THE APL CLASS OF 2011!

I can only keep hoping. I was expecting to reach it last year, but that somehow backfired :ohwell:. Now I won't bother too much with dates, just keep tweaking my regimen and hope I do get to APL one day. If my hair does behave this time round I can most probably make APL in 2011 though :yep:

I can only keep hoping. I was expecting to reach it last year, but that somehow backfired :ohwell:. Now I won't bother too much with dates, just keep tweaking my regimen and hope I do get to APL one day. If my hair does behave this time round I can most probably make APL in 2011 though :yep:

i'm tired of setbacks too!

Here's my starting length
003-vi.jpg

I think I'll find whoever is ranked #1 in our class, make friends with her, and start copying.....just like high school:lachen:

in there like swimwear! I'm hoping to be APL in the back by January or so, and on the sides my March. I'll update later with pictures (after I go take some.)

I'll take APL any which way I can get it in 2011. Lord knows I have no clue how my hair is gonna act now that I have given it the much needed attention it deserves.

Oh I should be graduating by then.

My Regimen includes..
Shampoo once a week
Black tea Rinse twice a week.
Deep conditioning twice a week with Lustrasilk conditioners.
Black strap molasses treatment ever so often.
Clarify once in awhile.
Aphogee every 2 weeks or so
Moisturize often.
Co wash usually 0-1 time a week with Tresemme, Suave, or another drug store brand.
Usually only air dry.
Keep ends hidden.
Don't really take vitamins or do anything outside of conditioning and washing besides relaxing every 3 months or so.

I'll see what I can do about getting a picture

Last edited:
you will get there :)

:blush:Aw shucks...thanks! I may have to tweak my regi a bit because I may get a sew-in done this week.

Currently I:
Cowash 2-3x week
Shampoo 2x month
DC weekly
Moisturize daily
Apply Bee Mine Growth Serum every other day(just started last night)

I'll join the class, I am hoping i'll make APL by dec. 2010, if not i'll be graduating 2011, praying for no more setbacks.

Starting length in siggy,

Happy Growing!!!

Last edited:
Okay sign me up! I have never been apl so it would be nice! Here is a starting pic....

Attachments

• 8a05e2f3.jpg
    8a05e2f3.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 12
i'm tired of setbacks too!

Here's my starting length
003-vi.jpg

I think I'll find whoever is ranked #1 in our class, make friends with her, and start copying.....just like high school:lachen:

Hey chica, are u relaxed? This pic looks similar to how my hair looks straight. I'm always on the search for folks w/similar hair textures. I think you can most definitely make APL in 2011. Early 2011 at that.

I'm relaxed. Do you have two different textures in your head?

I appreciate your enthusiasm.

Hey chica, are u relaxed? This pic looks similar to how my hair looks straight. I'm always on the search for folks w/similar hair textures. I think you can most definitely make APL in 2011. Early 2011 at that.

Here's pretty much my current length. I did a trim on Saturday and this pic was taken the week before but i will be sure to take a more recent pic the next time i post.
DSCN0847.jpg

this pic was taken in either April or May
DSCN0612.jpg

I wash weekly (bi-weekly at the salon)
I am using more ceramide products. I recently started doing a reconstructor twice a week which has alleviated the breaking. I moisturize my roots/scalp daily and my ends every other day. DC weekly. Recently was given some Vatika oil and can't wait to use it as my pre-poo oil.

I hope to get Full APL by early 2011 and I am super excited at the thought!!

Last edited:
I'm in!! I was wanting it sometime this year but my hair is stubborn. So to be safe I'll rock with being a 2011 graduate.

^^^ sew-ins and phony ponys for me! I haven't done a length check in a while. Should I do one to have an updated pic to post for the challenge?

Update:

I know it hasn't been that long but i think i will start wet bunning with twist to keep the SSKs away. i have been baggying and wigging it up for about a week now and i think i will continue to do this... but i will start wetting my hair everyday

Getting my sew-in done tomorrow afternoon so tonight after I shampoo, DC and flat iron...I'll take a picture and that can be my starting pic. I'm excited!!!

current length
a tad pass shoulders. I just flat iron today and its a tad longer than my avatar pic
aplclass.jpg

regimen
prepoo - coconut oil or burdock root/nettle oil
DC - AOGPB AOHSR
Shampoo 1-2x week gttt / g50:50 / dessert essence
Conditioner - AOBGA rinse / acv rinse / vo5
detangle - water & wide tooth
moisturize & seal - my spritz & melted shea butter
lock - set it free
Thinking of using a scalp growth aid not sure yet

bi daily
water
oil with jbco temples, teatree oil scalp, jojoba oil length

plan to do to graduate with your class!
I plan to protective style
Not cut unless I must
moisturize and seal
Not let conditioner cake up on my scalp
take my vitamins
use my oil
Get enough rest
Hoping to reach it by Jan. 22nd 2011

Last edited:
So here it is. Don't laugh. I know I have a LONG way to go before I get to APL.:ohwell:

Attachments

• 13 weeks.jpg
    13 weeks.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 44
Back