Summer 2010 Growth Challenge

1. Post a starting picture by the last week of May.

Attached. Taken May 27th.

2. State number of inches and body measurement mark of your longest layer of hair.

Hair ranges from 11 inches on sides to 13 inches in crown. My nape is fully covered by sew in. Overall, I'm layered APL. Goal is 13-15 inches.

3. Mention your Regimen.
Moisturize 2 times per week with H20/aloe vera juice/ leave in conditioner. Re install sew-in late June-early July.

Vitamins: MSM; Multi V; B 100; Biotin; 64 oz H20

Work out 5 times per week at least 1 hour.

4.Relaxed or natural.

Natural 4A/B

Last edited:
so here i am again! posting my pics.

regimen : wash 1 a week with garnier avocado & shea butter conditionner.
DC: my mixtures (aocado,olive oil, eggs,yogurt,honey,ylang ylang,etc...)leave for over 3 hours.or even 7 if i don't go out.
every nigth i spritz my hair with mixture (water,glycerin,sweet almond oil ,aloe vera gel) and seal with any oil (the one i have on hand).
massage scalp as much times i can in a week ith nothing or with my mix of growth oils.

hair style: most of the time protective styles: LOTS OF TWISTS, and braids with extensions when not lazy.

HERE ARE THE PICS (taken on 5/5/10)

Last edited:
Rules
1. Post a starting picture by the last week of May. If you're getting a sew in or braids please post a pic before then.
see attached excuse the hair I am 9 weeks post and I just did a henna gloss so its looking a little dry. When I use a moisturizing DC it will come back to normal.

2. State number of inches and body measurement mark of your longest layer of hair. I am 3.5 inches from my nape and NL

3. Mention your Regimen. This includes wash routines, staple products, vitamins and how you plan to wear your hair during the summer. I'm not placing restrictions. If you want to flat iron your hair everyday and change the color every week that's on you. However, don't feel bad if others are two inches longer and you're two inches shorter.
I am trying ayurveda.So I use teas rinses and oils. I also use Aphogee 2min for protein and will alternate conditioners. Right now I am using Leklair with honey and oils mixed in. I will also limit heat and wear half wigs or rollerset my hair. Low manip and washing every two weeks if I can stand it. Since I am 9 weeks post I wll cowash more often.

4. I am relaxed
5. Lastly, if you come to any hair epiphanies over the summer, please do share. Sure if I find the secret to long hair I'll tell you all :lachen:

Attachments

• 100530_113209.jpg
    100530_113209.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 100530_113308.jpg
    100530_113308.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 1
got a blow out followed by a press yesterday and i cut some hair off to make sure that i got rid of my split ends. right now my hair is layered as well (not sure how that will look when my hair reverts) so some is at my shoulders while some is at my chin. can't wait to wash it (after tuesday) and add some things to my regimen. hoping to get roux porosity control

well, my pic is in my avatar or siggy, even tho i am a lil bit longer than that, since april.. but i am going to get a blow out and a trim, so i will post pics when i do, i am also doing a 6 month stretch and i got 4 more months to go i hope that i can make it, i got nu-growth for real in there, i been keepin my hair cornrowed under my half wig, and moisture-protein balance... and also using mt n mn.... so we will see!!

Am I too late? It technically is 12:47 but if u go by pacific time its still technically March 30th lol

Checking in... Still cowashing and DC'ing every other day. Baggying every night and still trying to develop a good homemade growth aid. I will try to post pics of my hair within the next few days. I'm wearing a puff in my avatar so it's hard to see how long it really is. It's an uneven SL right now.:ohwell:

Finally this challenge gets underway! Here is my starting length:

5_28_2010LengthCheck006-vi.jpg

My reggie is pretty basic:
Shampoo 1x per week
Co-wash 2x per week (or as needed post-workout) - Vo5 MM
DC 1-2x per week - ORS Pak, Aussie 3 Min Miracle (moist), Aphogee 2 minute
Leave-ins - JC Revitalizing Spray, Giovanni Direct Leave-in, Aphogee Green Tea & Keratin
M & S daily - Bee Mine Luscious Cream or Hair & Scalp moisturizer, EVCO or Argan Oil
Bee Mine Growth Serum - massage into scalp 3-4x per week.

Styles: Mostly braidouts, buns, and updos. Occasionally roller or flexirod sets.

Workout 5-6 days per week, Drink 2L of water per day, Try to stick to my DIET - plenty of lean protein & veggies!

I posted all of my information awhile back, so here is my starting pic. My hair is curled in the pic. I still need to do some tweaking on my regimen though.

Attachments

• Image002.jpg
    Image002.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 6
2.Currently APL
3. Wash atleast twice a week wit AOHSR shampoo and conditioner. Add Bee Mine hair milk and seal ends with JCO. Usually just do random plaits and occasionally do a braid out or slap a wig on my head
4. Natural. Last Relaxer was Sept. 2008

*will post picture soon*

checking in... I updated my initial post. I did an overnight DC (Nexxus Humectress with Honey) and wet bun. i plan to wash/dc thursday or friday with a roller set.

ChEcKiNg iN...

Worked out to get some blood flowing to my scalp. (35 min on treadmill and my strength training). I moisturized with my mix leave in. I'm ready to rip this weave out cause I want to see my own hair so badly.

My starting pic is in my Fotki...in my 2010 Album.
I am currently 27.5 inches long which makes me Waist Length....my goal is to be at 29-30 inches after this Summer.
I am texlaxed

My regimen for the Summer:
-Co-wash twice a week

-Cleanse and Deep Condition on the weekend

-I'll be wearing my hair up in Flexi-8 styles...like the french twist and the drop bun...as well as braidouts...but its so hot down here in Florida my hair will mainly be up. However i'm gonna have it down for my sister's graduation this weekend....i'll be wearing it down for special occasions.

Products:
Giovanni Smooth As Silk Shampoo
Hair One:lick:
Silicon Mix Bambu
La Bomba
Lustrasilks Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus:lick:
Crece Pelo leave-in:lick:
Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer
Bee Mine Juicy Moisturizer

I'm also gonna scoop me up a bottle of Bee Mine Growth Serum for the challenge...hopefully it will help me get the 2-3 inches i want a little faster than usual.

Last edited:
Time Frame
June 1, 2010 -- September 1, 2010

Rules
1. Post a starting picture by the last week of May. Post #14
2. State number of inches and body measurement mark of your longest layer of hair. I don't know how many inches, but my longest layer is MBL, aiming for full MBL by the end of the challenge (I know it looks like its BSL, but my hair is not straightened completely
3. Mention your Regimen. I just BKT'd my hair (5/30/10) Daily cowashing. I'll probably twist it up two weeks at a time, whenever I get the time. Will post accordingly. DC with Silicon Mix. Every two weeks, I'll detangle and wash with ORS Aloe Shampoo and use my Aphogee 2 min reconstructer No heat for the rest of the summer.
4. Also, mention if you're relaxed or natural. I'm 4a/b natural
5. Lastly, if you come to any hair epiphanies over the summer, please do share.

Last edited:
I'll be wearing two large flat twists for part of the week and the cinnabun hairstyle for the rest of the week. my ends will be protected and i will moisturize as need with bioinfusion hair lotion.

ok so since i posted my pic my hair is now touching my brastrap. i have been too lazy to take a pic, but i will as soon as possible to update.

I have decided to attempt cowashing and staying away from using heat for the summer. I am going to pick up a bottle of Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship conditioner and (hopefully) the split end protector leave-in sometime this week. I will be cowashing 3 times a week and will use shampoo every 2 weeks, possibly the LTR shampoo, and will be applying coconut oil after cowashing/shampooing for extra shine. I have an octopus claw clip so I will be using that to "bun" with so that I won't have to use a pony tail holder.

I have some Parnevu T-Tree Herbal Grow for my scalp that I will be using 4 times a week. I used this product when I was younger and always had APL hair. I didn't take the best care of my hair back then, so I am going to start using this product again to see how it goes. I'm hoping to see a difference in length and health at the end of this challenge.

So I'm sitting here with some olive you deep con in my hair. I will keep it in overnight and then wash tomorrow.

I havent been doing too much to my hair because its so hot I'm just too lazy. I did buy some ao hsr and cant wait to try it out when it comes in the mail. Either than that just bunning it up.

My apologies for the delay, I have been away due to a death and am only posting now.
Length: I’m just at APL (the very tip is apl)
Reggie: Mild diluted shampoo and mild homemade conditioning mix treatment (protein and moisturizing condish, coconut oil and olive oil) every two- three days. (I am in a bootcamp so I am sweating constantly thus needing to wash.) I do not use unless for deep treatments. I will Amla or Henna, Avocado glosses weekly. When styling I will moisturize using Shea Moisture then twist using Oyin or Darcy's and finally seal using Amla or Castor oil.
Type: Natural, I think 4a/4b

Attachments

• PICT0292.jpg
    PICT0292.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 10
  • PICT0300.jpg
    PICT0300.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 9
I just made my caffeine shampoo, applied it to my scalp for an hour and now DCing for a couple of hours.

So I'm sitting here with some olive you deep con in my hair. I will keep it in overnight and then wash tomorrow.

I havent been doing too much to my hair because its so hot I'm just too lazy. I did buy some ao hsr and cant wait to try it out when it comes in the mail. Either than that just bunning it up.

(so OT but...) Awwwwwweeeeeee!!!! Chanel is SO beautiful!!!!!!!! :infatuated:

Yesterday was a scorcher in my apartment last night. I was drenched in sweat and felt that I worked out without working out.:lachen:

Anyway, I deep conditioned with my Silicon Mix Bambu overnight covered in a plastic cap and continued to sweat throughout the night.

This morning I rinsed it out and left some Aussie Moist and put it up in my puff.

I think that I am gonna hold off on detangling my hair unnecessarily.

The last time I detangled was last weekend when I did my BKT treatment.

Maybe next weekend I'll detangle with a wash and condition and twist it up for a week or two. Maybe I said. With this heat, I'm not gonna be doing too much of anything with this head.

Donewit-it: How do you like the Silicon Mix Bambu? It smelled so good but I didn't buy it.

I think I like the original better. But it will do until I finish the jar. While I was rinsing it out in the shower this morning my hair was extremely soft. But I remember my hair being softer with the original.

ETA: As far as the smell. It is definitely not as potent and long lasting as the original. In fact now that it's dry, I don't even smell it. The original will linger in your hair for days.

Like I said, I didn't want to officially signed up until I BC'd, and tonight I BC'd :grin:

- Starting picture is attached
- Shrinkage is a mother, but I think my hair is chin length stretched
- I don't have much of a regimen, but I usually DC on dry hair with ORS Replenishing Pak and then cowash with Herbal Essences Totally Twisted. When I remember, I have a spray bottle with Fantasia IC Leave-In Moisturizer (still not sure how I feel about this). And some jojoba oil is just there, sitting in my medicine cabinet, waiting for me to use it.
- Newly Natural!
- I'm sure I'll have many epiphanies over the summer =)

Attachments

• fro2.jpg
    fro2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Eva's stats

Sorry I'm late with this...

1. Pic of my hair loaded with product:
IMG_2646.jpg

2. I have approx 2 1/4 inches of hair...it varies in different areas. My goal is to have 3 1/2 inches by the end of this challenge.

3. Shampoo with Suave Tropical Coconut Shampoo. Deep Condition once a week with Queen Helene's Cholesterol. Cowash with Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner. Use my leave in as much as possible (Jane Carter). Moisturize and seal as much as possible with Olive butter and castor oil. I will be "wiggin" it as much as possible.

4. I am a Natural 4B

Last edited:
Back