Solaray Bamboo (or other brand name) Challenge!

VWVixxen said:
I've been watching this one for a while and decided to jump on the tailgate for a ride myself! Problem is, you can't find this stuff locally! I ended up having them order it at Whole Foods, it's about $14 per bottle but I guess if I ordered it online it would be about the same w/shipping and handling.

I only ordered one bottle but now that I'm thinking about it, I may need two at 3-6 caps a day.:look:

I'll give it a 30 day stint and see what happens from there!

Hey, VWVixxen, I'm glad you are going to try it too...just that 3-6 caps a day seems to be alot.

With the Solaray Bamboo
so-2013.gif
you only need to take 2 a day:

Supplement Facts
Serving Size 2
Servings Per Container 60 Capsules
block.gif
Amount Per
Serving
% Daily
Value
block.gif
BAMBOO (BAMBUSA VULGARIS)(STEM EXTRACT)(GUARANTEED TO CONTAIN 420 MG (70%) ORGANIC SILICA)
600 Mg
N/A*
block.gif
block.gif

* Daily value not established

Directions:
As a dietary supplement, take two capsules daily with meals or a glass of water.

The silica amount is a good amount in this brand.

Blessings.

Enchantmt said:
This is interesting. I wonder if the aluminum in deodorants contribute to alzheimers as well. That would be another reason to switch to natural deodorants.

Hmmm....that is interesting. I agree with you.

tsmith said:
I ordered 3 more bottles because these vitamins are doing something to my hair. I have never been able to stretch past 10 weeks before using these vits. I am currently 10 weeks and it looks like I will be able to stretch 2 more weeks. It seems like my hair is easier to comb through, ng and all, I get no breakage. I don't know and can't really explain it but it's working for me so I am keeping these babies in my vit regimen. [QUOTE]Thanks Nice & Wavy for finding these vitamins
:)[/quote]

Hey tsmith, Wow...that is great news. It's doing something to mine too. I'm glad that you are able to comb through your ng...I'm sure that's a relief.

I can't take credit for this....den1 found this supplement, so she gets all the props :D (thanks, den1).

Blessings...:p

gelati said:
Thanks VWVixxen!!!!

Hey ladies, I want to join this challenge but which brand of Bamboo silica is really good and were do I get it from?

Hey gelati, I am using the Solaray brand of Bamboo and I got mine from the Vitaminshoppe. I had to ask the store to order it for me because its in demand and hard to find in the stores or online.

Blessings...:p

Hey, is this challenge ova? I'm bumping to get the results!! I got mine right around Christmas so it was too late for me! :cry3:

VWVixxen said:
Hey, is this challenge ova? I'm bumping to get the results!! I got mine right around Christmas so it was too late for me! :cry3:

Hey girl...no, its not over. I didn't want to put a time limit yet on this to give it time to work. This is a different type of challenge.

You know how it is...you put a time limit on a product, and then the product is expected to do miracles at the end of that time period. Then, if it doesn't work, then the product is no good...yada, yada, yada. So, I have found out that usually it will take at least 6 full months to see if a product works or not, so...if you have the bamboo, begin to take it, ok?

Nice & Wavy said:
Hey girl...no, its not over. I didn't want to put a time limit yet on this to give it time to work. This is a different type of challenge.

You know how it is...you put a time limit on a product, and then the product is expected to do miracles at the end of that time period. Then, if it doesn't work, then the product is no good...yada, yada, yada. So, I have found out that usually it will take at least 6 full months to see if a product works or not, so...if you have the bamboo, begin to take it, ok?

:yay:! That's great news! I actually started taking a liquid silica on the 22nd of December which I'm definitely feeling so I'm in!

I started this challenge right along with nice & wavy and I too agree that it's doing something for my hair because my ng is coming in softer and I can actually stretch relaxers to 12 weeks now if I want to but I haven't went past 10 weeks yet. I'm currently 5 weeks post come friday and my ng feels so much looser but I'm going to try to stretch to 11 weeks and see how it goes but these vitamins definitely needs more time but they're def a keeper for me:)

tsmith said:
I started this challenge right along with nice & wavy and I too agree that it's doing something for my hair because my ng is coming in softer and I can actually stretch relaxers to 12 weeks now if I want to but I haven't went past 10 weeks yet. I'm currently 5 weeks post come friday and my ng feels so much looser but I'm going to try to stretch to 11 weeks and see how it goes but these vitamins definitely needs more time but they're def a keeper for me:)

Yes, even though I'm all natural, I can see and feel the difference in my hair since using it. My hair is getting thicker I think and it is definately growing longer. I was rinsing conditioner out of my hair in the shower Sunday morning and my husband peeks into the shower and says "Oh my goodness, look at your hair...its growing down your back right before my eyes." Now you know I was cheesin' right? :grin: For my husband to say anything about my hair is a miracle in itself, so if he said it...its taking place! Thank the Lord!!!

I guess I have to wait until April 1st to show my hair, by then I should have some significant results.

Nice & Wavy said:
Yes, even though I'm all natural, I can see and feel the difference in my hair since using it. My hair is getting thicker I think and it is definately growing longer. I was rinsing conditioner out of my hair in the shower Sunday morning and my husband peeks into the shower and says "Oh my goodness, look at your hair...its growing down your back right before my eyes." Now you know I was cheesin' right? :grin: For my husband to say anything about my hair is a miracle in itself, so if he said it...its taking place! Thank the Lord!!!

I guess I have to wait until April 1st to show my hair, by then I should have some significant results.

girl, I can't wait for April Fool's Day...I can't wait til I do a touch up to see the progress and yah if your hubby is noticing that means something is happening;)

tsmith said:
girl, I can't wait for April Fool's Day...I can't wait til I do a touch up to see the progress and yah if your hubby is noticing that means something is happening;)

Me too. He is noticing because something is happening for sure.

I juss got on the horsetail bandwagon, and now ya'll are telling me I need to switch to bamboo? Think there's any adverse effects of mixing the two? What about nettle and bamboo?

belladionne922 said:
I juss got on the horsetail bandwagon, and now ya'll are telling me I need to switch to bamboo? Think there's any adverse effects of mixing the two? What about nettle and bamboo?

Yah, I think you need to switch to Bamboo Silicia:lachen: Bamboo Silicia is more potent and purer/organic than Horsetail.:)

tsmith said:
Yah, I think you need to switch to Bamboo Silicia:lachen: Bamboo Silicia is more potent and purer/organic than Horsetail.:)
Oh, man. Well, looks like I won't be joining this challenge anytime soon then, because when I got the horestail, I got two bottles of the stuff, and it's gonna be a while before I get finished with them. Unless I started taking the recommended dosage...I usually don't do two of the same pill because I don't want any crazy effects. But maybe I'll make an exception this time and started doing this while I order some bamboo and wait for it to get here.

I'm not sure, i think it's growing faster what's more noteworthy though is the softer texture! Me likey!

VWVixxen said:
I'm not sure, i think it's growing faster what's more noteworthy though is the softer texture! Me likey!

My hair is reacting the same way with the liquid silica....I went to Sally's the other day and the clerk assumed I had chemicals in my hair since it was laying down all shiny and wavy by stressing that her hair was all natural (as if mine wasn't), the only thing I can attribute that to is the silica.....I started taking the liquid silica at the same time this Solaray Bamboo challenge started. :D This stuff is a keeper! :yep:

EMJazzy said:
My hair is reacting the same way with the liquid silica....I went to Sally's the other day and the clerk assumed I had chemicals in my hair since it was laying down all shiny and wavy by stressing that her hair was all natural (as if mine wasn't), the only thing I can attribute that to is the silica.....I started taking the liquid silica at the same time this Solaray Bamboo challenge started. :D This stuff is a keeper! :yep:

***Takes out notepad to compare details***

Which liquid brand are you using? I'm using Eidon which I found at Whole Foods when I went to order the Solary Silica! So far I like it very much, have been using it since December 22nd. I have a hair under 1/2 ng which is a lot for me. I've not been using any of my usual topical aids just to see how this stuff works, it rocks! I also like very much that it is tasteless!

EMJazzy said:

What brand of liquid silica are you taking? Can i buy it online...from what im hearing i might jump on this wagon too... Are you just taking the silica or do you also take biotin,MSM , bomboo and liquid silica?

VWVixxen said:

Which liquid brand are you using? I'm using Eidon which I found at Whole Foods when I went to order the Solary Silica! So far I like it very much, have been using it since December 22nd. I have a hair under 1/2 ng which is a lot for me. I've not been using any of my usual topical aids just to see how this stuff works, it rocks! I also like very much that it is tasteless!

Do you use it in addition to the Bamboo?

VWVixxen said:

The brand I take is Body Essential Silica Gel. I ordered it from www.natureworks.com the 17oz size, I paid $32.95 plus shipping....expensive as hell but worth it. I'm thinking of trying the capsules w/calcuim next.

nadine1977canada said:
What brand of liquid silica are you taking? Can i buy it online...from what im hearing i might jump on this wagon too... Are you just taking the silica or do you also take biotin,MSM , bomboo and liquid silica?

Body Essential Silica Gel.... www.natureworks.com The vitamins I take are listed in my siggy. :cool: I didn't order the bamboo silica because I already had the liquid silica gel in the house and I wasn't sure what would happen if I mixed them. I like what's happening with the liquid so I plan on sticking with that for the time being. :)

Back