Spill the beans...What has knocked your socks off this year?

Ion Protein Reconstructor Pak- whoaaaaa...this was some good protein. I really didn't think it would be that great considering it was in a pak similar to ORS. But it did the job well:yep:

Aveda Elixir- yes the discontinued item. I don't use it often cuz its the last bottle i own...but every time i use it i'm just like :yay:...why did they discontinue this item!!! argh

Aveda Universal Styling Cream- when i first used this months ago i didn't think anything of it. I hated the scent too. But at 10 weeks post, this became a godsend to keeping my edges nice and neat for the day:yep:

HE hello hydration - i don't think i'm gonna ever underestimate this co-wash conditioner ever again!...It untangles my coiled mess at 10 weeks post so good!

Solia - I was all ready to sell this to a friend of mine. Then i decided to give it one last try....and after that..i was sold. I kept it afterall...my friend was mad too! haha

Miniglide (makers of Maxiglide)...WHOAAAAAA ladies. I was at 12 weeks post and needed something to slick back those nappy edges pronto. So i used chi silk infusion, and then miniglided my edges..and they turned out sooooooooo straight. It was like i just permed it! I only did the edges, and it made my hairstyle look so much more nicer!

Here's another one for me...

Water as actual moisturizer! I mixed water with a drop of organix conditioner and SAA in a spray bottle and have been applying it to my ends and NG and seal with Castor/Coconut oil mix, lightly massage it in... My hair has been EXTREMELY happy. Simplicity has been so key for me. I do this when I straighten my hair and bun - especially at night. Apply a little to my ends and tuck em in.:lick:

Food grade aloe vera. I never stick with anything long because I love trying new things. I have used AV on my hair and scalp daily for over five months now. I plan on doing a detailed review at six months, but I will summarize: wonderful growth aid with b vitamins, amino acids, sulfur, muccopolysaccharides -- need I say more?; moisture and moisture retention for days; perpetually relaxed curl pattern, likely from the the lactic acid that AV contains. I have accelerated growth and I am retaining my length and my hair is staying moisturized throughout the day and it hangs down, not puffs out (although I also loved it when it puffed out). I get compliments daily from people at work who say either "you have nice hair" but it is mostly, "I did not realize you had such nice hair..." Most days I don't even believe it is my hair.

My home made fenugreek seed tea rinse (recipe in my fotki), has provided me with the best slip ever:drunk:. I never have straw dried hair after my ayurveda powder rinses anymore because of it.

I am loving Mega Tek cell rebuilder now too along with the Eqyss premier poo and creme rinse - these make my hair very soft, silky and manageable.

Coconut oil is just plain yummy:lick: on my hair - the smell and feeling of it. I use it as a sealant and as a pre-poo on my scalp - I just need to get that stuff deep in my pores if possible:look:.

There's more but I'm really tired for now. Need sleep.

Alter Ego Energizing Rebalancing cream

JASON Biotin, Aubrey Organics GPB and Swimmers Conditioner- I have been really pleasantly surprised with these deep conditioners- why did I wait a year to try these?

grapeseed oil

rosewater and glycerin - a capful in deep conditioners, or mixed with grapeseed oil as a moisturizing spray

taking flax-fish-borage multi oil- my scalp has changed! I can lightly massage with oil once a week and be good. Started taking it last fall and as of a couple months ago my scalp seems to need less oil. Wonderful!

Alter Ego Energizing Rebalancing cream

JASON Biotin, Aubrey Organics GPB and Swimmers Conditioner- I have been really pleasantly surprised with these deep conditioners- why did I wait a year to try these?

grapeseed oil

rosewater and glycerin - a capful in deep conditioners, or mixed with grapeseed oil as a moisturizing spray

taking flax-fish-borage multi oil- my scalp has changed! I can lightly massage with oil once a week and be good. Started taking it last fall and as of a couple months ago my scalp seems to need less oil. Wonderful!

You use this for your scalp massage?

Aubrey's Swimmers conditioner you say...Hummm....thats one of the few I never tried.

Garnier Melting Masque Strength and Repair. Hands down the best conditioner I have ever tried. It works on my relaxed tresses and my girls natural hair. I am nearly 15 weeks post relaxer and it's still working like a charm:yep:

I actully was going list this under the June hits thread. I used overnight on Friday and used again when I got rollerset done on Saturday. When I saw that it had a ceramide reconstructor, I thought of Gym and copped it

Got jerked in price at Duane Reade, but found it at Target for 2.99 a tube and got two more tubes to have in the stash.

Also, I guess I will break down and seek out this Organix serum this week :look:
*can't stand y'all sometimes, I swear...*

I actully was going list this under the June hits thread. I used overnight on Friday and used again when I got rollerset done on Saturday. When I saw that it had a ceramide reconstructor, I thought of Gym and copped it

Got jerked in price at Duane Reade, but found it at Target for 2.99 a tube and got two more tubes to have in the stash.

Also, I guess I will break down and seek out this Organix serum this week :look:
*can't stand y'all sometimes, I swear...*

You know you lubs us:grin:

Okay, I am going to cop the Garnier now. I'll try it next wash.

The Eqyss Product line, as a whole - I'm in :love3: - I feel like I did when I first discovered henna, all over again! :lol:

Hair Steaming - it's a concentrated humidity bath on my head, and my hair LOVES it!

WEN Lavender & Tea tree Cleansing Conditioners: I don't think I will every be without my WEN?:yep:

Jessie curl too shea and weekly moisturizing treatment: The too shea is great as a leave in and the weekly moisturizing treatment is so thick, fluffy and moisturizing...I just love 'em both so much

Ojon restorative treatment: works great as a daily leave in and a pretreament, my hair stays happy with ojon.

Rollersetting: This drying technique has made 08 one of the best hair years for me.

Vatika oil: this is a revisited product, I spike it with peppermint oil and it works wonders in assisting me on my stretches!

Jane Carter Hair nourishing cream and Nourish and shine: Both products have made 08 a great hair year. Moisturizing is so not an issue anymore!!

Castor oil: This stuff softens my relaxed ends like nothing else!!!

WEN Lavender & Tea tree Cleansing Conditioners: I don't think I will every be without my WEN?:yep:

Jessie curl too shea and weekly moisturizing treatment: The too shea is great as a leave in and the weekly moisturizing treatment is so thick, fluffy and moisturizing...I just love 'em both so much

Ojon restorative treatment: works great as a daily leave in and a pretreament, my hair stays happy with ojon.

Rollersetting: This drying technique has made 08 one of the best hair years for me.

Vatika oil: this is a revisited product, I spike it with peppermint oil and it works wonders in assisting me on my stretches!

Jane Carter Hair nourishing cream and Nourish and shine: Both products have made 08 a great hair year. Moisturizing is so not an issue anymore!!

Castor oil: This stuff softens my relaxed ends like nothing else!!!

I got most of my staples from you:yep::yep::yep:
And i also use the ojon restorative treatment as a daily leave in!!!All you need is a teensy-weensy lil bit.This is what i was going to name,as well as the revitalising mist.

Also Biosilk Fruit Cocktail is terribly good for my hair.I never thought i would love something from this line though:drunk:

Nubian Heritage Raw Shea Butter Daily Moisture Hair Mist---I have never had a problem with moisture as long as i have owned this.

M.O. P.

At first I didn't like the leave-in, but I think I used too much. I tried the Extreme Protein and Extreme Moisture with the leave-in. The combo was miraculous. No breakage.:perplexed

No...breakage.:huh:

NO BREAKAGE!:yay:

so far i haven't found anything ever that i would say knocks my socks off. everything is sorta "eh". :sad:

I'm still waiting for my hairgasm! :look:

I know right :look:

My home made fenugreek seed tea rinse (recipe in my fotki), has provided me with the best slip ever:drunk:. I never have straw dried hair after my ayurveda powder rinses anymore because of it.

I was about to buy some fenugreek-something b/c I heard/read someone on this board used this with their ayurveda rinses, but I didn't know if it was the fenugreek powder, seeds, or what. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

1. "Da Lime and da Coconut":love4:
  2. STEAM TREATS:kiss:
  3. Sabino Moisture Block.............. This Knocked my Socks off..... #1 for 2008.............................:infatuated:

Denman brush. Hands down.

I slept on the idea of getting one for 2 years, and I finally bought it. It is an amazing hair care tool.

Denman brush. Hands down.

I slept on the idea of getting one for 2 years, and I finally bought it. It is an amazing hair care tool.

What does the Denman do for your natural hair...eaisier detangling? I thought about one but I was under the impression that a brush would cause breakage.:look: Thanks for any info.

Back