Spoiled; What I want, or is it love?

TJD3

*Posted in the Offtopic section too*

My girlfriend is going through an issue with a guy she is in love with. I believe she loves him, but he just cannot be in a relationship right now due to various things going on in his life.

The situation has her going nutty and he has let her down very easy. Told her in time they will see each other once again, just not now. Theres no questioning his love for her, but it is what it is.

She is used to having things her way. I told her part of her problem is that she is so used to having what she wants, and since she cant have him, shes confusing that with love and making herself nuts. I feel she loves him, but I think her spoiled nature is playing into this now.

Anyone ever experience what I believe she is going through? I think if she realized this for what it may be, it would help ease her pain.

What do you all think?

It sounds like she is not ready to see what you see. Sometimes we do more harm trying to help friends see the truth than just being supportive and lending a shoulder and an ear.
Just be there for her. I wouldn't try to make her see the light.

I totally get this...and I'm speaking as a "spolied" person. In the past, nothing made me want a guy more than him seeming not to want me. It was like, how dare he not want me...ME!! (Yes I realize how this sounds...just being honest). You gotta realize that this is not healthy, and if you start chasing him, especially after he rejects you for whatever reason, it just won't make him like you more. We know how the whole "chase" thing works....it never seems to work out as well for women. When someone leaves, it is much better to let them go...no matter the reason. With guys, lots of times if you tell them u dont want them to leave...they'll go through the motions of a relationship with you (i.e. SEX) w/o any real commitment in their minds...then it screws us up even further:-)

Back