Taren Guy needs help...

*Clears throat* Ahem!

I have a GoFundMe account to make my Pinterest a reality. I am asking for $7,000,000. Seven is my lucky number and I deserve it. I will add the link when my site is up. All of the big donors will get special mentions and a box of Florida oranges. Vitamin C is important. Thanks in advance.

ETA: www.dollasmakelucieholla.com
:dighole: damn Lucie you gave me a good laugh.

ummm so I should be doing the people dem work BUT ......

there is a petition for Unilever to revoke sponsorship of Taren Guy :blush:

https://www.change.org/petitions/un...orship-of-youtube-natural-hair-guru-taren-guy

Do you think this is going a little too far?

Do we think that all the people on wheeties boxes are pure as the driven snow ?

Do we think that all the clothes and electronics and food and perfumes and jewellery and cars we buy are produced sourced by ethical means?

True shes turned out to be NOT what we would want our young girls to emulate but really !!!! This is boxing food out of the poor unborn child's mouth

the less money she got coming in is the more she gonna be trying to do desperate things to get it.

she gonna be back to staying plastered on drug dealers and possibly turning tricks again (so I read on LSA) for the salvation of this ladys pokie ... please ... this is going too far !!! #savetarenspokie

I really couldn't help but laugh, its sad though

I got the exact same vibe from her. I unsubscribed shortly after subbing also. No knowledge of her past, something just didn't feel right.

I have unsubscribed from her as well, i don't like when something raises my antenna making me suspicious. Plenty of other ethical Youtuber's out there that are not self serving out for themselves.

AppleSeed

Chiiiillleee!!! Just Messy! Being mixed, light skinned & good hurred takes you far in this world. Even if you have a trout/yukmouth and no moral compass, folks will STAN for ya. How can I be down?:nono:

The goal is to say something really nasty, but it be so subtle that she doesn't delete it. Like posting #stp. Which stands for #savetarenspokie. We will all giggle and she won't delete it.

The goal is to say something really nasty, but it be so subtle that she doesn't delete it. Like posting #stp. Which stands for #savetarenspokie. We will all giggle and she won't delete it.

do we have to actually be following her to comment?

Im not that bored to follow her just to #stp lol though that hashtag was funny to me when I wrote it :lachen:

Man its just sad, if its true about her past possibly turning tricks, Ive seen so many misguided ladies/girls (back in the day) that ended up sloring sake of wanting material things and didn't even realize it

Ok, so I had no idea that Taren was a correspondent on some news show about the issue with natural hair in the military.

All of the African American women in the military that are more than qualified to speak on that matter, and they picked Taren?

Ok...NOW I'm mad.

Ok, so I had no idea that Taren was a correspondent on some news show about the issue with natural hair in the military.

All of the African American women in the military that are more than qualified to speak on that matter, and they picked Taren?

Ok...NOW I'm mad.

Of coruse they did. She "fits" the black woman mold they wanted. Lets not mention that Taren is not really a guru. She stays damaging and cutting and coloring her hair. Her hair really looks dry to me. She never offers any good advice. Just product reviews and hair coloring. Nap has offered more in the way of info on natural hair than Taren has by far.

really? is the word pokie just known in Jamaica as a term for the vajayjay?

I've never heard of it referred to as a "pokie", but I think it sounds cute, and just knew what you were talking about. My grandma, called it a"bird" not sure why? Lol

^The women in my family refer to it as the cookie or teacup.

Don't let anyone take that cookie! Don't let anyone dip in that teacup!

Lol. My mother says "cous cous" and my aunt says "nannie" in reference to the v.

Anyway I been stopped following Taren not to long before the Kim drama. She rubs me the wrong way. When she was doing that salon series she came to my old job. She was so shocked to hear that someone could be in the natural hair business for so long and kept going on about how she had never heard of my boss. It was just rude. I also generally unfollow youtubers and internet famous people that ask for money for odd things.

Lol. My mother says "cous cous" and my aunt says "nannie" in reference to the v. Anyway I been stopped following Taren not to long before the Kim drama. She rubs me the wrong way. When she was doing that salon series she came to my old job. She was so shocked to hear that someone could be in the natural hair business for so long and kept going on about how she had never heard of my boss. It was just rude. I also generally unfollow youtubers and internet famous people that ask for money for odd things.

What kind of woman did she strike you as? I'm curious. Was she filming at the time? How rude was she to your boss? What did she mean by the natural hair business?

Folks need to quit lying. Somebody on there said " Ain't she the one that had like 4 kids with like 6 dudes?". How in the heck do you have 4 kids with 6 dudes? 2 of those dudes would've had to have been lied to.:lol:

They are making up ish.

Of course you can't have 4 kids by 6 dudes Cherrypie. I think it was a way to express that she has a ton of baby daddies.

My mom called it a cooter. And when I became a professor, the textbook for one of my classes was by an author named, Cooter. So I called it the Cooter book. I think some of my students had the same kind of mom and they'd giggle. And some of them were clueless.

Ok...NOW I'm mad.

So taren was/maybe has been a hooker? This is going to sound awful but years ago I thought something looked "off" about her in just that way. I should listen to my intuitions about people I guess

I've never heard of it referred to as a "pokie", but I think it sounds cute, and just knew what you were talking about. My grandma, called it a"bird" not sure why? Lol

Lol. My mother says "cous cous" and my aunt says "nannie" in reference to the v.

Don't let anyone take that cookie! Don't let anyone dip in that teacup!

I've heard it referred to as "coochie" I hate that. I call it Betty.

If Taren wants money for a business venture why can't she get a loan or a job. I wonder has that idea ever crossed her mind. Probably not. I mean why do things the old fashioned way when you can take advantage of gullible, naive, youtubers who want to buy into the idea of "sistas doing big things". Because that is all Taren and alot of folks on the internet and in the entertainment industry do. Taking advantage of people by playing into the belief that "we" should help each other get ahead or "we" should support a sista or brotha who is trying to move up in life. Yea, right. Hard work builds character and from some of the tea spilled about Taren she doesn't know a thing about hard work and even less about character.

If Taren wants money for a business venture why can't she get a loan or a job. I wonder has that idea ever crossed her mind. Probably not. I mean why do things the old fashioned way when you can take advantage of gullible, naive, youtubers who want to buy into the idea of "sistas doing big things". Because that is all Taren and alot of folks on the internet and in the entertainment industry do. Taking advantage of people by playing into the belief that "we" should help each other get ahead or "we" should support a sista or brotha who is trying to move up in life. Yea, right. Hard work builds character and from some of the tea spilled about Taren she doesn't know a thing about hard work and even less about character.

Another reason why this riles me up so. She is literally pimping out the "Black hair movement". You see the things she writes and its all this fake,pretentious philosophical "Look at me I'm conscience crap". Its like she pulled a card directly from MOPTOP Mavens playbook. If anybody recalls she acted the same way and did some of the same things. When things went south come to find out for all her talk she was a video "lady" and was a negligent mother and stayed trying push up on pseduo-celebs for fame. She made false businesses and stole thousands of dollars and then faked a miscarriage. Have you seen moptops instagram now? She is the exact opposite of everything she was trying to preach when she was down for the sistas and natural hair.She recently got her chest done and a nose job. She posted how she was hanging with the rockets and hugged up on one of the players. She stays posted in LA trying to move up. She also does not spend much time with her child who lives with the father and is always posting on how she is traveling the world with different men who "treated her". But we were so seduced by long "good hair" and a pretty face to see her true character. Sound like anyone?

Back