Solaray Bamboo (or other brand name) Challenge!

I can't tell if I'm getting anything from Bamboo because the Boundless Tresses is overpowering it! My nails have gotten alot stronger though.

What I do notice continually, is that I'm retaining hair...no shedding or breaking, which is awesome for me.

VWVixxen...Girl, if the shoe don't fit, get the right shoe...LOL! That liquid silica sounds good. Maybe when I'm finish with this bamboo, I'll try some of it. I'm almost finish with my bottle too, so sounds like I will be getting the liquid. Thanks for the heads up about it!

I'm halfway through my first bottle of Solaray Bamboo and I'm gonna order their 5 bottle special for $44.99.

I figure you have to give any vitamins at least 6 months to work.

I'm also using Boundless Tresses.

I ordered a two month supply. I'm taking the vitamins now but I've also started back up with my hair vitamins--maybe I should have taken the Bamboo supplements alone just to see if there were actual changes with my hair. :ohwell:

Nice & Wavy said:
VWVixxen...Girl, if the shoe don't fit, get the right shoe...LOL! That liquid silica sounds good. Maybe when I'm finish with this bamboo, I'll try some of it. I'm almost finish with my bottle too, so sounds like I will be getting the liquid. Thanks for the heads up about it!

:lol: Yeah, I'm trying to be sure to give the Bamboo a fair chance but I'm pretty sure the Eidon is MY glass slipper!

I have stopped using it for now when I ran out. I know that BT has given me such great growth, that I don't need to add any other hair supplement to it.

Nice & Wavy said:
I have stopped using it for now when I ran out. I know that BT has given me such great growth, that I don't need to add any other hair supplement to it.

Thanks for the update Nice & Wavy. Congrats on your growth with BT ! :)

Nice & Wavy said:

I stopped taking bamboo too. I don't know if it was the bamboo or the other vitamins that I'm taking but SOMETHING is changing the texture of my hair. My ng and hair is sooo soft. My ng has changed ALOT and initially I thought it was the bamboo so that's why I stopped taking them. That was about 2 months ago and my texture/ng is still soft. My ng is coming in looser/softer. I ordered the BT and can't wait until it gets here. This BT should get me to bs by July. I know without BT I should be about 1 1/2 inches from bsl at my next touch up.

tsmith said:
I stopped taking bamboo too. I don't know if it was the bamboo or the other vitamins that I'm taking but SOMETHING is changing the texture of my hair. My ng and hair is sooo soft. My ng has changed ALOT and initially I thought it was the bamboo so that's why I stopped taking them. That was about 2 months ago and my texture/ng is still soft. My ng is coming in looser/softer. I ordered the BT and can't wait until it gets here. This BT should get me to bs by July. I know without BT I should be about 1 1/2 inches from bsl at my next touch up.

Wow, that's great that your ng is so soft. BT will give you the inches you are looking for....for sure!

Still taking them, I'm on the last bottle that I purchased. Not sure if I'll re-up. I'm going to make a concerted effort with the BT, it's much easier for me to remember to take the vites than it is to oily my scalp daily.

But...my new growth has been wonderfully changed my something. My supplementation now consists of: Nioxin Recharging Complex (2), Viviscal (2), 3-6-9 EFA (2), Acerola (2), Bamboo Silica and Nature Made Super B Complex. I take JP+ for general nutritional needs.

VWVixxen said:
Still taking them, I'm on the last bottle that I purchased. Not sure if I'll re-up. I'm going to make a concerted effort with the BT, it's much easier for me to remember to take the vites than it is to oily my scalp daily.

But...my new growth has been wonderfully changed my something. My supplementation now consists of: Nioxin Recharging Complex (2), Viviscal (2), 3-6-9 EFA (2), Acerola (2), Bamboo Silica and Nature Made Super B Complex. I take JP+ for general nutritional needs.

Girl, sounds like when its all said and done...your hair will be hitting the floor! :D

Nice & Wavy said:
Girl, sounds like when its all said and done...your hair will be hitting the floor! :D

I like THAT confession!! "Does your hair hang low, does it hang down to the flo'?!" :lol: Soon...!!

tsmith said:

Thanks tsmith for the update and information. I have only been taking SOLARAY Bamboo for 1 month and I am like "Where is my newgrowth?" I also mentioned in another thread that it may be my combination of Bamboo, Pre-natals and Vitamin C but it is like I have no newgrowth. :look:

Nice & Wavy said:
Wow, that's great that your ng is so soft. BT will give you the inches you are looking for....for sure!

Girl, I just re-read my post and I was redundant on the soft part huh?:lachen: but yah I am excited for this BT to arrive:D

VWVixxen said:

Vixxen, I have gotten real skimpy with the Nioxin now and I only take 1 now since I've been on Viviscal for almost 4 months. I'm getting good growth so I think I will continue with just taking 1 nioxin and when I hit the 6th month mark on Viviscal, I think I'm going to stop taking the nioxin. I will have to make an effort too in applying the BT to my scalp because I'm lazy when it comes to applying stuff on my scalp too:perplexed

taraglam2 said:
Thanks tsmith for the update and information. I have only been taking SOLARAY Bamboo for 1 month and I am like "Where is my newgrowth?" I also mentioned in another thread that it may be my combination of Bamboo, Pre-natals and Vitamin C but it is like I have no newgrowth. :look:

I'm starting to think that bamboo might not accelerate growth at least for some ppl BUT it does change the hair texture, makes hair stronger, and shiner. That's why I stopped taking bamboo about 2 months ago because my texture is changing ALOT and I don't want that but even though I stopped taking bamboo two months ago. Guess what? My texture is still coming in looser so I think Viviscal is helping to change my texture, along with biotin. I don't take the MSM I have right now and might not take it:confused: Decisions, Decisions:ohwell: What other vitamins are you taking to grow your hair, maybe you need to add a vitamin that specifically is for growing hair:D In addition to the bamboo.

I'm on my second bottle of Bamboo Silica. I have noticed that my 4b new growth comes in a little straighter than before, which allows me to stretch my relaxers longer. However, I can still tell the difference between my ng and already-relaxed hair, so I should be okay at touch-up time.

I am really happy about my eyelashes. They used to be way to curly, but now the curl is "relaxed' somewhat, so now my lashes appear longer, and it's also easier to apply mascara.

tsmith said:
I'm starting to think that bamboo might not accelerate growth at least for some ppl BUT it does change the hair texture, makes hair stronger, and shiner. That's why I stopped taking bamboo about 2 months ago because my texture is changing ALOT and I don't want that but even though I stopped taking bamboo two months ago. Guess what? My texture is still coming in looser so I think Viviscal is helping to change my texture, along with biotin. I don't take the MSM I have right now and might not take it:confused: Decisions, Decisions:ohwell: What other vitamins are you taking to grow your hair, maybe you need to add a vitamin that specifically is for growing hair:D In addition to the bamboo.

I am going to add in Nioxin or Great Hair by VITIOL because I really liked both of those hair vitamins. I am glad you mentioned taking a vitamin specifically for growing hair because I was thinking the same thing. I still will continue with SOLARAY Bamboo because my hair is a lot smoother and radiant and I love what it is doing for my nails and skin. :)

VWVixxen said:

Thanks for the update VWVixxen ! :)

prospurr4 said:
I'm on my second bottle of Bamboo Silica. I have noticed that my 4b new growth comes in a little straighter than before, which allows me to stretch my relaxers longer. However, I can still tell the difference between my ng and already-relaxed hair, so I should be okay at touch-up time.

I am really happy about my eyelashes. They used to be way to curly, but now the curl is "relaxed' somewhat, so now my lashes appear longer, and it's also easier to apply mascara.

Thank-you prospurr4 forthe update. I can't wait till I have finished up a second bottle of it. :)

You're welcome, taraglam2.

I just ordered $100 worth of Bamboo Silica (yep,14 bottles) from luckyvitamin.com...and I got free shipping:D. This is now a staple for me so I figured it would be cheaper buying in bulk instead of a couple of bottles here and there, and paying shipping every time. I go through a bottle a month, so I should be good for a while. :look:

prospurr4 said:
You're welcome, taraglam2.

I just ordered $100 worth of Bamboo Silica (yep,14 bottles) from luckyvitamin.com...and I got free shipping:D. This is now a staple for me so I figured it would be cheaper buying in bulk instead of a couple of bottles here and there, and paying shipping every time. I go through a bottle a month, so I should be good for a while. :look:

Oh my goodness ! Let me hurry up and order. This must be working great for you ! Congratulations on finding a vitamin / supplement staple ! I am going to the luckyvitamin.com website right now. I hope they still have some left !

I'm taking Silica right now, but just ordered Bamboo, since I hear that it's even better than just Silica or horsetail. Ordered from Lucky Vitamin as well. Very cheap and reasonable.

Serenity_Peace said:
I'm taking Silica right now, but just ordered Bamboo, since I hear that it's even better than just Silica or horsetail. Ordered from Lucky Vitamin as well. Very cheap and reasonable.

Thanks Serenity_Peace and please keep us updated on how the SOLARAY Bamboo Silica works for you. :) I am waiting for 10am EST so I can call Luckyvitamin and speak directly with a customer service rep to make sure they have some in stock before I order. Like I mentioned in a previous post, vitaminshoppe.com has been backordered/out of stock for a while now.

YamisGirl said:
I just ordered liquid silica from Eidon. Can't wait to get it.

:yay: You're gonna like it!! I can't wait to switch back, I have about 20 days left of my Bamboo Silica then it's on w/Eidon!

Back