Texlaxing is Turning my Hair into A Tangled MESS (pics...)

Thanks ladies for all of your responses! They've all been so helpful! :) I've decided to continue texlaxing, and to focus more on detangling and on keeping the texlaxed hair moisturized. I think that I tend to focus most of my attention on my ends...

Thanks for all of the tips, too! I recently bought some Scurl, but I am still trying to figure out how to incorporate it into my regimen. And I have the Paul Mitchell Detangler, but for some reason I used it once and never again. I'll give it another try. I'm also going to go back to using CON shampoo (green bottle, yellow top); it used to detangle my hair really well and I still have a bottle but was sidetracked by Therappe. Also, I didn't do an ACV rinse for this past wash, but I normally do. I guess they help more with detangling than I realized so I'll make sure I don't skip those anymore. I'm going to work with these products I have and, if they don't work, I'll try some of the other suggestions.

I'm going to continue texlaxing because, as long as I'm not getting breakage, I think I'll eventually start seeing some benefits. :o

Hi HighlyFavored,

My name is Nate'. I'm new to this site and considering tex-laxing my hair. The press is great, but very restrictive if you workout and try to get cute in a short time.

Have you figured out the detangling issue?

I'm nervous about tex-laxing because I had a bad hair experience this year and can't afford another chemical nightmare.

raeshan said:
Hi HighlyFavored,

My name is Nate'. I'm new to this site and considering tex-laxing my hair. The press is great, but very restrictive if you workout and try to get cute in a short time.

Have you figured out the detangling issue?

I'm nervous about tex-laxing because I had a bad hair experience this year and can't afford another chemical nightmare.

Hey! Well, I've only just decided that I should continue transitioning to texlaxed, so i don't think I can calm your fears any right now. I'd only suggest looking at the fotkis of some women who are texlaxed and searching some of the other threads that talk about the pros and cons. But it is more work than I was expecting, so make sure you do your research first so that you can be sure it's something you want to do. I haven't yet figured out the detangling issue, but I'm going to start doing what I described in my last post. Hopefully that will work. Good luck with your decision, and welcome to LHCF!

tobisak1 said:
what is an acv rinse?

Apple Cider Vinegar rinse-the vinegar is usually diluted and rinsed through the hair to seal the cuticle and prevent/minimize tangles. Other also use ACV to clarify and/or impart shine on the hair.

HTH

{DI}

Back