: Aphogee Protien Treatment
Leave-ins: Any Co-wash conditioner or Cantu Shea butter leave In

Also using* MegaTek, Biotin, Coconut Oil, Shea butter, and garlic pills

making sure to take my vitamins daily and apply my growth aides

At work now so will be back with my starting pic sometime this wknd

Sorry But Not Really A Solid Reggie

I'm still juicing and baggying everyday and cowashing 3-4 times a week.

I started back on MegaTek. It's too early to tell if it's working but my scalp itches like crazy.

Hey guys!! i forgot to post my "regimen".

i am in a protective style, yarn braids until the end of my transition. so i wash with clarifying shampoo when needed and i co wash when needed. i moisturize with oyins juices and berries and seal with oyin burnt sugar pomade. i sometimes seal with virgin coconut oil. when i co wash i use aussie moist. i really cant do anything else until i am out of my ps.

just checking in...i'm juicing with hs14n1 almost daily now, i also co wash with aussie moist and/or aussie moist 3 min miracle whenever i feel like (from every 3 days to dailly, it just depends) i added a lot of wheat germ oil to my 3 min miracle and some to the conditioner so let's see how that goes. happy hair growing y'all

DSC01287.jpg

Girl you know you look good! :yep:

The side part really suits you!

Since I actually like they look/style of my short hair most of the time, I was trying to remind myself why I wanted to be APL and thought about some stuff that would really be awesome once I make it.

-Be able to pull my hair back in a nice/cute ponytail or bun (I can't remember the last time I had enough hair for a decent ponytail. Maybe the 90s?:blush: And even then it wasn't very long as I've never been past SL my entire life).
-A cute braid out/twist out that still has some decent length to it
-Have nice full twists that are long enough to pull back. I loved my kinky twist extensions and I would love to be able to get a somewhat similar effect with my real hair.

What does everyone else want to do once they make APL?

Quote:Originally Posted by ImaniWhat does everyone else want to do once they make APL?me, myself and i personally, want to:
-like you, be able to do a nice braid out that still has some lengt to it
-have people weave check me :blush:
-have hair longer than most people i know (except for maybe 1) :blush:
-have "long" sleek straight black (i'ma have to dye it) hair that blows in the wind
-have the longest hair i've ever had in my life :Rotf:

now, i know APL is nothing on this board, but IRL people gush over full SL SOMETIMES let alone APL. APL is BY NO MEANS my final stop, i got a long a$$ way to go til my length pursuit retirement, lol

Last edited:
Hi :hiya2:

Is it to late to join? Please say no.:pray:

I would like to be APL by April of 2011. My regimine will be simple. Washing and deep conditioning once a week. Bunning, Bantu Knot outs, braid outs and roller sets.

I will post pics on my next wash day.

Hi :clap:

Me, too. Is it to late to join? Please say no.

I would like to be APL by April of 2011. My regimen will be simple. Washing and deep conditioning once a week. Co-Washing 2X/week. Bunning, Bantu Knot outs, braid outs, double strand twists and roller sets.

I will post pics on my next wash day - this Wednesday.

Back