Has anyone found staples since the beginning of the year?

MissVee said:
I just bought this... it is nice.

Side bar:

You and Letita are trouble, apparently our hair likes the same products and everytime I see y'all get something I want it to.

I am sorry MissVee.:cool: (you know she got me wanting to try this one out too. I haven't used it.....yet.)

sareca said:
Tell me about it. I usually go in w/ coworkers and get the 10% discount.
Alexstin likes the virgin coconut oil from natureswildchild.com. They might have cheaper shipping...?

Thanks Sareca and Alexstin.

I have found a fabulous conditioner for use as a dc, called Babosa, it contains aloe vera and is made in Brazil, it moisturises your hjair like crazy, my hair felt so soft, I mixed castor oil with it and i was in love.

Also loving henna!:p I recently lost my hennaginity!:lol:

Repping Jesus for infinity- I love GOD ;)

MissVee said:
I have Amla powder and coconut oil, are u using the powder or mixing the amla oil and coconut oil together?

Do you all prepoo on wet or dry hair? And for how long?

MV
I'm using amla oil, but you can make it out of the powder if you want (and it won't stink like pre-made stuff does). Here's how to make it, if you're so inclined.

you can make an oil infusion by warming sesame or olive oil in a double boiler with the herbs for 4 hours. After 2 hours has passed, replace the spent herbs. After 4 hours, strain the infusion and preserve it with rosemary oil extract or T-50. --fromnaturewithlove.com

On clean airdryed (not completely tho) hair I add my pre-poo (70% amla; 30 coconut). Then nuke (for 2 minutes) a wet hand towel wrap and carefully around my head then put a dry bath towel over it. I leave that for 30 minutes (or until it's cold) then rinse and style as usual. I call it pre-poo, but it's more of a hot oil treatment. Sometimes I do it overnight before wash day.

Priestess said:
Dayuuum! That stuff sounds amazing! I love coconut scented things, this oil sounds right up my alley. :eyebrows2

I'll be careful, I promise. :lol:

Not 10 minutes ago a female co-worker said "Why do you smell like a island?" :lachen:

smuice said:
I have found a fabulous conditioner for use as a dc, called Babosa, it contains aloe vera and is made in Brazil, it moisturises your hjair like crazy, my hair felt so soft, I mixed castor oil with it and i was in love.

Also loving henna!:p I recently lost my hennaginity!:lol:

Repping Jesus for infinity- I love GOD ;)

:lol: cute!

Girl, do you have that henna all over your hands w/o gloves on!!??

1. Miss Jessy's meringue and buttercreme.
2. NTM shampoo and conditioner.

I realize that s curl texturizer moisturizer spray will always be a curly hair/wash & go staple.

I'm still trying to find certain products, techniques and a regime that work well during my differing hair cycles.

jamaican black castor oil (great for my laying down my front hairline post relaxer...I apply while hair is wet and tie down with a scarf).

and also I bought some essential oils to add to my EVOO and Sweet Almond Oil... and my hair loves the mixes I came up with.

Pre poo with either Amla or coconut oil
UBH Dew and creme moisturiser
ORS Replenishing conditioner
Roux porosity control
ORS Lye relaxer
Affirm 5 in 1 Reconstructor

Still looking for staple shampoos

Aubrey's GPB & Honeysuckle Rose
Aveda Universal Styling Creme
CON in the green bottle (this was a revisit that turned into a staple)

I notice that my hair is loving protein right now, so a lot of protein additions...

so my staples before this year was

nexxus therapee/humectress!!!
silk elements mayo
fantasia IC straightening serum in pink bottle
hot six oil
bb oil moisturizer (conditiiner washes)
silk elements lye:( thinned the hell out of my hair!!!

NOW
Infusium 23 leavin
*ors lye relaxer (this ish is the BOMB)
nexxus still my baby daddy now (keraphix mixed with humectress)
fantasia serum
*Neutrogena Triple Moisture silk touch leave-in (hair is so soft and full! I use it as a daily moisturizer)
*NTM serum-yummy
*aphogee keratin green tea reconstructer (after relaxer for about 2 washes)/ treatment for damaged hair(a week or so before relaxer)

Porosity control shampoo
AB Hair Mayo
AB Liquid Hair Mayo leave in
QB Sidr Tree Butter
Boundless Tresses
Nature's Gate Henna Shine con
Pantene Smooth and Sleek con
Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Redken All Soft Hair Transformer
Lamaur Bone Marrow Treatment
Fermodyl 619

Last edited:
My hair stylist recommended Motions CPR, so I bought it. WonderGro Shea Butter Mega Moisture is fabulous. These two items are staples for life.

Last edited:
For me, it has been:
Weekly:
pre-poo with silicon mix+honey+oil (either olive or jojoba, whatever I
can get my hands on first)
co-wash with praital silk worm rinse
Giovanni leave-in
Daily:
BT+Vatika Oil between my flat twists (my protective style)
Every 3 days, my MN combination on my scalp
Sleep on my satin pillow :D
Monthly:
Henna mix (Henna, coconut milk, conditioner, amla)

Now I am thinking of trying baking soda clarifiying rinses to my weekly regimen as well as re-trying scurl as a daily moisturizing spritz.
I think that's it...well that's enough in any case :perplexed .

Absolutely fell in love with Silicon Mix Leave-in!!

yhst-2926993581959_1944_1149391

Since joining this board I've been able to find products that actually love which was so hard for me before, I would just go to the bss and buy stuff just because. I've noticed the least amount of products work best for me. Right now I'm loving:

NTM Silk Touch Leave in....I use this as a daily mosituriser
Vatika Oil..........I use this to seal with and along my hair line and nape, its really helping these areas to fill in nicely
Doo Gro Mega Thick anti thinning conditioner....I dont really hear of this mentioned on this board but I must say, I absolutely LOVE it, it makes my hair so soft and manageable especially my new growth

Last edited:
bkgirl0816 said:
Since joining this board I've been able to find products that actually love which was so hard for me before, I would just go to the bss and buy stuff just because. I've noticed the least amount of products work best for me. Right now I'm loving:

Vatika Oil..........I use this to seak with and along my hair line and nape, its really helping these areas to fill in nicely
Doo Gro Mega Thick anti thinning conditioner....I dont really hear of this mentioned on this board but I must say, I absolutely LOVE it, it makes my hair so soft and manageable especially my new growth

I always see that but have never used it. Thanks for the review, I will keep it in mind when I get some thick growth coming in.

bkgirl0816 said:

Vatika Oil..........I use this to seal with and along my hair line and nape, its really helping these areas to fill in nicely

Are you talking about the leave-in? I use the Mega Thick leave-in and I love it! :yep:

Priestess said:
Are you talking about the leave-in? I use the Mega Thick leave-in and I love it! :yep:

No not the leave in, the regular conditioner. But now that you've mentioned the leave in, I just might have to try it..:lol: * I thought I was slowly getting over being a PJ* Guess not :lachen:

Healthy hair plus vitamin and amino accelerator shampoo and Nourish/healthy hair plus protein and vitamin conditioner, ORS Olive oil in the jar, S curl,and BB castor oil and aloe vera hair lotion. I have not been able to repurchase any of these products yet but I plan on doing so real soon.

sweetcoco said:
Healthy hair plus vitamin and amino accelerator shampoo and Nourish/healthy hair plus protein and vitamin conditioner, ORS Olive oil in the jar, S curl,and BB castor oil and aloe vera hair lotion. I have not been able to repurchase any of these products yet but I plan on doing so real soon.

ors olive oil cream has been working well for me too.

Now that I can afford to somewhat indulge...Elucence MB. I was broke at school so I was only able to afford it at the beginning of the semester :lol:

So far I would have to say my staples are :

Roux Porosity Control pH 4.5 Corrector & Conditioner
Lacio Lacio
Miss Key 10 en 1 Super Conditioner
Sedal Keraforce Shampoo
Lamaur Bone Marrow Treatent
DRC
ORS olive oil (the one with out mineral oil)
Olive oil
Red Palm Oil
Jamaican Black Castor oil
Kera Care wrap lotion

Still on the search for a staple rinse

Last edited:
I've happily found some cheap stuff that works great.

Creme of Nature Organics Moisture (Orange bottle)
Suave Coconut Conditioner
Lacio Lacio
Moisture mix Spray (water, glycerin(mostly these 2),braid spray, infusium, surge, s-curl) tryin to get rid of some of these products.

Deep condition: Africa's Best hair mayo
Clarify: Suave daily clarify

MY STAPLES

• Elucence MB poo/con
  • Elucence clarifying poo
  • Affirm 5n1 (fav for life)
  • Porosity Control poo/Corrector
  • Amla Oil and Vatika Oil
  • BB Growth Oil
  • JBCO
  • AB Hair Mayo and liquid leave in
  • Qhemet Biologics - Sidr Tree/Heavy Cream/Honey Balm/Olive Detanlger