Never been in love

To me there's a big difference between giving your whole heart and giving yourself away. If you're giving your self away that's not love, that's dependency or lack of identity or self. Wholehearted loving to me is being open, honest, authentic, and expressive in your love for your partner (not sacrificial!) I get why a lot of women don't love wholeheartedly...because frankly a lot of men don't value it and take advantage of it. But how sad to have to live your life consciously withholding a piece of your heart.

I agree with you :yep:.

^^ i thought people were saying when they fall out of love or are heartbroken they fall apart. Like overneediness and needing someone else to feel whole is a different story and is not healthy. In the context mentioned above, it's falling apart when there is a heartbreak.

Love is emotional. When you have a heartbreak - it will hurt. Then you eventually pick yourself back up and onto the next.

Maybe I'm missing everything.

But yes, people have their own styles and essentially should do what works for them. Love how you want to love.

No you're not missing anything. Some people aren't loving the way it sounds like you and I are. I would rather love deeply and deal with the possible heartbreak then love less and not risk getting hurt. Not everybody is built that way or wants that.

:look: ok, but why cant you answer the question? i feel its relevant to know how certain peoples advice has worked out for them in real life.

:look: ok, but why cant you answer the question? i feel its relevant to know how certain peoples advice has worked out for them in real life.

I find you obtuse and offensive in every thread you're in so no, I won't be answering your question. Like I said, you seem to think your life is working for you so keep at it.

I have only been in love once. I thought I was in love twice. The first time I thought I was in love I wasn't. (In hindsight) I was just with that person for so long that I was so comfortable with him that I could be my genuine self. It didn't have that spark to keep us together. It turned into a best friend relationship. The love I thought I had was not "in love" but "friendship love"

Shallow, crass, childish...I love your consistency. Every. single. thread.

mmhmm. yeah whatever. you dont see me constantly making snide comments about how you talk a whole lot of crap with very little life experience to back it up, and your opinions tend to be generally skewed toward a fantasy life instead of reality, which doesnt bode well for the existence you lead off the forum, but you sure stay quick to sneak in little jabs at me whenever you can, don't you?

oh, ever so cute, ever so cute.

by the way... im nothing if not consistent :kiss: thanks for noticing :yep:

mmhmm. yeah whatever. you dont see me constantly making snide comments about how you talk a whole lot of crap with very little life experience to back it up, and your opinions tend to be generally skewed toward a fantasy life instead of reality, which doesnt bode well for the existence you lead off the forum, but you sure stay quick to sneak in little jabs at me whenever you can, don't you? oh, ever so cute, ever so cute. by the way... im nothing if not consistent :kiss: thanks for noticing :yep:

I see I hit the mark.

Ladies cant we all just get along... This suppose to be about love... :grin: Love ya both...

:yep: love both ladies and their perspectives. Let's keep discussing. I think it can be helpful. Whether single, married, dating, young, old, or in the middle, everyone has something to offer. I learn from the younger ladies and the single ladies everyday. Lots of smart people on this board :).

After my first heartbreak my mom always told me to keep a piece of my heart to myself. Don't give him ALL of it. It's a GREAT piece of advice.

Words to live by.:yep:

I prefer the term moderation. If you give everything year 1, what will you have left to give at year 6, year 11 or year 21........

Lolol my goodness at this thread!! Please let's all get along.

No you're not missing anything. Some people aren't loving the way it sounds like you and I are. I would rather love deeply and deal with the possible heartbreak then love less and not risk getting hurt. Not everybody is built that way or wants that.

Yeah I just ended relationship a few months ago where my heart wasn't in it like it should have been, like I wanted it to be. That's part of the reason why I want to be with someone who at least makes me want to give my whole heart. Be like screw this - let's see what happens. That will actually be a very liberating feeling for me bc I am actually very restrained and controlled. It has allowed me to succeed in other areas of my life but not as much in my romantic life. I just need to find the right man. A man who is worthy and is able to progressively give his heart as well.

Lolol my goodness at this thread!! Please let's all get along.

Yeah I just ended relationship a few months ago where my heart wasn't in it like it should have been, like I wanted it to be. That's part of the reason why I want to be with someone who at least makes me want to give my whole heart. Be like screw this - let's see what happens. That will actually be a very liberating feeling for me bc I am actually very restrained and controlled. It has allowed me to succeed in other areas of my life but not as much in my romantic life. I just need to find the right man. A man who is worthy and is able to progressively give his heart as well.

Seriously. Every body has different expectation in relationships, you just need to know what you can and can't live with.

I'm not restrained or controlled at all! Not in life not in love. And I like it that way :lol:

shall i answer it for you?

nothing can be changed until it is faced, you know. says james baldwin. in other words, the first step is admitting you have a problem :yep:

my siggy gif (which ive been changing every week or so) is not going to change the circumstances of your old maidish existence :lol:

shall i answer it for you?

nothing can be changed until it is faced, you know. says james baldwin. in other words, the first step is admitting you have a problem :yep:

my siggy gif (which ive been changing every week or so) is not going to change the circumstances of your old maidish existence :lol:

Yep. Shallow, crass, childish...and sad..like your siggie

im just playing with you. i dont expect you to actually have the integrity to admit what we both know is true :lol: :rofl: im just teasing your audacity to give advice and perspective on the subject :rofl: you probably shouldnt even be responding to me because im making fun of you. youre just showing how much im getting under your skin :lol:

im laughing because i know when i log off here, adventures await me, and when you log off, scandal and a bowl of popcorn awaits you :lol:

oh ambergirl... sometimes silence speaks louder than words.

im just playing with you. i dont expect you to actually have the integrity to admit what we both know is true :lol: :rofl: im just teasing your audacity to give advice and perspective on the subject :rofl: you probably shouldnt even be responding to me because im making fun of you. youre just showing how much im getting under your skin :lol:

im laughing because i know when i log off here, adventures await me, and when you log off, scandal and a bowl of popcorn awaits you :lol:

oh ambergirl... sometimes silence speaks louder than words.

uh huh. That's why you're up in here celebrating that you don't have a clue what it feels like to be in love.

you dont know me, ambergirl. you think you can judge everything about me based on a random gif signature :lol: i wouldnt even give you the satisfaction of justifying my experiences in love and relationships :lol: like, who are you that you think i would do that? :rofl:

youre so embarrassing :lol:

but please, by all means, youre so BROODING and DEEP, and you TRULY know what love really is, thats why you wont settle for anything else and havent come within 10 feet of a penis in the last 20 years :lol: because, REAL LOVE :lol:

tell me more! :love:

I used to be in love I couldnt eat sleep go crazy. Fortunately a few life events have caused me to be conscious possibly enlightened I have not been in love since. What I mean is yes I can be in a relationship but I will never be in love.

Back