Has anyone found staples since the beginning of the year?

sareca said:
I've eaten real coconuts that didn't smell this good. :) I also have "extra virgin" coconut oil that I got from Wholefoods; it smells like water by comparison. It must be something about they way they extract it.

If your source for the oil is anything like my source they get the oil from the freshly extracted coconut milk which makes a world of difference.

mango387 said:
^^^Re: Virgin Coconut Oil

All of you married women or women w/ SO cannot be buying all of this virgin coconut oil with its enchanting effects. Remember your single sisters out here!!! We want some too. :lol:

Funny that you mention it. Last time I got dressed for work and put a flower in my hair, hubby said "so attention from me isn't enough?" Ouch! I took the flower out, but I'm not giving up the oil. :)

sareca said:
http://www.bestdeal.org/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=VIRGIN-16&Category_Code=&Store_Code=Essential

On the website they describe the fragrance as intoxicating and they ain't never lied. If I add it to my leave-in conditioner and wear a flower in my hair the men at work... um.... behave differently. They frequently use the the word "exotic" to describe it. I've had 1-on-1 meetings called w/ men that don't work in my group to ask me stuff they could have asked me in the hall. I was like :huh:

I knew it smelled good but dang! So, be careful with this stuff. :wink2:

I brought the 7lb jug. tee-hee

Dang Sareca. I am lol at the 1 on 1 meetings!:lol: MEN!

alexstin said:
If your source for the oil is anything like my source they get the oil from the freshly extracted coconut milk which makes a world of difference.

Here's what the website said about the extraction process...

This oil is processed by technology developed in Japan using a centrifuge and gravity. They harvest the coconut and the coconut milk is extracted by centrifuge with a density separator. Virgin coconut oil comes directly from the Fiji islands

Where are you getting yours? Is it cheaper?

ETA: Oh I forgot to mention it's also organic.

Last edited:
sareca said:
Here's what the website said about the extraction process...

This oil is processed by technology developed in Japan using a centrifuge and gravity. They harvest the coconut and the coconut milk is extracted by centrifuge with a density separator. Virgin coconut oil comes directly from the Fiji islands

Where are you getting yours? Is it cheaper?

ETA: Oh I forgot to mention it's also organic.

I get mine from Natureswildchild.com, not sure if it's cheaper. I think 16 oz is $10 and change.

Last edited:
alexstin said:
I get mine from Natureswildchild.com, not sure if it's cheaper. I think 16 oz is $10 and change.

Dang, they're almost equal. Bestdeal sells 1.6lbs for $15; wildchild sells 1lb for $10.

gymfreak336 said:
Cause they rock!! The honeysuckle and rose really helped restore my elasticty. They smell great too. The camellia one is nice too. They are my favs.

Yes, they are on my list gym.

Sareca...that shipping on that site is no joke!

Mane N' Tail Shampoo
Queen Helene's Jojoba Hot Oil Treatment, I use it w/my DC. My hair comes out soooooo soft!
That's all so far, but everything else I'm using I've been using since forever.

I have found:

Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Shampoo and Conditioner
Motions CPR Conditioner
Vatika Oil
Qhemet Biologics Olive Cream Detangler
Porosity Control Conditioner
Coconut Milk

I love all of these products and have used them continually for at least 1 year (with the exception of Trader Joe's products)

sareca said:
http://www.bestdeal.org/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=VIRGIN-16&Category_Code=&Store_Code=Essential

On the website they describe the fragrance as intoxicating and they ain't never lied. If I add it to my leave-in conditioner and wear a flower in my hair the men at work... um.... behave differently. They frequently use the the word "exotic" to describe it. I've had 1-on-1 meetings called by men that don't work in my group to ask me stuff they could have asked me in the hall. I was like :huh:

Dayuuum! That stuff sounds amazing! I love coconut scented things, this oil sounds right up my alley. :eyebrows2

I'll be careful, I promise. :lol:

sareca said:
Dang, they're almost equal. Bestdeal sells 1.6lbs for $15; wildchild sells 1lb for $10.

I'll have to check bestdeal out. I can pick up and save on shipping.:)

sareca said:
Amla and coconut oil make up my new prepoo as well. I just discovered a "virgin" coconut oil that smells exactly like coconuts. I absolutely love it. People at work have commented that they know I'm coming when it smells like a tropical island. :grin:

I also started using macadamia nut oil this year. I mix it w/ coconut and camellia (or kiwi) oil and use it as my regular hair oil and as a supplement to my conditioners.

Yes, girl that prepoo will thicken and soften hair like nobody's business. Plus, my hair stays moisturized all week after I DC! :yep: LOVE it!

Ladies who are using TJ's Nourish Spa poo and con...can you tell me more about it? I keep passing by it and wanting to try it but haven't gotten around to it.

Letitia said:
Yes, they are on my list gym.

Sareca...that shipping on that site is no joke!

Tell me about it. I usually go in w/ coworkers and get the 10% discount.
Alexstin likes the virgin coconut oil from natureswildchild.com. They might have cheaper shipping...?

Ojon Restorative Treatment (daily/pre poo conditioner)
Mizani H20 Intense Nightime treatment (Used as necessary)
Mizani H20 Intense Headress (moisturizer)
Elasta QP Mango Butter (moisturizer)
Original CHI Flatiron (comes in handy for stretches)
Brazil Nut Pre Poo from the Body Shop.

Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil - great for sealing, neither too heavy nor too light for my hair, and it has a great blend of oils in it! And it's CHEAP!:D

Aloe Vera gel - man, this stuff is so versatile! I use it as a "regular" gel to smooth down my edges (it holds beautifully) and I also use it as a facial/undereye moisturizer. I don't know why I didn't jump on it sooner!

Motions Moisture Plus conditioner - after all the raves, I tried it, and my hair loves it!

sareca said:
Tell me about it. I usually go in w/ coworkers and get the 10% discount.
Alexstin likes the virgin coconut oil from natureswildchild.com. They might have cheaper shipping...?

If anyone decides to try it, it's the virgin de coco creme.

HoneyDew said:
ApHOGEE Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer - love this for quick protein!!!

I just bought this... it is nice.

Side bar:

You and Letita are trouble, apparently our hair likes the same products and everytime I see y'all get something I want it to.

Well, it's been back to basics fo me:

My Balsam Conditioner( for CW)
Mirtha de Perales Deep Conditioner
Aveda Elixir leave in mixed w/ Asante oil and Ouidad's leave in conditioner
Boundless Tresses
Shikakai & Vatika oil added to my other conditioners when I finish up the Balsam cond
Phyto 2 relaxer

I only added one new product to my staple group since January: It is pure silk protein conditioning treatment from http://www.aurorasilk.com/shop/silk_shampoo.shtml. It is a wonderful, natural protein boost that is easy, gentle and effective. I use it now once a week. I like it even better than Emergencee and certainly more than Aphogee. ...and :eek: maybe even henna that I used to use strictly for protein and strength.

Royal Glory said:
I only added one new product to my staple group since January: It is pure silk protein conditioning treatment from http://www.aurorasilk.com/shop/silk_shampoo.shtml. It is a wonderful, natural protein boost that is easy, gentle and effective. I use it now once a week. I like it even better than Emergencee and certainly more than Aphogee. ...and :eek: maybe even henna that I used to use strictly for protein and strength.

I think some other ladies have mentioned this treatment. It sounds divine! I may have to try it out sometime in the future, after I used up my last bit of Emergencee.....

My new staples are :

• Vatika oil : I use it to seal the moisture in my hair.
  • Vitahair conditionner & Garnier Ultra doux conditionner (shea butter)
  • ORS olive oil : It has always been my staple, but I had forsaken it

sareca said:
Amla and coconut oil make up my new prepoo as well. I just discovered a "virgin" coconut oil that smells exactly like coconuts. I absolutely love it. People at work have commented that they know I'm coming when it smells like a tropical island. :grin:

I also started using macadamia nut oil this year. I mix it w/ coconut and camellia (or kiwi) oil and use it as my regular hair oil and as a supplement to my conditioners.

I have Amla powder and coconut oil, are u using the powder or mixing the amla oil and coconut oil together?

Do you all prepoo on wet or dry hair? And for how long?

MV

sareca said:

On the website they describe the fragrance as intoxicating and they ain't never lied. If I add it to my leave-in conditioner and wear a flower in my hair the men at work... um.... behave differently. They frequently use the the word "exotic" to describe it. I've had 1-on-1 meetings called by men that don't work in my group to ask me stuff they could have asked me in the hall. I was like :huh:

SHOOT! They don't ship over here!

I wanna smell "intoxicating" & "exotic".

HA!

Dr Bronners Almond Castille Soap
Avalons Organics Lavendar
and Vatika Oil.

I have been really loving this combo. I was looking at my shelves teh other day like ok lemme see what I can toss...didn't of course but it was a very strong thought!

Back