Advice on texlaxing please, just this one last time, i promise. help needed....PICS!

Re: Advice on texlaxing please, just this one last time, i promise. help needed....PI

Ladies,

I have a question:

When you texlax in sections, how to you prevent the rest of the hair from getting wet?

When you texlax in sections, do you wash, wait a day to air dry, then texlax the other sections?

I don't understand this method of relaxing in sections.

Re: Advice on texlaxing please, just this one last time, i promise. help needed....PI

thats the same relaxer that took all my hair out!!! omg i'm having flashbacks
:angry2::angry2::angry2:

thank you, i plan to do very small sections becuase of the time issue, very small section than wash out and start again on another!!! i try to be very careful when doing this!! thanks!!!

Touch ups should be way easier, but since your doing a virgin that sounds like a great plan. (Since your doing a virgin wow, that sounded a little perv :perplexed) you know what I mean. LOL

Wow, please update us when you're done! Your hair looks great on the section you did.:yep:

Ladies,

I have a question:

When you texlax in sections, how to you prevent the rest of the hair from getting wet?

When you texlax in sections, do you wash, wait a day to air dry, then texlax the other sections?

Some can do their heads in half sections and can put a shower cap over the half they haven't done yet. I can't move that fast so I do quarters and I don't use a shower cap. I wash my head in the sink with the hose and try my best not to get my scalp wet. If I do then I let my hair air dry or put my hooded dryer on cool until it's dry.

It is looking good and I love the color.

Ladies,

I have a question:

I relax my hair in two sections (front and back, parted ear to ear). I pre-part my hair so that I only have to apply the relaxer. I saran wrap the section that I am not working on.

The hair does get wet so I wait a few hours for it to dry then relax the second section.

Since I stretch my apl hair for months my stylist always ends up charging me about $125 when i get touch ups :nono:

because of this I'm considering doing my own texlax after my next stretch...so I'm def subscribing to this thread.

Adora I know this decision was hard for you, and you have lots of hair left to do before you're done....but girl your hair is GORGEOUS!!!

You might end up being a texlaxing guru on here so soak in everything that you're learning and keep documenting it for the rest of us :grin:

It already looks very good!!! You will be happy with the results. I would also take it in sections to avoid over processing. Also, keep notes of what you do so that you can keep the same routine for when you touch up.

I have no insight to add about texlax, I just wanted to say, from what you've done so far, it looks like you are doing a good job. Doing your hair in sections sounds like a good idea considering the amount of hair you are working with and it's natural.Good luck with the rest of your process.

Now wait a minute, are you still texlaxing your hair? We have been waiting on pics for almost 24hrs. now LOL!!! What is the Hold Up?

Ahh you've got to love Adora - she's such a tease! :lol:

Great job very pretty!!!

bumping.................

Okay. What's going on Adora? Where are you girl?

Somebody needs to go to Adora's house and help her. Cause it does not take over 24 hours to texlax.

I hope her hair is alright.

Am i gonna have to start searching for gifs?

:look:

Adora!!!!! Come out come out wherever you aaaaarrrrrreeee!

Ahh you've got to love Adora - she's such a tease! :lol:

I know! I was all up her fotki looking too. Well I am gonna park it till she comes back.

spirit-of-seduction-s.gif

this is my fully texlaxed wet hair!!!

im alll done!!!!! yes it took a long time!

Last edited:

right now, i have it in a bun, ive been bussy around here. so i didnt do nothing with it yet lol. im still washing it. i washed it about 4 times already..........

i also trimed it!!

going to post a roller set later!!!!.....................hopefully

I know that you are fully texlaxed...Where are the pics?????:popcorn::popcorn:

I know that you are fully texlaxed...Where are the pics?????:popcorn::popcorn:

im done! i just posted my texture pictures while wet. i didnt get to styling it yet, im so bussy. i went to class yesterday with half texlaxed hair lol. i take my time when doing somthing like this. i dont want to rush.

this is the back of my hair before texlaxing.. all combed out finally....

and below is the front of my hair done!!

AAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! I love it!!!! :woohoo:....can't wait to see how you style it!!

AAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! I love it!!!! :woohoo:....can't wait to see how you style it!!

thank you!!! you know, i was soooo scared while doing this lol. thats also why it took me soo long becuase i didnt want to screw up and be bald.

when i was done, i felt like i had no hair!! it was soo light weight!! then i trimed, just to do it. but it looks better after the trim! so i dont think im waist lenth anymore lol i cut about and inch or more:ohwell::ohwell: oh well it will be back at WL in two months lol.

thanks!!!

Am i gonna have to start searching for gifs?

:look:

lol i burst out laughing when i saw this!! so funny! and here i was doing hair last night thinking "they probably making gifs right about now " lol.

I am loving the texture that you sill have! Can't wait to see the other pics.

It looks GREAT Adora!!!!!

I can't wait to see it styled!

Congratulations!!

Back