Summer Challenge Bi Weekly Check #5

Well I'm not going to hit bra strap by then end of August(I had to get 1 1/2 inches trimmed because I got lazy and didn't have one done for 9 months...) but it's all good.
I was also ready to throw in the towel....but since I have flatironed my hair and it is looking just the way I like it and my sides and bangs(which never grew much in the past) have taken off and are really growing... I'm back in the race!
trampoline.gif

I have a good amount of new growth. Im getting a perm this weekend so then we will see how much new growth I have. I will update

Everything is going okay so far, I flat ironed my hair last week and I think it looked good (most of the time I have it in a low ponytail). I had a relaxer on June 11th and there was a little bit of growth. I am in the process of creating a photo album.
trampoline.gif

Everything is okay for the most part.

I think I'm going to throw in the towel using curl activator. It makes my hair too gummy and sticky, and this causes me to lose hair when combing. I am enjoying Profectiv's Phase Oil. It appears to be helping with shedding and my curls looks much brighter for some reason. What else? Oh, I've gone back to wrapping and rollersetting my hair, no more wet-n-wavy mess. My hair wasn't looking right anyways.

As far as growth, I'm not noticing any, but then again, I haven't been taking my vitamins. I still think the back of my hair can make it to bra-strap by the end of September. The front of my hair isn't going to be shoulder length though, I don't think. It is moving too slowly. Hopefully, by the end of this year it will.

Still doing the braid thing. I have noticed a lot of new growth. Seems to be doing well. I do daily conditioner washes and wash once weekly with shampoo.

[ QUOTE ]
I still think the back of my hair can make it to bra-strap by the end of September. The front of my hair isn't going to be shoulder length though, I don't think. It is moving too slowly. Hopefully, by the end of this year it will.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same for me. I do believe the back will touch bra-strap by September (if not then, definitely by my b-day in Nov.!!!) That is... as long as my stylist doesn't go "scissor-happy" on my hair when I get my relaxer & trim at the end of next month!! but the front & sides have a long way to go. I know it's going to take time, so I'm trying to be patient!!

Everything is going well. It's been a month since I used my hooded dryer and I'm going to see if I can keep the air-drying up until my touchup.

I had a rough month with my hair. I'm really tired and work has been awfully busy so the wash and wear has really ben helping. But even that looked bad for a while and I was seriously considering a major cut. I'm going to wait though to make sure this isn't just me goign through a bad patch. If I still don't love how my hair is looking byt the end of the year I'm going to cut it.

It's getting to be a lot to deal with and I just don't have the energy. I'm also worried about what I'll do when winter gets here and I'm working out everyday - I'll need to rinse daily, but it'll be cold....

I just dunno...
frown.gif

well i'm not too happy bout my hair at the mo, i've been in braids for 7.5weeks and unfortunatly the growth aint nowhere near an inch!!i've increased my scalp massages but i'm yet to see the fruits of my labour u kno?? i'm even goin to give up on my supllements coz of the lack of growth i'm gettin
frown.gif

all this has me wishin i hadnt cut my hair back in Feb coz i'm afraid that at the rate its goin, it may never grow back
frown.gif
frown.gif
plus it aint helpin that no matter what i'm doin i cant gain no weight
Rose.gif

I dont know how i am doing. my hair has been in a bun for the past two weeks. i spritz it every day with distilled water and do condition washes maybe once a week. hair seems okay. havent went to the salon to get a wash and set so i cant tell if my efforts are paying off. i stopped taking b5 because i found it made my face really shiny and i stopped taking biotin because it wasnt working. so i take msm. and have been taking that only. so i will have to see how everything goes when i get a wash and set maybe in a couple of weeks. God bless you all

i finally feel like i am really doing something now!!
i bought some sulfur 8, CON shampoo and aphogee treatment. i am doing the treatment this weekend but i couldn't wait on the CON, so i used it last night and OMG!!! it is the bomb. my hair is still soft. i even used a realy bad comb that normally causes a lot of tangles and it went through easy! i love CON!!. the sulfur 8 stinks but i know it will help. i want my hair to be at it's best when school starts to that is a scarfice i will have to make.
lastly my vitamin regimine is going great. i am still on the one a days but i added a little more vitamin c, biotin and iron. i have only been on the biotin since sunday and i am taking 300mcgs. after another week i think i'll up my dosage.

don't give up ngga. you can do it homie. oh and i don't remeber if i sent you a pm but thank you for that note you sent me a while ago.

Hey ladies! I got a touch up yesterday after 11 weeks. My hair looks good, though I think I might trim about a 1/4 inch so my ends will look neat. I am starting to self trim, because I don't trust the hairdresser's definition of "trim". My last professional trim was March-02 and I trimmed a bit in June. I have not been getting unbelievable growth. I haven't been taking my vitamins the past month, but I plan to get on track with my vitamins and my water drinking today. The back part of my hair is about 1 and a half inches away from bra strap. I should reach my goal hopefully by Oct. I am working on my photo album as well.

thanks ineed££ ima try but sometimes these things jus make u lose hope and i kno for sho that i aint goin to reach my goals by the time i was hopin
frown.gif
hopefully i'll get outa this mood first coz stress aint good for har growth but sometimes i canthelp myself.bout the other issue i hope u're doin better now

My girls and I are getting more growth than ever. We're doing daily conditioner washes after tennis lessons. we shampoo once every two weeks. Still forcing down lots of water. We relaxed/texurized on July 7th after 3 months. Everyones hair turned out great and remains healthy. I am definely on target to meet my summer hair goal and my daughters have already reached theirs. I suppose children's hair grows much faster than adults because they are so active. So they have set a new goal of 1 more inch by August 14th. They are already planning to where their hair down on their first day of shool.

it's cool. and btw don't feel bad cuz i 'm not gonna reach my goal either but i'm not trippin'. just get what you can get while you have the oprotunity. oh and
smile.gif
smile!!!

Well I haven't checked in for a while, but things are going well. I don't have any dry ends. I never thought I would love my natural hair as much as I do. I wet it every morning and night. It keeps my head cool in this texas heat. I love wetting it, so I am not sure what I will do in the winter. But it seems to be growing. I basically keep it twisted, because i dont have to fool with it for a full week, except for conditoner washes each day. I am pretty happy.

I just got an inch trim a week ago and a touchup 2 days ago after 9 weeks and im finally not 'hovering' around bra strap anymore, my hair is actually touching it. woo! i just bought a ceramic iron and will be returning to my once a week straightenings. i just bought some organic root stimulator olive oil hair lotion for heat styling and retiring my vitamin E oil

Just had 1 inch cut in the back. So I have a bob now...which suits me fine. I had too many layers before. I'll probably get a touch up this weekend since my new growth is making it pretty difficult to style my hair without heat. I was using Nexxus products exclusively for a minute. But now I'm throwing a little CON in as well. My hair tends to become immune to hair products after I've used them for awhile. Anyway, even though I've cut my hair ywice since the challenege it isn't very noticeable because of the growth. So I still have my fingers crossed about making my goal of 3-4 inches growth this summer.

well I havent been taking my vitamins because I noticed i was eating my self out of house and home but I plan on restarting as soo as I can upgrade to hairtopia and viviscal. I havent been oiling my scalp because I just havent had the time and its tooo hot but I am going to start that up again this week.

I will definetely not reach my goal especially since I got a 2 inch cut a while ago but my hair is growing fast. The ends are really thin so I am still trying to work on regaining my thickness. I am gonna start the Motions 32 day recipe to stop breakage so hopefully that will help with the split ends. Wish everyone luck on their growing!

I'm not sure if I noted on check #4, so I'll just get all of my notes in here ...

My challenge is right on target
smile.gif
, but it's been a lot of HARD work too.

Currently I'm 13 wks post touch up & still have 7 more wks to go before touching up....(I'll go longer if i can
smile.gif
).

At 11 wks, i changed my moisturizer from hot 6 oil (or wonder 8 oil) mixed with distilled water, to distilled water mixed with pure glycerin. This works sheer wonders on keeping my new growth manageable as well as moisturizing all over. I even get small lil waves which i wear as my out style. (Refer to my July album). I'll keep this moisture routine until i touch up.

I love my braid or twist outs, but with all of this new growth, it's nearly impossible to cornroll or flat twist without putting stress on the new growth / relaxed hair line. So when I'm going for this look, i'll just single twist the hair or wet it... hey it works for me
smile.gif

As for vitamins... what are those??? That's just how long i've been without them. Actually I've lost count, but I know that it's been over a month since I've taken them. I'm out of CL biotin, but i still have GNC UltraNourishair & Flintstones... maybe I'll start taking those again
ohwell.gif
just so that they don't go to waste.

Last but not least... I have continued my "no heat" regime since early April. That's when i used my hooded dry last. I haven't use my blow dryer, curling iron, flat iron, etc since Sept 1
clap.gif
clap.gif
& plan to NEVER use those again
wink.gif
. Maintaining length is sooooooo easy now that i have this "heat free" regime. BTW, I don't even use the hooded dryer for deep conditioning... i'll just warm the conditioner a bit before applying it.

Well, i think that's it for me. I'm well on the road to obtaining my 4" for the summer challenge. I just can't wait to get a touch up to really get a true sense of my length
smile.gif

One more thing... as i read this post, i've noticed a few ladies getting a bit discouraged, feeling that they're not gonna achieve their goals... LADIES, PLEASE KEEP YOUR SUMMER CHALLENGES ALIVE
poke.gif
. Keep that tenacious spirit flowing that u had when 1st joining this challenge. There's many, many people all around us that can think doubtful for us.... LET'S NOT THINK DOUBT UPON OURSELVES......OK?

luvingly,
Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
One more thing... as i read this post, i've noticed a few ladies getting a bit discouraged, feeling that they're not gonna achieve their goals... LADIES, PLEASE KEEP YOUR SUMMER CHALLENGES ALIVE . Keep that tenacious spirit flowing that u had when 1st joining this challenge. There's many, many people all around us that can think doubtful for us.... LET'S NOT THINK DOUBT UPON OURSELVES......OK?

[/ QUOTE ] OH PEACHTREE!! I LUV YA!! YOUR SOO SWEET!
kiss.gif

Okay, let's see here...
I got a trim 2 weeks ago that I initially thought was lopsided but I see now that it is fine.
trampoline.gif
I just bought a Pibbs dryer and am using it as we speak, on a medium heat my hair dries in less than an hour. I don't plan on stepping a foot inside a salon for anything other than weaves and relaxers anymore. I have started working and therefore (prior to the dryer's arrival) was going to salons near me, and keeping the style for a week, by wrapping. My hair looked lovely but i know that is bad for the long term, so I've ended that. My regime is coming together. I still have a few more conditioners I wanna try before I end this PJ thing. My rollersets are getting better everytime. So all in all it is going well and I am so glad I found this board.
PS As my hair is growing longer I feel like it is shorter ? This is weird right ? I think I am increasing my def. of what is long hair.

thanks DSD & INM ....

DSD, I was thinking of your "name" when i wrote that... "Don't Speak Defeat" should be our motto here...
up.gif

Although I already posted I have another update to my additonal post..I have a setback, yesterday I had my hair done and I asked the stylist to cut layers in my hair, although they are shorter than I would have preferred, I do like them...how this has affected my summer challenge--I just want to grow out my hair so I am thinking I should have waited until I achieved my goal before getting the layers....I have a bob right now with layers cut in..I have a before pic and I will take an after pic today to see the differences.....
look.gif

I'm doing okay. I gave up heat before I discovered this board in April. I've got about an inch of new growth. I will be relaxing this weekend (if I can stay off my scalp. It's itching like crazy). I think I'm goin to reach shoulder length before the end of the summer.

Yesterday I took some crochets out of my hair because I didn't really think the color I bought was flattering on me. Anyway, the crochet hair tangled so badly that I started to cut them. Unfortunately, I wasn't payiang attention to what I was doing. I ended up cutting off a small piece of my own hair...about 7 inches in length. I just stopped what I was doing and stared at the hair a good 10 minutes in shock. The good news is, it wasn't a big piece and I still don't know where the hair I cut came from, so that is good. Cuz otherwise I would have been
cry3.gif

I've been doing well. After my touch up on July 3rd, I've finally reached bra-strap (top)---a little past it actually, but I will probably trim it soon, so it will definitely be at bra strap.

My hair is starting to be very soft--much softer than it ever was in the past. I have been washing and deep conditioning once a week and airdrying. Cutting down on the rollersetting has been instrumental in me seeing more growth and better health. I used to rollerset every week and so I hope to be able to do this in the winter.

I recently tried Keratase Silk Batin shampoo and the Masquintense condr. They were both wonderful. The conditioner literally melted in my hair, softened and detangled like never before..I was very very impressed. I may purchase it (I got it as a swap from the lovely OnlyErin
kiss.gif
), but it is kinda pricey...

I did something similar to my hair like Karonica. I was actually dusting my ends and it was going well, I found very few splits, but the scissors got tangled and I cut about 2-3" of a small section of hair. I haven't exactly figured out where it is, but I know it's in the front of my hair, which is layered anyway. I'm sure my mom will assess the damage once she trims it for me.
ohwell.gif

Back