Spill the beans...What has knocked your socks off this year?

It can be a new product or something you have revisited from the past. What has had you in the shower like :love::clapping::shocked::2cool::woohoo:

My picks

Organix coconut serum...if it were not for Allandra's thread, I wouldn't have been in a rush to buy it. Great stuff, one of the best serums I have ever tried and the smell...:lick: One of the best commercial coconut scents ever. This stuff helps me rollerset and air dry

i'd have to agree with u in regards to the serum.....i love this stuff. its now taken the place of my chi silk infusion.....way more bang for the buck :grin:. i loves it, used it the other day for my rollerset and fell in love with how it made my hair feel and look.

another recent product that has knocked my socks off is abba moisturescentation conditioner. i think thats the name of it. i love this stuff...the smell is awesome and it makes my scalp tingle. it doesn't have much slip but when i do a rollerset or airdry my hair feels just loverly :love2:.

and i'm still lovin my mizani moisturefuse.....i go thru it like water though so i'm tryin to find other alternatives, or at least hold off using it until i'm at least 5 or 6 weeks post...

My steamer...my hair has made a 360 degree turn around and my ends are nice and moisturized.

Mizani Botanifying Shampoo and Fulfyl Conditioner...makes my hair feel soft and full, real plus for my fine hair. I am going to try more products from this line.

Coconut Oil...need I say more than what has already been written.

Lastly, Proclaim Glossing Polish Color and Heat Protectant...I have only used once and my rollerset has never looked better, plus it is so light that my hair did not feel weighted down at all.

ORS creamy aloe shampoo - leaves my hair clean and mositurize. The best shampoo I've ever used in my life:grin:.

Essential oils - no more dry itchy scalp:lick:.

Organix Products (conditioners and serum)

Giovanni 50:50 Moisture Balance Conditioner and Smooth as Silk Conditioner:
Use both for my DC's and my hair is now TRULY moisturized and simply amazing. I don't even have to moisturize any more on a daily basis.

Direct Heat Limiting: My ends are thanking me and my hair is thriving with the increased co-washing and textured styles (braidout/twistout/bantu knot outs)

Sebastian Potion 9: Is some SERIOUS stuff!

Andis Colorwave Tourmaline/Ionic Dryer: Never saw myself using a blowdryer before, now I would never go without this one

Conair Ceramic/Tourmaline Round Brushes: Never saw myself brushing my hair but these babies straighten my hair like NOBODY'S BUSINESS better than the flat iron with more moisturizing results. Takes those sheds right out too, minimal breakage when used properly.

Denman Brush: Pulls those sheds RIGHT out and leaves my hair incredibly smooth and detangled. My god-sister used to use Denman Brushes in my hair when I was little, so it brings back memories too!:yep:

AG Fast Food :love:- I recently tried this and I am beyond impressed. I went to Trade Secrets looking for a moisturizer and the sales lady recommended this product. I was skeptical at first but after reading the ingredients I was assured that this could possibly be really good. Anyhoo, I put some in my hair since I hadn't moisturized for the day and my hair feels soo soft and silky! It's a creamy leave in and it has honey, aloe, silk protein among other goodies in it! I love Lacio Lacio but I think after I use mine up, I may stick to this! I bought the abba leave-in but plan to return it and exchange it for another Fast Food leave-in.

Which essential oils are you using?

I purchased Gueye hair oil online about 2 months ago and it's the bomb. I went through it like water. The ingredients for Gueye oil: Cold pressed olive oil, capsicum, rosemary, aloe vera resin, sage, kelp, nettle, horsetail, peppermint.

Now I use a mixture of my own which consist of jojoba, rosemary, and peppermint oil on my scalp when I DC. During the week (maybe twice) I use jojoba oil on my scalp.

My scalp has improved tremendously while using essential oil!

I purchased Gueye hair oil online about 2 months ago and it's the bomb. I went through it like water. The ingredients for Gueye oil: Cold pressed olive oil, capsicum, rosemary, aloe vera resin, sage, kelp, nettle, horsetail, peppermint.

Now I use a mixture of my own which consist of jojoba, rosemary, and peppermint oil on my scalp when I DC. During the week (maybe twice) I use jojoba oil on my scalp.

My scalp has improved tremendously while using essential oil!

Thanks for your response. Anytime someone says "improves scalp" I am all ears

Garnier Melting Masque Strength and Repair. Hands down the best conditioner I have ever tried. It works on my relaxed tresses and my girls natural hair. I am nearly 15 weeks post relaxer and it's still working like a charm:yep:

Thanks for your response. Anytime someone says "improves scalp" I am all ears

You are welcome. Also, I've noticed that when I sit under my bonnet hair dryer, my scalp becomes super dry which is not helping my already dry scalp. Therefore, I cut back from sitting under the hair dryer. My roller-sets are now air dry. If I must sit under the hair dryer, it's no more than 30 minutes.

You are welcome. Also, I've noticed that when I sit under my bonnet hair dryer, my scalp becomes super dry which is not helping my already dry scalp. Therefore, I cut back from sitting under the hair dryer. My roller-sets are now air dry. If I must sit under the hair dryer, it's no more than 30 minutes.

I started doing this too. My SO actually made that observation. It really does help, especially when I rub coconut oil into my scalp right before.

Gym,

I just realized that this is an undercover PJ Promoting thread. I'm reading about products that have "knocked people's socks off" and I'm getting the itch. :naughty:

Gym,

I just realized that this is an undercover PJ Promoting thread. I'm reading about products that have "knocked people's socks off" and I'm getting the itch. :naughty:

:hide: Watcha talking bout Supergirl?:look:

although, I scratched a itch today and ordered that Philosophy mask you were talking about.......

Qhemet and Myhoneychild products, specifically Qhemet amla and olive heavy creme and Myhoneychild Sophia's old fashioned hair grease. I love the ingredients and they work very well in terms of moisturizing my ends.

Cold pressed castor oil (www.oilsbynature.com $6 for 32 oz)
Proclaim Aloe and Shea Butter con (Sally's)
Revive and Restore Hair mayo (Sally's 7.50 19 oz)

My severe shedding and weird feeling hair has calmed down immensely since I started this trio in Nov 2007. I mix 1 pt Proclaim with 2 pts mayo and leave on for 2 hrs as a pre poo. My beloved CO I use 3-4 times a week hair and scalp. My hair has thickened up noticibly with these inexpensive products. I have (3) 32 oz bottles of castor oil to make sure I don't run out:yep::yep:

AG Fast Food :love:- I recently tried this and I am beyond impressed. I went to Trade Secrets looking for a moisturizer and the sales lady recommended this product. I was skeptical at first but after reading the ingredients I was assured that this could possibly be really good. Anyhoo, I put some in my hair since I hadn't moisturized for the day and my hair feels soo soft and silky! It's a creamy leave in and it has honey, aloe, silk protein among other goodies in it! I love Lacio Lacio but I think after I use mine up, I may stick to this! I bought the abba leave-in but plan to return it and exchange it for another Fast Food leave-in.
Same for me. They used this when I went to the Dominican salon a few weeks ago and I was impressed. As soon as I got home I looked it up but I've been holding off on purchasing it.

I finally gave in a few minutes ago.

Keracare Humecto in the Tub: Soooooo much better than the bottle; I'm in love :lick:

Ojon Restorative Treathment: I've used this off and on for years, but I'm having THE best results since I've learned not to use as much as they recommend (i.e. to saturate hair). Instead I just apply one scoopful. The key is to leave it in overnight. Guaranteed hairgasm :love5:

Come again?

This is it...http://www.amazon.com/philosophy-shear-splendor-age-defying-conditioning/dp/B000ES47M0

Supergirl says it is great.
Here are the ingredients

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Stearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Phenyl Trimethicone, Soy Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Phytantriol, Tocotrienol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fragrance, Butylenes Glycol, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Apigenin, Oleanolic Acid, Biotinoyl Tripeptide, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Yellow 5 (CI 19140).

Well, I have a few bangers for the year:

Hydratherma Naturals Moisture/Protein Balance leave in
excellent detangler and moisturizer. Definite staple!

Shescentit Moisture Mist leave in
Gives my hair and scalp much needed moisture and detangles and softens like a dream!!

Shescentit Fortifying masque
Rich and creamy, this masque moisturizes and strengthens and hair ends up soft and silky. I should also add the Tea Tree and Grapefruit Herbal conditioner. Great moisturizing conditioner!

Ovation Cell Therapy
amazing product line. My hair has gotten thicker and stronger. The increased growth has been good, too. The creme rinse is excellent as well, detangling and softening. OCT just improves the condition of hair in every way.

Den1's Nourish Oil and Ayurveda Growth Elixir
The Nourish is an excellent oil combo. Smells good and softens my hair. Great on my ends for sealing in my moisture. The Growth Elixir I just started using about a month ago, in conjunction with the OCT. Increased my growth rate. :yep:

An oldie but goodie I revisited knocked my socks off: ORS Replenishing conditioner! I conditioned over night and woke up with what felt like a brand new head of hair! :love:

Gym,

yeah it is because I am going to be ordering the Organix Serum now

and of course I will not be able to get the serum without getting some conditioners!

This is it...http://www.amazon.com/philosophy-shear-splendor-age-defying-conditioning/dp/B000ES47M0

Here are the ingredients

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Stearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Phenyl Trimethicone, Soy Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Phytantriol, Tocotrienol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fragrance, Butylenes Glycol, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Apigenin, Oleanolic Acid, Biotinoyl Tripeptide, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Yellow 5 (CI 19140).

You know I have been eyeing the marinade for awhile. Didn't know Shear Splendor had a mask. Sounds good.

Here are my picks:

Joico Moisture Recovery Line
Ojon Revitalizing Mist
Steam
Trader Joe's Nourish Spa

Here are the ingredients

*not clicking the link* :grin:

You know I have been eyeing the marinade for awhile. Didn't know Shear Splendor had a mask. Sounds good.

Here are my picks:

Joico Moisture Recovery Line
Ojon Revitalizing Mist
Steam
Trader Joe's Nourish Spa

I absolutely love the Joico Mosture Recovery Conditioner, it's right up there with Kenra MC! :grin:

Back