"So, tomorrow you could call me...or I could call you."

Glib Gurl

So, I decided that enough is enough and I've hired a matchmaking service. :grin: I have only been with it a few months, but they seem to do a good job of matching people based on interests and personality but generally a lot of these guys seem thirsty. (Not a bad thing, but you'll see where I'm going in a minute.)

So, my latest match - we had been playing phone tag for a while. He was blowing UP my phone without even having seen or talking to me. I felt bad so I finally called him back. We ended up having two really nice conversations (on the same day). At the end of our last call he was like, "So, tomorrow you could call me...or I could call you."

Now personally I do believe that it is important to let the man chase you and all that jazz. But, after not hearing from him yesterday, I have the feeling that he is waiting for me to contact him. No bueno.

So, do I just wait it out? I would like to communicate with him again, but *I* don't want to seem thirsty.

Thoughts?

Meh.. call him back. You've already had the initial phone call and the context of a matchmaking service alters the rules a bit. I also don't see simply calling a guy after he's called you as being thirsty.

Please keep us posted, I'm in interested in how matchmaking plays out :yep:

If he's been blowing up your phone, how does you initiating one call constitute being thirsty? Maybe he wants to see if the interest is mutual by allowing you the opportunity to call for once.

I know folks like to follow "the rules" around here, but you really need to be flexible with them.

If he's been blowing up your phone, how does you initiating one call constitute being thirsty? Maybe he wants to see if the interest is mutual by allowing you the opportunity to call for once.

I know folks like to follow "the rules" around here, but you really need to be flexible with them.

^^^^This^^^^^

He's already blown up your phone. Wait a day or two and if he still hasn't called then throw him a bone and dial his number. It won't make you look thirsty.

idk Glib Gurl I think you two should meet...you've already had a conversation, and it seems that you feel off about it so I would say trust your gut...however, you have to meet him if the next convo goes well.

Nothing worse than liking someone over the phone and you don't/they don't like them/you when you get together. In person will always trump any rapport you've built over the phone.

LOL. Very simple. "Hey how are you doing today?" something like that . . . .trying to play it cool :)

I really think you should have just called, Glib.

Hopefully you didn't open up the floodgates for him to become a texter cuz then that would be your next thread.

A text??? You guys are trying to get to know each other and you can't do that through texting. In the early stages there shouldn't be any texting...You should have called that man!

A text??? You guys are trying to get to know each other and you can't do that through texting. In the early stages there shouldn't be any texting...You should have called that man!

Very true! My BF and I almost never got together because of a misunderstanding via text. Texting is for short snippets of information (i.e. I'm on my way, I'm running late, I'm looking for parking), not for getting to know you conversation. Don't get caught in that trap.

I agree that you should have called instead of sending a text.

Next time you get on the phone with him arrange to meet him in person if the conversation goes well.

Wow. You guys. And here I thought for sure you all would be like, "Hell naw, don't you call that man! Make him chase you down!!!" (At least that's the feedback I got when the whole Dutch Chocolate thing was unfolding.)

Wow. You guys. And here I thought for sure you all would be like, "Hell naw, don't you call that man! Make him chase you down!!!" (At least that's the feedback I got when the whole Dutch Chocolate thing was unfolding.)

I feel a bit differently about this since it's a matchmaking service. Call him so you can check him out and arrange to meet in person.

After you meet him in person and you both seem to like each other, then you'll have plenty of time to have him do most of the work. :)

I don't remember how the DC thing went down so I can only speak for this situation here. And again, I'm not understanding how one call, after he has taken the initiative to call on a number of occasions equals chasing or being thirsty. Do you not think that guys want to feel that same type of interest that we want to feel?

You have a tendency to over-think things and this is part of the problem, IMO.

Last edited:
Well, running to LHCF with my every question doesn't help either....

You're right, maybe you need to start trusting your own feelings. Because I don't know why you would ask for advice, have a bunch of people tell you to do one thing, then IMMEDIATELY do something else. :look:

But I'm interested to see what happens from here and I hope it's good. :yep:

Last edited:
:look: dont worry too much about being thirsty (im also doubting if the other dudes were actually thirsty or if they were just interested).

A lot of these 'rules' and stuff are just general sayings.. don't live your life by them. You'll miss out on a lot of stuff that way.

:look: dont worry too much about being thirsty (im also doubting if the other dudes were actually thirsty or if they were just interested).

A lot of these 'rules' and stuff are just general sayings.. don't live your life by them. You'll miss out on a lot of stuff that way.

I haven't read "the rules" book in awhile, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't say NEVER to call.

I haven't read "the rules" book in awhile, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't say NEVER to call.

I wasnt referring to the actual book, i just meant these regulations that we put on ourselves in general. Sometimes you just gotta go with your gut.

Back