"So, tomorrow you could call me...or I could call you."

Well I think you shouldn't have called or texted. He chased, you returned the call (which was fine), you had two nice conversations in one day, then why can't he call you the next day or in a couple days? I think it would make sense for him to call you. Nothing wrong with him taking the lead. The I can call or you can call me thing is annoying, why not just say I'll call you tomorrow, when is a good time?

And good luck with the matchmaking service. I think that is a smart idea.

Girl, it really is. It's EXPENSIVE, but at least you know the folks who are involved are (1) serious about finding someone and (2) monied enough to afford it (and, therefore, me) :look:

Maybe . . . but I don't think so. He kept giving me his work number and was like "call me at work!" I'm like, "Uh, don't you have things to do?" :look: :lol:

I knew who guy who begged me to call AND text him ALL THE TIME. And when I say all the time I mean "all the time he would beg me to call and text him all day all the time" :yep:

I just can't deal with someone like that.

I dunno.. I can't see thinking too hard about whether to call someone back, just let it flow or else it feels like game-playing. It's not like you're losing something at this point.

I would call, you made it sound abundantly clear that he is interested and you could only send a text?

I'm sorry, If I was seriously looking for someone, and we were set up by a match maker, I would hope we could be past all this game playing that occurs when you meet someone down at the club and you have NO idea whatsoever what they want.

HE IS PAYING FOR A MATCHMAKING SERVICE. What to that indicates he just wants to get it in????

Context. Context. Context!!!!!

That said what is the service you are using, and what is the quality of men like thus far? I am personally thinking about it, but I've been doing okay in this city so far, thinking of a time cap, before I jump into a service. You can PM if you dont want to share on the forum.

I don't think you should've called. In my opinion, it's the lazy men that want you to chase them. And you'll end up doing most of the work too. It's way too early for you to be calling him.

Maybe . . . but I don't think so. He kept giving me his work number and was like "call me at work!" I'm like, "Uh, don't you have things to do?" :look: :lol:

Yeah I dont like that. I had a guy that would call me and if I didnt pick up, he would ask why
Me: im at work
him: so?
me: umm im working...im BUSY i cant talk on the phone

he just wouldnt get it. At one point i told him this is what normal ppl do.. work.

I try not to talk on my cell phone at work. If it's during work hours I don't necessarily expect someone to respond to a text I send. The reason he gave you his work number is because that's a better way to reach him during the day.

Or he's just thirsty and lazy. Who knows at this point. Did ya'll talk last night?

all of this over a phone call?
This is one of those situations where its not worth the over analyzation. U call..he calls...it doesnt matter now. U all had a good convo that i would assume made u BOTH interested. So at this point it doesnt matter who makes the next move. Somebody do something.

This is one of those situations where its not worth the over analyzation. U call..he calls...it doesnt matter now. U all had a good convo that i would assume made u BOTH interested. So at this point it doesnt matter who makes the next move. Somebody do something.

This made me :lachen::lachen:..and ur right.

Wow. I've never worried about this stuff beyond the initial few times and its never hindered potential relationships. You're both keen at this point so call, text. Do ya thing..

I've said before thirsty is not in what you do, it's how you do it. This dude sounds pretty thirsty enough for the both of you lol.

If he's been blowing up your phone, how does you initiating one call constitute being thirsty? Maybe he wants to see if the interest is mutual by allowing you the opportunity to call for once.

I know folks like to follow "the rules" around here, but you really need to be flexible with them.

I agree to both bolded sentences. :yep:

It's not "thirsty" if they GUY has been blowing up YOUR Phone for the past few weeks. It's only "thirsty" if YOU'RE the one doing most of the leg work and the guy is doing next to nil. :naughty:

And yes, you DO have to be very flexible w/the "Rules" at times. :yep: Especially in the area of Online Dating. It's a very different ball game imo.

LOL. Very simple. "Hey how are you doing today?" something like that . . . .trying to play it cool :)

:nono:

I wouldn't have done the texting thing, but that's only because I DESPISE texting as a form of "getting to know you better"! :wallbash: But if you're fine w/it, then hey...go for it! Just know that he might *think* that texting is what you prefer and end up a marathon texter. :nono: Been there, done that....never again! :hand:

idk Glib Gurl I think you two should meet...you've already had a conversation, and it seems that you feel off about it so I would say trust your gut...however, you have to meet him if the next convo goes well.

Nothing worse than liking someone over the phone and you don't/they don't like them/you when you get together. In person will always trump any rapport you've built over the phone.
^^THIS!!!!!

I wouldnt burn my chances for some stupid "book " rule,why should hr call u and chase you down even more when he doesnt even know you .Why? Exactly ,give him a chance to like you and if he seem too "thirsty" let him go.no regrets.

I dunno.. I can't see thinking too hard about whether to call someone back, just let it flow or else it feels like game-playing. It's not like you're losing something at this point.

Glib I love ya but girl you need to stop over analyzing. If your interested just call him. If he's interested back he will answer or return the call if he's busy. Sometimes I think we make the getting to know you process a lot harder than it needs to be.

poochie167 said:

^^^^This.^^^^

Well I think you shouldn't have called or texted. He chased, you returned the call (which was fine), you had two nice conversations in one day, then why can't he call you the next day or in a couple days? I think it would make sense for him to call you. Nothing wrong with him taking the lead. The I can call or you can call me thing is annoying, why not just say I'll call you tomorrow, when is a good time?

I agree with everything especially with the bolded. I can't stand hearing "I can call you or you can call me" because it makes me doubt if the guy is really interested in me or not.

Glib Gurl , I'm in a matchmaking service too and I don't know how yours works but mine is pretty traditional in the sense that they want the man to call first (hence why he is given the woman's number) and the purpose of the call is to set up the date, not to make small talk. I went through this with my last match and I literally had to push for us to meet and when we finally set a date he bailed with the "I'm sick" excuse and never called me back. My other dates before him called with the specific intention of setting up a date so my bar was set.:yep:

IMO he should've called you back.

@Glib Gurl , I'm in a matchmaking service too and I don't know how yours works but mine is pretty traditional in the sense that they want the man to call first (hence why he is given the woman's number) and the purpose of the call is to set up the date, not to make small talk. I went through this with my last match and I literally had to push for us to meet and when we finally set a date he bailed with the "I'm sick" excuse and never called me back. My other dates before him called with the specific intention of setting up a date so my bar was set.:yep:

IMO he should've called you back.

Mine doesn't really give you any "instructions" although I do let the men call first.

I actually just got off the phone with him. Game on!

Glib Gurl , entice him on if you want a chance with him. Call him it doesn't matter. If he is interested the conversations will continue. If he isn't or you are not it will stop. Life is too short for games You two are grown ups and I think as you would like someone to be straight forward he would too with you.

He needs to know if you are interested that is what all this boils down to. Are you?

Chit chat and talk. If you think you are taking too much of his time, let him know that you feel you are and you will let him go and you will talk later. You will hear his response and now how it is with him and vis versa.

Our fears and analyzing makes it worst than it ever really would be. Just have fun and enjoy dating again. Enjoy the thrill of meeting someone new and the possibilities...

Please do yourself a favor and with the next guy, after the first phone call from him allow yourself to return the gesture.

Sent from my iPhone

Back