SL 2014

I just realized that my ends now are the last of my no-lye relaxed hair. Idk if that makes a difference but that texture was also curlier and drier then my lye relaxed hair.

I'm trying to nail down my moisturizing and sealing routine. So I will be going through my stash one by one an dtrying different combinations.

I cowashed last night and did LOC with CC Naturals leave-in, hazelnut oil and Bask Tapioca Palm Cream. I sealed my ends with castor oil and twisted with TW Lock It Up.

I'm not sure I like the CC Naturals but I will try it one more time. I like the hazelnut oil. And I also like the Bask Tapioca. I am sealing my ends with castor oil to see how that works. I like the TW Lock it up but I have found better products that have the hold but also provide some moisture.

I plan to cowash and do a lot of experiments through February to see if I can get a handle on moisturizing. I think that will be key to even getting close to SL next year.

I'm trying to nail down my moisturizing and sealing routine. So I will be going through my stash one by one an dtrying different combinations.

I cowashed last night and did LOC with CC Naturals leave-in, hazelnut oil and Bask Tapioca Palm Cream. I sealed my ends with castor oil and twisted with TW Lock It Up.

I'm not sure I like the CC Naturals but I will try it one more time. I like the hazelnut oil. And I also like the Bask Tapioca. I am sealing my ends with castor oil to see how that works. I like the TW Lock it up but I have found better products that have the hold but also provide some moisture.

I plan to cowash and do a lot of experiments through February to see if I can get a handle on moisturizing. I think that will be key to even getting close to SL next year.

That bask tapioca is wonderful. I love it...hopefully you will find the right combo girly. Im about to use QB amla heavy cream with entwine jelle styler on one half of my head and then entwine butter creme hydrator and the jelle styler on the other half and see what happens. I need to find a good leave in replacement for my HH SCM and PLBM until I decide I want to order again. So its safe to say I knew my sew in wasn't staying in lol.i have to be able to get to my hair and scalp. Maybe I will try wiggin it again.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

^^My girl tashboog gave me a sample. Its my first time trying it. I thought it would be too heavy but as I put it on my hair I could feel my hair soften. That's a good sign. I will keep tabs of products I want to try again. I may try more from this line and add it to my wish list.

The avocado oil is a heavy oil. It doesn't have a scent. Maybe just a slight sent, but I had to smell it a few times to smell it. I think this oil will be perfect for the harsh winters. It also spreads really well. I did not use a lot of the oil.

I don't know why they are upside down but here are my starting pics. I have trimmed since then but I'm in plaits and wigging it so no length checks until March if I can help it.

ForumRunner_20131211_161620.jpg

ForumRunner_20131211_161645.jpg

Okay so did my twists earlier and here's my starting pic for this challenge. The first pic was taken November 12th and the 2nd one was today.

ForumRunner_20131211_195144.jpg

HPG

Last year I could not wash my hair in plaits because they would just unravel andvthey would be so thin and puny. Today I washed in plaits and my hair has got thicker and longer and they didn't unravel. This year is going to be a good year.

I moisturized and sealed yesterday but it was a fail. I tried to combine a gel with a butter. It was a good idea but the implementation was poor. So I will be cowashing tonight to start all over. Will figure out my product combos tonight.

I have a mixture of avocado oil, honey, and hello hydration Cornish in my hair. I heated these items up and have my hair in a plastic cap. Much needed treatment.

I moisturized and sealed yesterday but it was a fail. I tried to combine a gel with a butter. It was a good idea but the implementation was poor. So I will be cowashing tonight to start all over. Will figure out my product combos tonight.

I didn't know you could mix gel and butter

[USER=253834 said:
lovely_locks[/USER];19366827]I didn't know you could mix gel and butter

BraunSugar was sharing how she mixes gel and crisco. Since I had a butter blend I figured I would us it in its place. I was too impatient to blend it properly, so it didn't turn out well. I also used too much butter for my hair. I need just a small amount. Next time I may just add oil, it would be easier.

Checking in .. Been neglecting my hair lately :( but between school and work my life has been a mess lol. But currently have a sew-in , have no idea when I will finally decide to take it down , planning on getting back on my regimen now that school's over for now

Starting pics attached!

I took my crochets out yesterday & did my relaxer. I don't know if I missed washing & conditioning my own hair or having my crochets more. Any hoo I still don't think I've hit SL. I flat ironed & had some growth but not mind blowing. My edges have made a remarkable recovery though. They aren't as thick as I want but I'm not embarrassed to hide the sides anymore & I'm positive they'll continue to grow. My hair has made a complete recovery over my year journey & I can put a ponytail!! It was only 4 inches long but I didn't have to struggle to get it in the scrunchy. I even played around with my homemade stocking bun & it was nice!! Ending pics attached. I'm rocking a phony pony for a couple months to give my hair a break from the braiding then right back to my crochets! In the mean time I got a bathroom cabinet fulla conditioner calling my name! Sorry the attachments are crazy! Don't know how to fix that.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131213_162828.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131213_162828.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 43
  • ForumRunner_20131213_162859.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131213_162859.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 37
  • ForumRunner_20131213_162923.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131213_162923.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 35
  • ForumRunner_20131213_162941.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131213_162941.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 32
My phone was being funny! Here's the rest of the pics.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131213_163051.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131213_163051.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 39
  • ForumRunner_20131213_163058.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131213_163058.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 35
  • ForumRunner_20131213_163106.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131213_163106.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 44
So day b4 yesterday I took my sew in out and cowashed. I put my twists back in and used QB amla heavy cream a s a LI and twisted with entwine jelle styler on one half of my head and used entwine hydrator creme as a LI and jelle styler on the other half. I let my hair set for 2 days but I noticed when I put them in my hair felt sticky with both QB and Entwine LIs. I was hoping the sticking feeling would go away but it didn't at all! :-/ maybe I used them wrong but I thought both products were meant to be LIs. The jelle styler didn't feel sticky.

HPG

I finally put my curlformers in. I used 33 of the 40. I sprayed a little Infusium 23 LI and then applied DE stretching cream and DE gel to each section b4 applying the curlformers. I alternated with the pink and orange. Here's what my head looks like b4 and after applying. I will update the reveal tomorrow when I take them out...not looking forward to sleeping on these!

20131213_211520-1.jpg

ForumRunner_20131213_223617.jpg

HPG

Ummm yeah didn't get much sleep last night. I have never slept this uncomfortably with a hair style in my life. I WILL NEVER SLEEP in these darn things again...EVER!!!

Anyway I just took them down but haven't seperated and styled them yet. Im going to see if they drop some b4 I do that. Also the DE left my hair silky and not a lot of hold like I thought. Next time I will use Ecostyler gel. And my ends on some of them didn't do too well. Its like instead of them going through smooth they were still trying to curl up in my normal curling pattern while inside the curlformer. Anyway this was a lot better than my traditional rollerset failure lol. Sorry for the blurry pics my son took.

ForumRunner_20131214_073520.jpg

ForumRunner_20131214_073536.jpg

HPG

HairPleezeGrow

LMAO at the never sleeping in curlformers again. They aren't really comfy to sleep in. From watching naptural85 I thought the real ones would b easier to sleep in than the generic ones but guess not. Looks good so far. Can't wait to see the final style

HairPleezeGrow

LMAO at the never sleeping in curlformers again. They aren't really comfy to sleep in. From watching naptural85 I thought the real ones would b easier to sleep in than the generic ones but guess not. Looks good so far. Can't wait to see the final style

Thanks!

HPG

Here's my finished hair. I'm kind of on the fence about it bc I thought it would be bigger...looks a little flat to me. Anyway here ya go!

20131214_170034-1.jpg

ForumRunner_20131214_170957.jpg

HPG

^^that is so cute!!! You just need to fluff the roots and separate it a bit more if you want it bigger

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Shampooed with Barefruit Hair and now DCing with SM Restorative Conditioner. My hair didn't like the Barefruit. I had to save it by putting Deva Curl One on each section before rinsing. Glad I learned that trick. I need to remember to try a new shampoo on one section before using it all over.

Back