THE APL CLASS OF 2011!

hello ladies!!!

today i had my mom press my hair so i could do another length check and i need how figuring out what length i am

thanks!

2010-08-1019_44_49.jpg
Hell it look like u ain't much but an inch or 2 away from APL to me

^^^oooh I know I won't be all natrual APL next year. I'd only be a little over a year post next summer but I know shrinkage would be a monster. This big forehead of mine can't pull off a TWA lol

I feel you That's why I won't chop before 18 months. By next July I'll be 24months post and from what I've seen this is a pretty attainable goal. Hopefully I can make BSL (my ultimate goal) by the end of 2011, but I won't even talk about that until I hit APL.

Want to be added as well, my long term goal is the pic in my avatar. As you can see I have a lot of growing to do. :yep:

I feel you That's why I won't chop before 18 months. By next July I'll be 24months post and from what I've seen this is a pretty attainable goal. Hopefully I can make BSL (my ultimate goal) by the end of 2011, but I won't even talk about that until I hit APL.

My 18 month mark will be around my birthday next year in September (October is the 18 month mark to be exact) so depending on how long my NG is, I may BC then but I may just wait until the new year and start it out natural. My ulimate goal is MBL or WL stretched :grin:

I can FINALLY say that I have my staples! I'm officially taken and no longer looking (lol) I'm so glad too. I'm not cut out to be a PJ at all. Now I just have to be consistent in my regimen .... :look:

count me in!

i'm in the midst of a transition, and i'll keep my regimen simple. until it snows, i plan to cowash and wet bun with the usual moisturize and sealing. but when winter hits, i'll have to go to using heat and wigging it more often. it's kinda dry here

my starting point is my avatar

count me in!

i'm in the midst of a transition, and i'll keep my regimen simple. until it snows, i plan to cowash and wet bun with the usual moisturize and sealing. but when winter hits, i'll have to go to using heat and wigging it more often. it's kinda dry here

my starting point is my avatar

You look super close! Sure you won't be there by end of this year?

I'm new to the forums. I would like to join this challenge also. I'm hoping by next summer to be apl.

soooo i've found a new product i like which is great...hopefully it'll help me get to apl 2011 that much easier. I'm talking about hawaiian silky 14 n 1. I'm wondering if it'll work in the winter, though. QBBRBC was kinda expensive and i don't like ordering online soo i'll be using that for flat ironed hair only. Deuces.

MsLizziA please count me in, I think I might be APL by summer 2011. My Reggie is:

Shampoo (KC Come Clean) and DC (Crece Pelo, Bambu Silicon Mix) - once per week, DC 2 x week depending on how my hair feels
PS - Twistout (Carol's Daughter Some of Marguerite's Magic, Ms. Jessie Meringue and KCCC) , bun, keeping my hair stretched 99% of the time
Protein treatments (Aphogee 2 min) - every two weeks or depending on how my hair feels
Light trim in Dec (I had a trim last month but was not satisfied)
Henna (Jamila) - when possible
Oils - Vatika oil, hemp seed oil, tea tree oil (night treatment every other day)
Co wash (HE HH)- when required
Leave in - HS 14 in 1, KC Knot Today

The last two pictures are my before and after trim

You think I can make it?? :look:

Last edited:
Okay, I'm finally adding pictures. I really think I can make APL in the back by June 2011 and full APL by December 2011. That's my goal:).

I blow-dried my hair today in these pics:

backview_8_13_2010.jpg lengthcheck_8_13_2010.jpg
Click for larger view.​

Hey I want to join.

I plan to continue washing every week and DC when after wash. (Depending on the day, I might or might not use heat)
Since school is starting soon I don't think I am going to co-wash.
I will continue air drying and I will leave my flat iron at home so I wont be tempted.
I will be adding pictures after I relax next week.

Took out my braids and took a progress pic/measurements for this month. Its a numbers game for me. I know how many inches I need to hit every few months to be on track. So far, I'm still right on track for APL in Dec 2011:yep:

Eta: For some reason, my above statement made me think of Americas Next Top Model.."Imani...you're still in the runnings to be APL in 2011!" Lol! Excuse me, I'm silly. Carry on.

Last edited:
^^^How many inches are you achieving every month? I know I need 4" before I hit APL so I'm praying that this growth rate I have going on right now just keeps on a'truckin!

^^^How many inches are you achieving every month? I know I need 4" before I hit APL so I'm praying that this growth rate I have going on right now just keeps on a'truckin!

If I were in your shoes, I'd give myself 8 months til APL.

I think on average, I get about 3/4 inch a month. When I'm doing length goals, i give myself 1/2 inch a month, so although I think I actually grow a little more than that, I'm giving myself room for trims or any breakage mishaps.

I measure from the middle back of my head, just above the nape, I have had problems with this area for years, so its good to keep an eye on it. Right now I have about 4 inches of hair back there, and I think I need about 11.5 inches (7.5 more inches) to make APL.

If I were in your shoes, I'd give myself 8 months til APL.

I think on average, I get about 3/4 inch a month. When I'm doing length goals, i give myself 1/2 inch a month, so although I think I actually grow a little more than that, I'm giving myself room for trims or any breakage mishaps.

I measure from the middle back of my head, just above the nape, I have had problems with this area for years, so its good to keep an eye on it. Right now I have about 4 inches of hair back there, and I think I need about 11.5 inches (7.5 more inches) to make APL.

Wow you really do have it all mapped out. I need to take notes lol. I don't get a chance to do a length check very often these days. Especially now with my hair in braids. Within in the next 2 weeks, I'll probably flat iron it before my next install and measure then. Hopefully its some good news. I'd at least like to be a full SL by the end of the year.

Back