Spinoff: What's Your Bare Minimum Salary Requirement For So/dh?

:lachen: the visual is hilarious!
Its ridiculous! All those grey beards and grey hair and they aint got ****. both times I dated men like this, I was the only one who could afford to live alone (3bdr and 3ba) WITH A CHILD. They were amazed and kept trying to count my money.

One 40s dude asked me out was renting a room with his 10yo son and needed to bring the child on our first date. Obviously can't leave him alone with roomies! and I declined.

Another early 40s had his 2 kids during summer with 3 roomies. Same thing. I dumped him in spring before that madness. he was great cuffing tho :look:

Its ridiculous! All those grey beards and grey hair and they aint got ****. both times I dated men like this, I was the only one who could afford to live alone (3bdr and 3ba) WITH A CHILD. They were amazed and kept trying to count my money.

One 40s dude asked me out was renting a room with his 10yo son and needed to bring the child on our first date. Obviously can't leave him alone with roomies! and I declined.

Another early 40s had his 2 kids during summer with 3 roomies. Same thing. I dumped him in spring before that madness. he was great cuffing tho :look:

:rofl:

I can see that.
I'd totally rent out my place and live in a room to save cash and get rid of debt though.
Hmmm....what about someone starting over after illness or divorce?
Never mind. I know the answer lol

Last edited:
again. my age bracket mid 40s+, he needs to be self sufficient. I dated some 40s men with roomies in their 40s and 50s and it was awkward me with all them aging men in a house and me and their various gf.

wtf they do with their lives these last 20-30 years to only be able to rent a ****ing room?!
Mid 30s - same here. I wouldn't look too greatly on a room mate situation unless it was with a family member... and even then, I would be concerned about how easy things could get serious is they are living with someone else who is depending on their half of the rent.

@movingforward13

In He's Just Not That Into You, they suggest that it's BS if a man says he's not ready to marry or date if he's not financial stable, meaning it's an excuse. But it sounds like that's what we'd prefer anyway lol so....it's NOT BS?
That level of financial security may differ depending on the man too...

@movingforward13

In He's Just Not That Into You, they suggest that it's BS if a man says he's not ready to marry or date if he's not financial stable, meaning it's an excuse. But it sounds like that's what we'd prefer anyway lol so....it's NOT BS?
That level of financial security may differ depending on the man too...
I do think it is an excuse with a lot of men... but those are the ones ready to grab the putty kat without commitment and keep pushing.
I think a responsible/mature man won't even get involved with a lady because he knows he isn't emotionally or financially able yet. Not too many mature men out here though

I can see that.
I'd totally rent out my place and live in a room to save cash and get rid of debt though.
Hmmm....what about someone starting over after illness or divorce?
Never mind. I know the answer lol
Im sorry but the one renting a room with his little son, actually was recently divorced. but idk what book says it's appropriate to drag little boys on dates. First dates. He need not be dating.

The 2nd also recently divorced, moved across country from the Midwest and didn't calculate the enormous COL difference.... in San Francisco. That's real bright. :rolleyes:

poor decision makers are also off the table.

See, @DarkJoy that's why the details are irrelevant to me.
It's the overall reason for the decision and planning that's more important to me. That dude not estimating the cost of living in San Fran cannot 'cover' me...at all. Well, yeah, bringing a child on a date is...[fill the blank].

Ideally at my age (24), I'd want a man to be making at least 60k. Within the next year or so, that'll definitely be bumped to 100k+, because I plan to continue to do what I'm doing now, but switch from the public sector to private/corporate, which will probably boost my income by at LEAST 20-30k, which will push my income to 70-80k. I've talked to men who've made close to 100k working blue collar jobs without college degrees, so education doesn't necessarily correlate with earning potential. I want to not have to work full time when I have kids. To be honest, to give my future kids the kind of lifestyle I want, I'd need a household income of at least 200k (combined or not), but it would be nice to get that household income without me having to work eventually. I don't plan to be a SAHM forever, however I do want to be at home with my future kids while they're young and not have to worry about making ends meet.

Hm....$40-60k depending on their age. And yes, they'd still need earning potential. This number will change whenever I move from the Midwest.

Back