Super Coily Hair. Anyone else?

koolkittychick said:
When I was natural, my hair looked very much like yours, with the same amount of shrinkage.

You have more hair twins than you think. :yep:

I think they hide from me lol. Maybe a lot are relaxed and that is why they are harder to find

Sent from the corner pay phone

i colored it. my natural hair color is some type of dusty brown color.

:yep: I have that same color. Its like I rolled my hair in the dirt :nono: I color mine dark brown.

When it's hydrated it looks really nice. When it's dry it starts to look sandy again.

Your hair reminds me of Nonie's texture...although I don't know her but have seen her hair pics on the boards. I think it beautiful and you wear it well girlfriend!

shortdub78 said:
aw thanks! you are giving me a visual of what my hair would have been if i would have stayed natural and be the length that i am now, but i got mad shrinkage! you have natural layers like me too! and what's cool about yours is that you can have second day hair! my hair would be so smashed up and shrink up after the next day from sleep.

Girl please! I wake up looking like frederick douglas on a good day :lol: my hair is shriveled up too lol

virtuenow said:
Do you have any pictures of your wet hair? Bigger or close up pictures? It would help identify more people w/hair like yours.

Great suggestion. Next time i cowash i will take some!

I think they hide from me lol. Maybe a lot are relaxed and that is why they are harder to find

I just don't think there has every really been a place for 4b's to hang out. There is a thread for long haired 4bs. And I think someone tried to make a thread for 4s but it didn't stay active.

I think we all just go our separate ways and make things work.

Jobwright said:
Your hair reminds me of Nonie's texture...although I don't know her but have seen her hair pics on the boards. I think it beautiful and you wear it well girlfriend!

Thank you Jobwright. Very much appreciated. I think Nonie and I are slightly different in texture but she definitely has coilage!

:yep: I have that same color. Its like I rolled my hair in the dirt :nono: I color mine dark brown.

When it's hydrated it looks really nice. When it's dry it starts to look sandy again.

yes! that is my hair all day. i used to be the oil sheen queen trying to add some bling to my hair.:yep:

I do!!!! I hadn't found anyone with my coily hair type until this post, and I have looked through many youtube videos. I'm going to post a video Sunday which will show my wet texture, so I will come back and link the video then, but here are pics of my last Wash & Go:

I did the Naptural85 "Lazy Day Wash n go," so the front is stretched, but the rest is my shrunken texture, no gel:

photo+2-31.JPG

P1020051.JPG

photo+3-29.JPG

This is 2nd Day Hair after stretching it overnight by sleeping with my hair in a scrunchie:

photo+2-32.JPG

photo+3-30.JPG

Last edited:
MissMusic said:
I do!!!! I hadn't found anyone with my coily hair type until this post, and I have looked threw many youtube videos. I'm going to post a video Sunday which will show my wet texture, so I will come back and link the video then, but here are pics of my last Wash & Go:

I did the Naptural85 "Lazy Day Wash n go," so the front is stretched, but the rest is my shrunken texture, no gel:

This is 2nd Day Hair after stretching it overnight by sleeping with my hair in a scrunchie:

Wow!!!! So pretty :)

How long is your hair? I think we are extremely close!

Wow!!!! So pretty :)

How long is your hair? I think we are extremely close!

I am honestly unsure, I will be two years post next month. I think I am somewhere close to APL, could be past it, but I am definitely past shoulder length.

MissMusic said:
I am honestly unsure, I will be two years post next month. I think I am somewhere close to APL, could be past it, but I am definitely past shoulder length.

Hmmmm, i am very curious to see your hair wet. When i cowash again either tomorrow or Saturday I am going to take pics and tag you in this thread

MissMusic here is a closeup I just took. Does your hair look/behave like this?

B1A642E8-8281-46EB-847D-4B920F7D0A1C-4501-000004B4A774AAE8_zpsa88d433c.jpg

YES! If I wash with conditioner and go that is what I get. It looks like its clumped, but its really just very coily. My wash and go above was just a rinse, no product added before, during or after rinsing.

I take that back, the night before I moisturized with a heavy moisturizer, one that i knew couldn't just be rinsed out with water, so my hair came out really soft once rinsed.

MissMusic said:
YES! If I wash with conditioner and go that is what I get. It looks like its clumped, but its really just very coily. My wash and go above was just a rinse, no product added before, during or after rinsing.

That is exactly what i did. Left conditioner in. Yaaaayyy!!! I feel like Celie when Nettie came back. Me and you will never part!!! :lol:

My hair shrinks about 50%. There is a thread on here where we posted our tiny curls. Mine were 1/8 of an inch but stretched to APL. Let me bump it. There must be a hair twin in there somewhere.

My dd has hair like yours. I suspect my natural texture is like hers if I were natural. Just glancing at her hair you would think no curl pattern, but very tight coils that clump together. It's a challenge to keep her hair moisturized.

Do you mind sharing your moisturizer and deep conditioner?

That is exactly what i did. Left conditioner in. Yaaaayyy!!! I feel like Celie when Nettie came back. Me and you will never part!!! :lol:

Hahahahaha! I feel the same way, its so nice to find someone with my texture. I have been mad at youtube because of all these ladies saying they have my hair type and they really have 3c/4a hair, its ANNOYING!

I'm in too...my hair looks that way after I wash it...I can't just let my hair go though...My hair has no shape to it (after I bc'd going on 3 yrs ago I haven't been to the salon since) I've cut off scraggly ends as I find them so.......Yeah - but there are pics on the fotki (if anybody is still using fotki these days)

bgsix, I really find that using a specific moisturizer is not the key to keeping my hair moisturized, instead its about using a creamy moisturizer under a butter. Good combo's for include Kinky Curly Knot-Today and Shea Butter or Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter, Giovanni Direct Leave-In and Shea Butter or Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter, Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin Restructurizer and Shea Butter, etc. HTH!

bgsix said:
My dd has hair like yours. I suspect my natural texture is like hers if I were natural. Just glancing at her hair you would think no curl pattern, but very tight coils that clump together. It's a challenge to keep her hair moisturized.

Do you mind sharing your moisturizer and deep conditioner?

I am loving curl junkie curl rehab for a deep treatment. My hair also loves qhemet burdock root and coco ghee

MissMusic said:
Hahahahaha! I feel the same way, its so nice to find someone with my texture. I have been mad at youtube because of all these ladies saying they have my hair type and they really have 3c/4a hair, its ANNOYING!

Girl yes!!! I JUST made a thread about that a few days ago MissMusic what hair type do you believe you are?

ilah said:
I'm in too...my hair looks that way after I wash it...I can't just let my hair go though...My hair has no shape to it (after I bc'd going on 3 yrs ago I haven't been to the salon since) I've cut off scraggly ends as I find them so.......Yeah - but there are pics on the fotki (if anybody is still using fotki these days)

ilah i cut my hair on11/11/11 on my own. My hair really has no shape either :nono:

I do!!!! I hadn't found anyone with my coily hair type until this post, and I have looked threw many youtube videos. I'm going to post a video Sunday which will show my wet texture, so I will come back and link the video then, but here are pics of my last Wash & Go:

photo+2-31.JPG

P1020051.JPG

photo+3-29.JPG

photo+2-32.JPG

photo+3-30.JPG

Your hair is beautiful! My hair is very coily with extreme shrinkage. I've never worn a wash n go since going natural. I'm yet to find a gel on the market that I like.

AF9E7134-BE8B-4340-BF02-A8AD5431165C-4307-000004883D7534E9_zpsb4370bf9.jpg

day 2 of a wash and go (no gel used). My hair is super super coily. Does anyone else here have hair like me? My shrinkage is nuts. Im apl in the back

You are my hair twin.:grin: I consider myself 4a, my coild are literally the size of coffee stirring stick, I'm low porosity, medium thickness, dense and coarse.

Back