Spill the beans...What has knocked your socks off this year?

gymfreak336

It can be a new product or something you have revisited from the past. What has had you in the shower like :love::clapping::shocked::2cool::woohoo:

My picks

Organix coconut serum...if it were not for Allandra's thread, I wouldn't have been in a rush to buy it. Great stuff, one of the best serums I have ever tried and the smell...:lick: One of the best commercial coconut scents ever. This stuff helps me rollerset and air dry

Alter Ego Energizing Conditioner Its expensive but this little white and green jar holds one great conditioner. It gives me tons of slip and helps seal in moisture. I do watch how much I use it so I can clarify more often but this helps keep my moisture protein balance in check. Love it.

Ovation Products I got to shout out Brownie and January Noir for this one. Never has the condition of my scalp improved so quickly. My hair texture is different and its stronger. That creme rinse must have some magic fairy dust in it because it works miracles. I have slept with it in or just used it for a couple of minutes with amazing results. The cell therapy has really helped heal my scalp. I am finally not scratching my scalp every 2-3 minutes. The shampoo is gentle and leaves my hair super soft. One of the most complete and effective product sets out period!

Hawaiian Silky no mix no lye relaxer My new favorite relaxer. The best of both worlds; atleast for me.

Kera care Conditoner
Butters for hair
Coconut oil
Elasta Qp relaxer
Orangix Shampoo
What does serums do? :look:

Here are mine:

STEAMER....STEAMER....STEAMER
WEN Fig, Lavender and Tea Tree condish
WEN Fig Oil
Mega Tek
Cowboy Magic
Any Organix product

and probably WEN Lavender re-hydrating mask as soon as I try it:lick:.

Last edited:
It can be a new product or something you have revisited from the past. What has had you in the shower like :love::clapping::shocked::2cool::woohoo:

My picks

Organix coconut serum...if it were not for Allandra's thread, I wouldn't have been in a rush to buy it. Great stuff, one of the best serums I have ever tried and the smell...:lick: One of the best commercial coconut scents ever. This stuff helps me rollerset and air dry

Alter Ego Energizing Conditioner Its expensive but this little white and green jar holds one great conditioner. It gives me tons of slip and helps seal in moisture. I do watch how much I use it so I can clarify more often but this helps keep my moisture protein balance in check. Love it.

Ovation Products I got to shout out Brownie and January Noir for this one. Never has the condition of my scalp improved so quickly. My hair texture is different and its stronger. That creme rinse must have some magic fairy dust in it because it works miracles. I have slept with it in or just used it for a couple of minutes with amazing results. The cell therapy has really helped heal my scalp. I am finally not scratching my scalp every 2-3 minutes. The shampoo is gentle and leaves my hair super soft. One of the most complete and effective product sets out period!

Hawaiian Silky no mix no lye relaxer My new favorite relaxer. The best of both worlds; atleast for me.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
We :love: Ovation!!!!

Here are mine:

WEN Fig, Lavender and Tea Tree condish
WEN Fig Oil
Mega Tek
Cowboy Magic
Any Organix product

and probably WEN Lavender re-hydrating mask as soon as I try it:lick:.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
We :love: WEN
You didn't get yours yet either Coffee? I ordered the Fig. I was hoping it would arrive today so I could use it tomorrow while I am home and can enjoy the experience.

Nice thread..good for us PJS:spinning:

* Proclaim Aloe&Shea Conditioner - I picked this one up after seeing Letitia and Babygurl raving about it. It is so versatile and NICE! I use it every single week as a deep conditioner mixed with butters and oils and it ALWAYS provides so much freakin slip and lasting moisture (not that temporary moisture) and shine. It's so awesome! It's' the perfect moisturizing conditioner!

* Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk-touch LeaveIn - I hafta say, I doubted the NTM leavein at first but then i realized that you have to only put a dime-sized amount on your head unless you want weighed-down hair that doesn't feel clean :rolleyes: It moisturizes like no other and has a nice consistency.

* Coconut oil - Another one of my consistent loves! It smells HEAVENLY (yum) :lick: and imparts shine and moisture to my hair. My indian friend's mom was even reprimanding my friend for not taking care of her hair and using her coco oil b/c she thought my hair was shiny lol

* Chagrin Valley Shampoo Bars - I must say thankyou so much to the ladies who introduced me to these shampoo bars.They are all natural but clean TO THE TEE (my favorite is the chocolate, yes chocolate bar :) divine). I use them every week but still clarify/chelate with nexxus aloe rid every month. I love them!
chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com :drunk:

joico moisture recovery line
tresemme smooth and silky!!!!!!!!
aussie deep con
giovanni
coconut oil

Gymmie! I'm so happy that you found something to ease your itching!!! How long have you been using OCT?

My raves:
-Jehan Pre Shampoo Treatment from www.shescentit.com. My hair retaing moisture so much better since I've been using this. For some reason, this is the ONLY oil my hair likes as a pre poo treatment

-Tresemme Moisture Rich conditioner. I used it a long time ago and HATED it. I decided to try it again, just to test it. Love it! Moisture, slip, softness... Did I say slip?

-Tresscence oil. It's very light, doesn't weigh my hair down an ALL, smells beautiful and gives great shine. I love sealing with it

-Fortifying Mask from www.shescentit.com. The smell, the texture :love: Makes my hair so soft and moisturized. When I seal it with Tresscence oil? OMG!!!! Can you say hairgasm???

-Kenra MC. Need I say more?

Gymmie! I'm so happy that you found something to ease your itching!!! How long have you been using OCT?

My raves:
-Jehan Pre Shampoo Treatment from www.shescentit.com. My hair retaing moisture so much better since I've been using this. For some reason, this is the ONLY oil my hair likes as a pre poo treatment

-Tresemme Moisture Rich conditioner. I used it a long time ago and HATED it. I decided to try it again, just to test it. Love it! Moisture, slip, softness... Did I say slip?

-Tresscence oil. It's very light, doesn't weigh my hair down an ALL, smells beautiful and gives great shine. I love sealing with it

-Fortifying Mask from www.shescentit.com. The smell, the texture :love: Makes my hair so soft and moisturized. When I seal it with Tresscence oil? OMG!!!! Can you say hairgasm???

Almost a full month now, using the whole system. I practically wash daily with the shampoo and it doesn't dry me out. I might scratch my head twice a week now. You know how bad it was:nono:

You got me thinking about that Jehan oil....I might have to try that out.

Almost a full month now, using the whole system. I practically wash daily with the shampoo and it doesn't dry me out. I might scratch my head twice a week now. You know how bad it was:nono:

You got me thinking about that Jehan oil....I might have to try that out.

have you tried coconut oil?

My raves:

Tiffers,

What does the Tresscence oil smell like? I've been wanting to try some of her stuff. :)

ETA: To answer the original question, I am totally in love with Unreel Penetrating Emollient Treatment :up:

Last edited:
OT: question.
after telling where i found out about OCT, i clicked a button and it just took me back to the product :perplexed

is that right?

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you trying to order Ovation product? If so, yes, after you select where you heard about it, it takes you back to the product and you have to click on the shopping cart.

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you trying to order Ovation product? If so, yes, after you select where you heard about it, it takes you back to the product and you have to click on the shopping cart.

sorry for the confusing but thanks. you answered my question. I thought i was going to get some sort of verification. :ohwell:

Rollersetting weekly
Relaxing straight--hair much easier to handle
shescentit's fortifying mask--makes my hair so soft and easy to detangle
Keracare shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair-makes my hair soft, easy to detangle with loads of slip.

Paul Mitchell Super Charged Moisturizer:love:-It gives me soft, strong hair. If I am experiencing breakage, it stops the breakage dead in it's tracks!

Tiffers,

What does the Tresscence oil smell like? I've been wanting to try some of her stuff. :)

ETA: To answer the original question, I am totally in love with Unreel Penetrating Emollient Treatment :up:

I have the scent ''Believe'' and it smells sweet. But not overly sweet. Fruity and tropical and yummy. It smells just like the description :lick:

I wanna try the fig scent next :grin:

Meadowfoam seed oil- Leaves my fine hair shiny, not weighed down and well conditioned

Organic virgin coconut oil-love the lightness, smell, and the way it leaves my hair shiny and soft

HE LTR and HH- I think since they changed their formula-my hair agrees with this condish more. I love the smell too. I use this with meadowfoam oil and sometimes some honey when I deep co-wash

Humectress-nice light moisturizer (cheaper than ordering online all the time too)

Curlformers mixed with flexi-rods- I get such a cute style! I wish it would look good after day 2 but I'm working on it. I still love it though. Now I never have to depend on a beautician (I want to get better at placing my flexirods in)

Mega Tek!!!!!

My hair in the front always grows in slow. The crown and back tend to grow about .5 per month, the front, .25 in one month.

I have .25 inch in the front now. It's been a week and a half!!! I should have almost 2 inches by the time I get ready to relax next in about 8 weeks. I should make BSL for the first time in my life this December.

I Love Mega Tek!

Hmmm, what knocked my socks off so far in 2008?

-Rollersetting
-Leave in conditioners
-Black Castor Oil
-Stretching Relaxers
-Coconut oil
-Co-washing

• The fact that I STILL haven't relaxed!!! Is byfar the #1 thing that has knocked my socks off this year!!!! This is a HUGE accomplishment for me! Every time I think about relaxing I remind myself how far I've come
  • Cholesterol/Coconut Oil Treatments This is by far the BEST concoction I've tried! I makes my hair soft, silky and virtually tangle-free - which is a GOD-send for me right now!
  • Coconut Oil I actually discovered this last year, but it deserves mention agian and again and again and again... :yep:
  • Mane 'n Tail Detangler The jury really is still out on this, but last week, I FELL IN LOVE with its detangling abilities! This first time I used it, I was not impressed....I think b/c I mixed too many other prods with it (specifically the Sta Sof Fro cream :down:)
  • CHI Turbo 2" Flat Iron This thing blends my NG with my relaxed hair with just ONE PASS!!!!! I :love: my Chi!!!!!
  • Profectiv Growth Lotion (Mega Growth Line) My DH LOVES the way it smells. I don't care for how it makes the relaxed portion of my hair feel...may not me holding on to this...SORRY MR. DENVER!!!
I am looking forward to trying Tigi Moisture Maniac & Chi Silk Infusion this year as well.

Last edited:

My picks

Flexi8 clips
Organix Conditioner for my Co-washes
Siliconado by Barros Minas
And braiding my hair vs. Twisting- Not an elaborate hair do, quick, compact, protective and holds me until the next wash day!

Back