Super Coily Hair. Anyone else?

Je Ne Sais Quoi

AF9E7134-BE8B-4340-BF02-A8AD5431165C-4307-000004883D7534E9_zpsb4370bf9.jpg

day 2 of a wash and go (no gel used). My hair is super super coily. Does anyone else here have hair like me? My shrinkage is nuts. Im apl in the back

Sent from the corner pay phone

I think my hair is like yours but its too early to tell I think. But about a month ago when I was trying to imagine what my hair would look like in 6 months, I went looking for your pics.

I keep mine tucked away now until it gets a bit longer. How long is your hair now?

faithVA said:
I think my hair is like yours but its too early to tell I think. But about a month ago when I was trying to imagine what my hair would look like in 6 months, I went looking for your pics.

I keep mine tucked away now until it gets a bit longer. How long is your hair now?

I have found NO ONE with hair exactly like mine and its nuts smh. I hope you are a hair twin sis. My hair is apl in the back and shoulder at the sides, front etc

I doubt that my hair is exactly like yours because I'm low porosity. So even if everything else matched, the whole porosity thing ruins it.

But you seem to really know your hair. Are you in a frustrating stage or something?

faithVA said:
I doubt that my hair is exactly like yours because I'm low porosity. So even if everything else matched, the whole porosity thing ruins it.

But you seem to really know your hair. Are you in a frustrating stage or something?

I have low porosity hair as well from what i can tell. Im not in a frustrating stage with my hair, im just annoyed that i have never been able to find someone with hair quite like mine

Yeah, I stopped looking after a while. Maybe a lot of the women with hair like ours relax?

When I get to my 1 year bc anniversary in August, I will do a wng and see. At this length it will just look like a fro no matter what I do with it.

If I find any interesting ytbers I will definitely let you know. You have to go through so many bad ones to get to a good one though :lol:

faithVA said:
Yeah, I stopped looking after a while. Maybe a lot of the women with hair like ours relax?

When I get to my 1 year bc anniversary in August, I will do a wng and see. At this length it will just look like a fro no matter what I do with it.

If I find any interesting ytbers I will definitely let you know. You have to go through so many bad ones to get to a good one though :lol:

You sure do!! I am thinking and have been for a while that i am going to start doing videos on my channel relating to hair stuff for my type because spotting someone i can identify with is few and far between

You sure do!! I am thinking and have been for a while that i am going to start doing videos on my channel relating to hair stuff for my type because spotting someone i can identify with is few and far between

Please let me know when you do. Because right now I just few stuff for entertainment. And every month or so I just unsubscribe.

It's rare to see a true 4b do a WNG.

What's your product regimen?

Your hair looks similar to mine (I guess) except you don't have nearly as much shrinkage as me. Your hair is, what, 50% shrinkage? That makes for a nice w-n-g as it grows out.

faithVA said:
Please let me know when you do. Because right now I just few stuff for entertainment. And every month or so I just unsubscribe.

It's rare to see a true 4b do a WNG.

What's your product regimen?

I most certainly will!!

My regimen is simple. I cowash (in about five sections) 2-4 days a week usually with tressemme naturals though i will sub with devachan and tea tree tingle too. From there i throw some conditioner or hair lotion (curl junkie) onto each section then add some oil on top of that. Then shake and go. Very simple! I sometimes use eco gel or kccc but im trying to get away from that. I think my true texture is 4ab if that helps.

virtuenow said:
Your hair looks similar to mine (I guess) except you don't have nearly as much shrinkage as me. Your hair is, what, 50% shrinkage? That makes for a nice w-n-g as it grows out.

My hair is between shoulder and apl so my shrinkage is like 75 percent or more :)

4AC7D762-0990-403C-AD5C-EDA0090A8FA2-788-0000009E288DD74B.jpg

This pic is from several months ago so its longer than this

Last edited:
No but its so pretty!

Posts like this make me want to embrace my natural hair even more!

Thanks for the inspiration.

i'm relaxed, 4a, but i have very coily hair too. my natural texture looks like yours. i am low porous too. this was my hair in 2011. i have major shrinkage.

I most certainly will!!

My regimen is simple. I cowash (in about five sections) 2-4 days a week usually with tressemme naturals though i will sub with devachan and tea tree tingle too. From there i throw some conditioner or hair lotion (curl junkie) onto each section then add some oil on top of that. Then shake and go. Very simple! I sometimes use eco gel or kccc but im trying to get away from that. I think my true texture is 4ab if that helps.

That does help. I agree with virtuenow that your shrinkage is not major.

What oils do you use? And what do you do for second day hair?

And what about this theory that 4b's shouldn't do wash n goes?

I know you were looking for hair like yours but I'm making you the leader :lol: Your hair is longer so you have to be the leader :yep:

I have found NO ONE with hair exactly like mine and its nuts smh. I hope you are a hair twin sis. My hair is apl in the back and shoulder at the sides, front etc

My sister and I have hair like yours. She's natural, I'm relaxed.

^^That's a pretty color. Is that your natural color or do you color your hair?

My hair is some sandy brown thing my momma gave me :lol:

faithVA said:
^^That's a pretty color. Is that your natural color or do you color your hair?

My hair is some sandy brown thing my momma gave me :lol:

shortdub Keen faithVA speaking of color have you found that your hair is a two tone brown color situation going on?

I think we are very very close. I think your curls are bigger though, no? I would love to see more pics :look: :giggle: very pretty!

aw thanks! you are giving me a visual of what my hair would have been if i would have stayed natural and be the length that i am now, but i got mad shrinkage! you have natural layers like me too! and what's cool about yours is that you can have second day hair! my hair would be so smashed up and shrink up after the next day from sleep.

When I was natural, my hair looked very much like yours, with the same amount of shrinkage.

You have more hair twins than you think. :yep:

faithVA said:
That does help. I agree with virtuenow that your shrinkage is not major.

What oils do you use? And what do you do for second day hair?

And what about this theory that 4b's shouldn't do wash n goes?

I know you were looking for hair like yours but I'm making you the leader :lol: Your hair is longer so you have to be the leader :yep:

Oils are hot six(i think!!!), coconut on occassion, olive , etc

The picture from today is second day hair. I just spritzed with a combo of conditioner, water and oil :yep:

Do you have any pictures of your wet hair? Bigger or close up pictures? It would help identify more people w/hair like yours.

^^I can't wait to give it a try. My WNG came out pretty good, but my 2nd day hair didn't come out so well. So I haven't tried it since. I need more length. When 4" shrinks up, its tooo short :lol:

Back