T.O. says the women he dates don't wear scarfs to bed

Sunnrayy

So I was watching the T.O. new reality show:look: I know....I shouldnt have been lol:) And he was about to go to bed in a double bed hotel room with his publicist Kita who happens to be black.

she pulled out her satin scarf to tie up her hair and he said. What is that!!!:rolleyes:

She said "My scarf" he looked at her like:perplexed (perplexed) and said "The women I date don't wear scarfs to bed, you look like a lifesaver auntchimama" (she had on mulitcolored striped pants from vikkisecret too)

She said "See you need to stop dating all those white and exotic women because sistahs wear scarves to bed and if you date a sistah this is what you are gonna get."

He proceeded to roll his eyes and tell her "I hope you don't wear that with your man"

She defended herself by saying she wasn't trying to be cute for anybody and not him either.

I thought it was interesting and wondered if any of you women sacrifice your healthy hair care to look cute for your man at night???:scratchch(especially when its a new relationship) Or do you say what Kita said to T.O. "I'm not trying to be cute for anybody and I gotta take care of my hair":lachen:

Also, does the scarf affect your sex life:sekret:?!? I once had a scarf on in bed with my S.O. and he pulled it off my hair before you know....lol:) I was mad that my wrap had to be sacrificed but I got over it. It was worth the sacrifice!!! THAT NIGHT ONLY:lachen:

Last edited:
My hair is the last thing DH is thinking about when we go to bed........ :lachen: So, my healthy hair and my happy marriage manage to co-exist rather nicely. :lol:

My hair is the last thing DH is thinking about when we go to bed........ :lachen: So, my healthy hair and my happy marriage manage to co-exist rather nicely. :lol:

:lachen:I feel you girl!!!! After that night I forbid him from touching my scarf anymore.:nono: It was a somewhat new relationship at that point and he didnt know how SERIOUS I am over my hair:lachen:

Last edited:
I am going to wear my scarf to bed my hubby doesnt like it but he understands why I wear it. I have to take it off though for our "show" :grin: then it gets wrapped back up.

HE IS JUST PLAN SILLY he ant all that no way a boy in a man body and i dont care for his show

True!!!I definitely don't care for him much. But I must admit I've heard many a brother say they don't like how black women wear scarfs to bed. That its not sexy.....

Last edited:
See, that's why I loves my DH. The first time I spent the night over his house, I tried to act like I could sleep without a scarf. He turned and looked at me and said, "Where's your scarf? Don't you need to wrap your hair or something?" I immediately pulled my scarf out from my bag and got to wrapping.

Another thing, I always thought that we, as black women/women of color are exotic. Are most people now using this term to describe non-black women?

I heard that he is/was dating Jessica White...she seems like she would wear a scarf to bed :)

jessica_white_makeup.jpg

But what do I know :crazy:

:lachen: :rofl3:

Good point.

Yeah, if I had a tight weave, I would never wear a scarf to bed! :lachen:
:yep:
I asked my cousin (who is a stylist/salon owner) what she does with her hair at night. She wears weaves (she's the best) all the time but has very long, healthy hair. She said nothing...:perplexed I wish.

He stoopid.

On a different note... I ain't "exotic," I'm a regular black chick and I don't wear a scarf to bed. :D

Haven't in eight years! Tee hee!

Some men talk a lot of crap when they get the chance, but when they're in bed with someone they love they'll happily put on the scarf for her :lachen:

See, that's why I loves my DH. The first time I spent the night over his house, I tried to act like I could sleep without a scarf. He turned and looked at me and said, "Where's your scarf? Don't you need to wrap your hair or something?" I immediately pulled my scarf out from my bag and got to wrapping.

Another thing, I always thought that we, as black women/women of color are exotic. Are most people now using this term to describe non-black women?

yeah, you have a good one:drunk: He knew the drill:)

It seems that black women are no longer exotic...that's now a term for women like Kim kardashian or the racially ambiguous women who don't have to wrap up their hair:spinning: Whatever:rolleyes:

yeah, you have a good one:drunk: He knew the drill:)

It seems that black women are no longer exotic...that's now a term for women like Kim kardashian or the racially ambiguous women who don't have to wrap up their hair:spinning: Whatever:rolleyes:
Got it!!! Thanks!!!!

It's not sexy. I say if your man doesn't like it get a satin pillow case.

Yea, bed scarves aren't sexy - I usually sleep on a satin pillowcase mostly because I don't like my edges being rubbed out by scarves. However sometimes a certain style does require being tied down to keep it fresh in the morning.

One of my sisters is biracial and her hubby loves her 2a hair and hates the head scarf Aunt Jemima look. HOwever she doesn't sleep on satin pillowcases and her ends are rough and breaking all the time. :perplexed But her hair texture makes up for the damage in his eyes..

I do wish the publicist had a better answer than a "thats just how we do" type answer. And tellin him he needs to stop dating non-black women.. the way she phrased that didn't make it sound like he would benefit by dating black women.

Yea, bed scarves aren't sexy - I usually sleep on a satin pillowcase mostly because I don't like my edges being rubbed out by scarves. However sometimes a certain style does require being tied down to keep it fresh in the morning.

One of my sisters is biracial and her hubby loves her 2a hair and hates the head scarf Aunt Jemima look. HOwever she doesn't sleep on satin pillowcases and her ends are rough and breaking all the time. :perplexed But her hair texture makes up for the damage in his eyes..

I do wish the publicist had a better answer than a "thats just how we do" type answer. And tellin him he needs to stop dating non-black women.. the way she phrased that didn't make it sound like he would benefit by dating black women.

True. She made the head scarf sound like a sentence that comes along with dating a black woman and for a lot of black men that just isnt sexy. It sounded like a complete turn off. But as one of the other ladies stated here If a man loves you he won't care what you wear on your head:yep:

When a man is trying to drill a hole, he doesn't care about a scarf. He is trying to have sex, period. If T.O. had a beautiful naked black woman in front of him, he would be trying to sleep with her and has slept with many I'm sure.

This was his indirect way of saying that he doesn't want a black woman. He will sleep with you, sure, but he doesn't want you around for anything else. I can't even believe he asked her what the scarf was. He knew exactly what it was.

This was his indirect way of saying that he doesn't want a black woman. He will sleep with you, sure, but he doesn't want you around for anything else. I can't even believe he asked her what the scarf was. He knew exactly what it was.
No doubt, you're right about that. That was probably some corny act for the cameras. There's so many folks sending messages in the media that black women aren't desirable that I can only laugh or shrug my shoulders at this stuff. Unfortunately men like TO can't see the big picture in the part he's playing in the negativity, he's too focused on ego strokin..

To an American black man, American black women are not exotic. Black women from other countries may be considered exotic to them.

The men I dated didn't need to wear paperbags so we're even. :yep: And if a woman can put with a man's snoring, morning breath, and drooling, he can deal with a scarf.

When a man is trying to drill a hole, he doesn't care about a scarf. He is trying to have sex, period. If T.O. had a beautiful naked black woman in front of him, he would be trying to sleep with her and has slept with many I'm sure.

:yep:
Now this ninja here knows what a scarf is. He has SOME black woman in his family wearing a scarf at night. This is some mess that was pre discussed and set up off camera. I pray that T.O continues to date non-black women, because we are too damn fabulous to be under constant scrutiny by uneducated black men who'd rather be with an 'other'. The women who date him obviously have NO standards.

LMAO!!! I wear a pink scarf to bed every night. It doesn't matter to me or my SO. I wouldn't wear a bonnet though...something about it.

You can do that when you have a tight weave.

:lachen: :rofl3:

Good point.

Yeah, if I had a tight weave, I would never wear a scarf to bed! :lachen:

Oh heck naw! I must wear a scarf especially with my kinky weave or else it will be too dry and tangled in the morning. It's a must when it's straight too because this hair is like MBL, and would be all over the place. My SO is constantly trying to move it out of the way so he can nibble on my neck. :blush:

Back