Have you EVER been in love?

• Yes.

Votes: 46 44.7%
  • No.

Votes: 38 36.9%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 19 18.4%

• Total voters
Me too. I have had crushes but I can honestly say I have never been in love. I never have been in a relationship to be in love.

Hmmm what's love? If anything I have love for family members friends, etc. Haven't experienced true love with a member of the opposite sex.

Raises hand slyly! Actually, I don't think I've ever been in love (even though I was OP of the "Who's in Love?" thread). I just wanted to see. We are always talking about relationships from the problematic stand, so I wanted to lighten it up. I'm ecstatic to see so many members who are in love.

I have not truly been "in love," like the head over heels type. I've dated, been in relationships, but I've never felt like I was with "the one." Maybe I'm overrating it, but when I see my parents who have been together for 38 years (met in college, married for 33 years, almost 34), I know that I can't settle for anything less. Are they all over each other like Newlyweds everyday? Of course not, but I know that they really love each other.

Not sure. Does love at first sight count? it happened when i was 16 and he 17. we've never dated but only flirted. we've recently reconnected but the spark's still there. I've never said the L-word to anyone though.

I've cared very deeply, but never been in love. I loved that they showed me affection/attention (and in turn I showered them with my time/energies), but never actually loved the person that they were...

I put "not sure". I think 98% of mine were either obsessions or lust, like I was physically attracted...but I don't think I've ever really been in love. :sad:

Being in love calls for emotional attachment and I think I fear that. :ohwell:

i've only been in love once. It was scary... caring for someone else so much. and knowing he felt the same way... never experienced anything like it. and i probably won't ever again.

Last edited:
I've never been in real, pure, mature love before and I won't be until I get married. My previous experiences were more infatuation/lust than love.

I think I have but only once. I still love him and would give anything to be with him again but there's a slim and none chance and slim left years ago.

I was watching "The Holiday" with Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz and something Kate's character said got me thinking. Does unreciprocated i.e. unrequited love count as being "in love?"

My first reaction is no because it's one-sided. Opinions?

Wow, I didn't expect to see all the no's. It will come ladies. It will come. Love is such a special feeling.

I voted yes, meaning I have never been in love. I thought I was alone in this as well.

As much as people mean well, saying things like " it will happen" doesn't help.

I think what people need to understand is that there is something there that wonders " Will it ever happen? " I see people all the time who are horrible people and yet they have someone to love and care for them. Am i soooooo terrible and I don't know it? If you have tried and tried, and failed everytime you do begin to wonder and worry.

I think I try to be myself and i am not a haggard harpee. But to know that you arent that appealing to the opposite sex is hard. I know people are gonna say " hey you need your own self esteem" and i have that, but I do want to have it vaidated by a sexual interest.

It is hard out there for a single pimp...

I voted yes, meaning I have never been in love. I thought I was alone in this as well.

I think what people need to understand is that there is something there that wonders " Will it ever happen? " I see people all the time who are horrible people and yet they have someone to love and care for them. Am i soooooo terrible and I don't know it? If you have tried and tried, and failed everytime you do begin to wonder and worry.

I think I try to be myself and i am not a haggard harpee. But to know that you arent that appealing to the opposite sex is hard. I know people are gonna say " hey you need your own self esteem" and i have that, but I do want to have it vaidated by a sexual interest.

I feel you.:rolleyes:
I know one girl who has just broken up with her first boyfriend, and she's crying acting all heart broken and the next second is kissing another guy. It seems like those type of girls get all the male attention.

I have dated a lot of guys but no love here. Lust and infatuation maybe....but def no love. I have had people in love with me though.

I have and it sucks! You should thank your lucky stars that you've never experienced love :ohwell:

Last edited:

I was thinking about something like this the other day. It's so frustrating but I try to remind myself you never know what their relationship is really like and what the person puts up with.

To answer the question I thought I was in love but now Im not so sure.

Back